New mod portal profile page

A place to talk about the official Factorio mod portal (https://mods.factorio.com)
vinzenz
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

New mod portal profile page

Post by vinzenz »

We just released a new personal profile page for the mod portal -> https://mods.factorio.com/profile

Here you can edit your profile picture and text. We also show your recently downloaded mods (we've been keeping inventory since releasing the mod metrics feature in late 2021 ;) ), your uploaded mods and mods where you're set as a collaborator.

I'm still looking into a good cache-busting workflow for our factorio.com web services, so you might have to clear your browser cache with CTRL+F5 to get a visually more appealing version of the personal profile page.
bringing the oops to devops

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: New mod portal profile page

Post by mmmPI »

My first thought was that everyone would be able to see that i keep downloading mods like i have no life.

Then i thought maybe other people do the same, so i tried to spy on someone else and realized one cannot see the download list of other people.

Which is good because i can keep my secret hahaha.

It's a nice feature :)

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

Looks great, thank you very much. I’m loving all these mod portal features that are being rolled out!

Unfortunately it doesn’t really work on mobile. The profile text only takes up the right third of my screen so most of the content is cut off… (for another example of unviewable content on mobile, see viewtopic.php?f=189&t=96002)
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

We have a profile page on the mod portal?? O.o :lol:
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

BiterUnion
Inserter
Inserter

Post by BiterUnion »

I am trying to upload a profile picture, but it says "Unknown error, please try again later.". Any idea what the issue could be?

It is the same profile picture I use here, if that is relevant.

Edit: just checked again and it works now!

vinzenz
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by vinzenz »

Xorimuth wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:39 pm
Looks great, thank you very much. I’m loving all these mod portal features that are being rolled out!

Unfortunately it doesn’t really work on mobile. The profile text only takes up the right third of my screen so most of the content is cut off… (for another example of unviewable content on mobile, see viewtopic.php?f=189&t=96002)
Thanks for the kind words! Maybe I can add some small fixes to the css.
BiterUnion wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:29 am
I am trying to upload a profile picture, but it says "Unknown error, please try again later.". Any idea what the issue could be?
The CDN upload had some timeout issues last night. We'll move to another hosting provider or add some retry logic eventually.
bringing the oops to devops

Return to “Mod portal Discussion”