[help][answered] Getting started with farms

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

docbassie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[help][answered] Getting started with farms

Post by docbassie »

Heya,

Over the last couple of days I've been trying to get to grips with the gardening part of Angels Mods.
Specifically generating Alien Plant Life Samples (APLS).

So what I understood from looking at the recipes, research and from things at the internet:
- I got to find gardens in the world (done that)
- I need to throw them in seed extractors to get the APLS (done that as well)
- To produce more gardens, I need to throw the APLS into a basic farm, which then gives me a 3x 1% change to get gardens back (build this as well, see screenshot. I got 4 batches of these farms, with only those 3 seed extractors)
- These gardens go back into the seed extractor, giving me more APLS (done that)
- throw all the APLS back into the farming and let the overflow go into science (made this too)

This is also where my understanding stops.

I have resupplied the system with a good few hundred APLS but every time when I get back, it's simply all gone. (it's running on a server hosted by a friend)
By now it's the second time I filled the system and found it empty.

Before I go and resupply it again, I was hoping to get some information on how this works.. I can't really believe it's purely luck based and it must be something that I'm missing or doing wrong.

Can someone please explain what I am missing or doing wrong?

Thanks in advance
APLS setup.png
APLS setup.png (3.73 MiB) Viewed 2526 times
Last edited by docbassie on Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [help] Getting started with farms

Post by valneq »

The "garden cultivation" recipe is negative on APLS, as you can see here:
garden-cultivation.png
garden-cultivation.png (126.89 KiB) Viewed 2508 times
This recipe is meant to generate any type of gardens in the case you cannot easily find them on your randomly generated map.

The only way to get a positive loop with APLS is to do duplication of the gardens via alienated fertilizers (here I show temperate as an example):
garden-duplication.png
garden-duplication.png (251.72 KiB) Viewed 2508 times

docbassie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by docbassie »

did anyone ever mention you are awesome?
thanks! so that was the piece I was missing :D

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

docbassie wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:22 pm
- To produce more gardens, I need to throw the APLS into a basic farm, which then gives me a 3x 1% change to get gardens back (build this as well, see screenshot. I got 4 batches of these farms, with only those 3 seed extractors)
That's where the trick lies. You got 32 APLS from one garden. Then one APLS has 3x1% chance of giving you back a garden.
This means from one garden you got 32x3=96% chance of getting a garden back. So overall you lose 4% of your garden at each cycle.

There is no other way to create excess before some research namely the "(desert/swamp/temperate)farming upgrade" which cost some APLS.(at least at the time in my modpack).

The later receipe allow you to combine a garden and 30 APLS into 2 garden, from a garden you get 32 APLS, so you gain a little every cycle.

That's the same as what valneq said with other words.

From memory i used santa ray fish farm to make artificial polluted water. Wich is the base for cultivating alien spore, bacteria, goo and other thing up to the alienated fertilizer

docbassie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by docbassie »

mmmPI wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:08 pm
That's where the trick lies. You got 32 APLS from one garden. Then one APLS has 3x1% chance of giving you back a garden.
This means from one garden you got 32x3=96% chance of getting a garden back. So overall you lose 4% of your garden at each cycle.
Yeah, that's what I found so weird about this setup, but I couldn't find the garden duplication process, so I just tried this..
Luckily I was just wrong :)
mmmPI wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:08 pm
From memory i used santa ray fish farm to make artificial polluted water. Wich is the base for cultivating alien spore, bacteria, goo and other thing up to the alienated fertilizer
ahh yes, thanks :)

Return to “Angels Mods”