Infinite ores Vanilla generation like Resource Overhaul

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Infinite ores Vanilla generation like Resource Overhaul

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Infinite ores do not appears in the core of Vanilla-generated patches. I don't really understand why, but I imagine it has to do with either the vanilla ores overwriting the infinite ores, or there being no way to use the same seed for random generation for two ore types. If you generate the map with a lower "Size" setting, the patches stay where they are but shrink. I assume that you are unable to do something like this for some reason and let the core of the deposit be infinite via having a smaller size, but the same frequency, and whatever richness.

Thinking of how to do it manually on chunk generation (or somewhat later), heres what I have.

On chunk generation, find any ore in that chunk. Trace the whole thing (like YARM does). If you hit the edge of a chunk and the adjacent chunk isn't loaded, ignore it, (Unless its intentionally black because limited map)

Use "Math" to determine which patches should be converted, based on some method. Smallest + 80% of difference between smallest and largest richness of patches, anything about is Infinite. Or, anything about x value, so larger patches, which are also deeper, would be converted (based on map gen richness too to avoid distortion) Or, distance to edge of patch/highest density tile

Ignore chunks in starting area so they can be cleared.

Never messed with resource patches before, but It feels like it should work, at least for a initial implementation.

I like the infinite cores, but I don't like Resource Overhaul.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Infinite ores Vanilla generation like Resource Overhaul

Post by Ranakastrasz »

This is what I have so far. Its just a start. Need to figure out how to look into other chunks, differentiate between various ore types
right now its

On Chunk Generation
Find all ores, count total amount, maximum and minimum quantities in chunk
Get Average
Determine threshold, (min + (max-min)*80%)
Go over ore again, anything above threshold is deleted and recreated as infinite.

Its kinda works, but acts weird around chunk borders and especially in chunks with multiple types of ore. Also doesn't seem to effect some patches randomly, not sure why.
Attachments
angelsinfiniteores_0.6.10 (2).zip
(14.95 MiB) Downloaded 66 times
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Return to “Angels Mods”