Guide: Petrochemical Refining

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

Angel's Petrochem is one of the most complicated mods for Factorio that I'm aware of, and possibly one of the most complicated mods across all game platforms (for comparison, for those who are familiar with modded Minecraft, I find both GregTech and Rotarycraft simpler to comprehensively understand than Angel's Petrochem). So these guides will serve to break down the incredibly complex Petrochem processing chains and detail each process individually. The processes are very simple to understand on their own; what makes the mod so challenging is that there are a lot of processing chains.
About The Header Image
The guides for each process will be added as independent posts in this thread and linked below. This collection of guides is currently a Work In Progress.
Basic Petrochemicals
Organic Chemistry
Plastic Production
Other Processes
Last edited by septemberWaves on Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Guide: Petrochemical Refining

Post by septemberWaves »

Coal, Oil, & Natural Gas

Petrochem allows you to obtain petrochemicals from any hydrocarbon source. This means that, rather than just oil, you can use coal or natural gas as well (or as alternatives) to produce many of the same petrochemical products.

Multi-Phase Oil is obtained by putting a Pumpjack on an oil well - these are the same oil wells as the ones in the base game, but now they output Multi-Phase Oil instead of Crude Oil. Natural Gas is obtained by putting a Pumpjack on a gas well. These resemble oil wells, but have a somewhat greenish color.
Initial Processing of Oil
Initial Processing of Natural Gas
Coal Cracking to Petrochem Intermediates

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Guide: Petrochemical Refining

Post by foodfactorio »

[+]
thanks for this guide, ive only reached the basic Oil stage so far (Multi Phase Oil), and am storing all the Natural Gas i can find until i can upgrade some other things as always low on steel :) but heres what i have so far. (it is mostly like one of your guide sections, except the Sulfuric Waste Water is piped away off screen to the Hydro Plant area).
[/+]
[collapse]
(i tried to put this picture in a "+" section, so that it needs a click to view it, as didnt want it to look like part of your guide, just to show you and say thanks, but wasnt sure how to get the expanding "+" symbol, so made it a spoiler, which only shows it with a click :)
[/collapse]
my_basic_progress_so_far.png
my_basic_progress_so_far.png (7.53 MiB) Viewed 10194 times
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

Return to “Angels Mods”