How do you make mud?

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Warshed
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

How do you make mud?

Post by Warshed »

Ok I am using Factorio .15.18 experimental along with all of bob's mods and Angel's mods, and for the life of me I can't figure out HOW TO MAKE MUD. I have looked everywhere and it just not showing up under any production facility.

Warshed
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: How do you make mud?

Post by Warshed »

In other words you need mud and water as inputs into a liquifier plant to get the viscous mud water but I can't freaken make mud at all. Its driving me crazy. PLEASE how is mud made? When I mouse over it, it says Angel's Refining but I go through all the refining plants and no way to make mud.

catpig
Inserter
Inserter

Post by catpig »

The seafloor pump produces viscous mud water, which can then be further processed in washing plants.

Warshed
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Warshed »

Damn, the problem with the seafloor pump is it doesn't say what it produces at all, you look at it and it says nothing. I tried to use the seafloor pump but it didn't show anything.

Warshed
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Warshed »

Anyways thanks for the quick reply. You have been amazingly helpful and now I can continue my game.

catpig
Inserter
Inserter

Post by catpig »

No problem, I happened to run into the same problem and ended up checking every angel building ;)

Angel: Maybe the seafloor pump could be renamed to "seafloor mud pump" or "sea mud pump" or even just "mud pump"?

fractalman
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by fractalman »

catpig wrote:No problem, I happened to run into the same problem and ended up checking every angel building ;)

Angel: Maybe the seafloor pump could be renamed to "seafloor mud pump" or "sea mud pump" or even just "mud pump"?
^^
even though it was pretty obvious to me, I can see how people could miss that, and the search bar won't find it.

alficles
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by alficles »

I had the exact same search. Even google didn't help me much. And it doesn't come up with mods like "What's it really used for?" Definitely, definitely put "mud" somewhere in the name of that pump. "Seafloor Mud Pump" is my vote.

Sander_Bouwhuis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Sander_Bouwhuis »

This took me 2 hours of trying out with a friend I'm playing with. We were totally stumped by this problem.
Thanks for telling us about the seafloor pump. I would never have figured this out.

Arch666Angel : WE NEED WIKI/DOCU!!!!!!!

mtilsted
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mtilsted »

Sander_Bouwhuis wrote:This took me 2 hours of trying out with a friend I'm playing with. We were totally stumped by this problem.
Thanks for telling us about the seafloor pump. I would never have figured this out.

Arch666Angel : WE NEED WIKI/DOCU!!!!!!!
Personally I use this one:

https://factorio.rotol.me/pack/bobsangels-f15-normal/

Which describes products for bob and angels. Only problem is that it have not been updated for 0.16, so it is still the 0.15 recipies. So some of it is a bit dated(Aka wrong).

hewsmike
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by hewsmike »

Cripes! I've spent a day on this and the pump only does one thing and that's extract viscous mud water from a body of water. Thanks for this thread!
That is, if you want clay then you've got to begin with this mud water. Clay gives clay bricks and hence lots of handy machinery in ore management.

Return to “Angels Mods”