How to get Used Cooling ? Plastic on 0.15v

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

zocx
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

How to get Used Cooling ? Plastic on 0.15v

Post by zocx »

I'm trying for 2 days already to make plastic and I can say is a lot of pain ... trying to check on the internet ( youtube/google / other websites ) but all information what I find is different then what is right now ... possible 0.15 have a lot of changes ... anyway I'm using Angel's Mods + Bob's Mods + AAI Mods ... and I'm searching everywhere where I can get the "Used Cooling" but the only one what I success to make is just "Cooling" but is not working the next step what "Used" please someone help me with this i am already getting crazy here ...

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: How to get Used Cooling ? Plastic on 0.15v

Post by kingarthur »

used coolant is a byproduct of using coolant for a recipe. the biggest recipes i know of that make used coolant are all later stages of the angels smelting.
maybe post a pic or something because something seems off as you shouldn't need used coolant to make plastic

zocx
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by zocx »

How i understand before i need to make Propene Gas, i have already "Methanol Gas" and i need "Steam" to can make "Synthesis Propene" but to make "Steam" i need "Used Coolant + Water" to can have output "Steam" I'm not sure if I'm going the right way this mod is very confusing ... i just need to use Methanol Gas to make plastics bar ...

I use Green Algar to make Cellulose Fiber and after Methanol Gas and from here i got stuck ...
Attachments
factorio1.jpg
factorio1.jpg (678.36 KiB) Viewed 4313 times

zocx
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by zocx »

Im trying to follow this https://i.redd.it/3jxn88luk52y.png

I have already Purified Water and Methanol Gas but i don't know how to go the next stage ... i cant find the next recipe and i make all upgrades ...

eformo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by eformo »

Steam is usually made by putting (plain, not purified) water into a boiler.... You might be overthinking this one. If you can't make steam that way, then you would need to detail the mods you're using to give more info.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

yes plain old steam boiler makes 60 steam /s

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

Angel adds an electric steam boiler for this kind of thing. It produces steam for cracking processes without the need to bring a fuel line through your petrochemical plants.

The steam obtained by cooling down coolant is a byproduct. It is not a practical method of obtaining steam for cracking processes. I would suggest that when you eventually have a use for coolant (which is primarily just used to make strand casting more material-efficient) you should simply run the steam byproduct into a steam boiler or just vent it with a flare stack.

Return to “Angels Mods”