Mining speed/rate/outpout, etc

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Rikkubeauty
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Mining speed/rate/outpout, etc

Post by Rikkubeauty »

Hello everybody!

First of all my apologies if what I'm going to ask has already been answered somewhere else, I promise I've looked around and found no clear response or any explanation that matches the problem I'm facing here.

So, I'd like to understand once and for all, HOW the output of a mining drill is calculated based on the mine field properties and drill ones.

So far I understand that the drill will harvest ONE of the tiles underneath at a random pace, and then extract (some) quantity of ore of it.

The mistery comes here, imagine I've placed a drill over a field with 1000% yeld per tile more or less. His mining speed is 0.5, expected ressources says ~70/s. But i'm getting something more like less than 1 per second.

This is what I don't get. How to fully exploit these rich, dense, high yeld ressource fields to the fullest ?

In advance, thanks for any help :)

Cheers

MageKing17
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Mining speed/rate/outpout, etc

Post by MageKing17 »

Infinite ore "rates" are all lies, because the code the game is using for that estimate was meant for liquids. Instead, at least using default settings, it produces ore at the same rate as regular finite ore until it drops below 100%, then the percentage becomes the percentage chance of each mining operation producing an ore.

Rikkubeauty
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Rikkubeauty »

Hey! Thanks for your answer!

I get the fact that "infinite" ore patches suffer from depletion, but I don't see the point. Like "this is an infinite fountain, but after one hour you get only one drop of water every minute." Totally useless.

Anyway, the thing is, even with a high yeld ore tiles I get less production than regular (finite) ore sources.

So, mistery is still out there.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

How low can it drop ?
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Rikkubeauty
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Rikkubeauty »

That's a value you can change in the mod parameters, but I've seen tiles get down to 20%.

The real question is why a mining drill fully powered (electricity and fluids) only give an ore per second (or less) when a classic drill on a basic ore patch gives waaaay more stuff.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

So like oil then ?
Does it still consume the same amount of mining fluids per second as when still 100%+ ?

Rikkubeauty
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Rikkubeauty »

Absolutely. It's 1 sulfuric acid, as an example, per mining operation.

Also another question, the ore yelds are given like, at 250%, but it's 250% of what ? like 2.5 times the basic ore production ? So why drills does not give an output rate of 2.5 ores /s at least ?

I can feel I'm missing some important point there, but my brain just don't want to point it out...

lormord
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by lormord »

Even though my mod parameters are locked at a minimum of 100 infinite ore value. All of my patches are sub ~10% after todays update. I'm burning 180k+ acid an hour and receiving 0.2 ore/sec with variations from 0.1 to 0.5 at times on bob's MK4 miners with a mining speed of 4.0. I'm crippled lol

Rikkubeauty
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Rikkubeauty »

I see I'm not the only one to struggle =)

My friend and I are just going to set the ore generation to the max and hope for it to last as long as possible.

If any of you come up with a solution to all this, that will be great !

thanks for your time guys !

Cheers

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Rikkubeauty wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:02 am
Also another question, the ore yelds are given like, at 250%, but it's 250% of what ? like 2.5 times the basic ore production ? So why drills does not give an output rate of 2.5 ores /s at least ?
MageKing17 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:46 pm
Infinite ore "rates" are all lies, because the code the game is using for that estimate was meant for liquids. Instead, at least using default settings, it produces ore at the same rate as regular finite ore until it drops below 100%, then the percentage becomes the percentage chance of each mining operation producing an ore.

Rikkubeauty
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Rikkubeauty »

yeah, I got that. Just wondering what's the point in ludicrous percentages of ores if there's no change in the end.

Some mod guru could work on that, and produce a real infinite resource mod as there is clearly a demand =)

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Well, Pyanodon's "special mines", while technically not infinite, seem like they might be close to what you're looking for ?

Rikkubeauty
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Rikkubeauty »

Never heard of that mod, will look into it but looks cool. Pretty much like Angels but in a different complexity.

Thanks for that, and all the rest.

Cheers

Return to “Angels Mods”