Can't smelt Iron / Copper ore in a furnace? 0.15

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

moenbase
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Can't smelt Iron / Copper ore in a furnace? 0.15

Post by moenbase »

Hello everyone,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but.... there's 2 questions I have:

1)
I've recently started playing with Angels and Bobs on patch 0.15
But I noticed that I can't smelt Iron Ore / Copper Ore to Iron or Copper using furnaces. Not even the starter ones.
It just says I can't use the item in there.
I can smelt the regular Sapherite and the other types of ore after they are crushed and all. And ofcourse that'll turn into Copper, Iron, Lead and all...

But seeing grayduster's youtube series I see him setting up the whole sorting factory and right after the Iron and Copper Ore comes out, he can use the mixing material furnace thing to select the recipe for smelting iron ore or copper ore into Iron and Copper.
For my game's furnaces the recipe doesn't show up.
Am I missing something? I seem to have downloaded all the Angel and Bob's mods that seems applicable for 0.15

I know he is playing in 0.16, which raises my next question:
When I launch the game in 0.16 I can't use or download the Angel or Bobs mods because the mod library in game tells me they are not up to date with 0.16 (?)
I see grayduster also has some different recipes for for example the ore refiner I believe. Which for him requires a set of Electric Motors and some other materials.
For me it just needs circuit boards, iron gear wheel and something else.

Hope someone can help me with these questions. Especially the first one. I'd like to smelt iron and copper ore again ^^

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Can't smelt Iron / Copper ore in a furnace? 1.15

Post by steinio »

Hi,

have you added the Angel's smelting patch (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/only-smelting)?
This mod disabels all early ore smelting like ore -> plate so you need to setup the processing chains with ingots and liquid metals.
You can remove it if you don't like it.

Graydust has probably installed AAI Industry (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/aai-industry)?
This mod adds several new intermediates like motor unit and electrical motor unit.

If you update to 0.16 (watch for the leading 0) you need to update the mods under the Mods menu.
There you click check for updates and all mods with yellow text have an update. Click update and they will be installed automatically.

Angels Components and Logistics have no update for 0.16 currently but there are some private updates available:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/angelslog ... 1024d772e5

Have fun.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

moenbase
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Can't smelt Iron / Copper ore in a furnace? 0.15

Post by moenbase »

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. I will check as soon as I am able to. 8-)

Jup, it solved the Iron Ore thingy :)
Think I will turn on the patch again to make it more harder and all.
And Grayduster uses the AAI Industry mod indeed. So that explains it.

I'll try the 1.16 versions later then. Thanks a lot!

Return to “Angels Mods”