Minimal mod-config for Angel's Smelting: Game doesn't load

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Creat
Inserter
Inserter

Minimal mod-config for Angel's Smelting: Game doesn't load

Post by Creat »

Hello!

I wanted to play a mostly-vanilla game, but have the additional pre-processing of ores from Angel's Smelting enabled. Since that requires petrochem and a few of bobs mods, I have of course enabled those. I don't really know if the resulting game is what I'm looking for, but when I assemble a minimal configuration of mods, the game no longer even loads. Error is attached as screenshot.
If I just click "restart" the error remains the same, but the mods to be disabled expand to include not just Angel's Refining, but also smelting and/or petrochem depending on factorio's mood as far as I can tell(those are then listed twice, for some reason).

I have also attached my mod-list.json, but for convenience and readability, these are the mods that I have enabled (all of them, even the seemingly unrelated ones):
  • Angel's Infinite Ores
  • Angel's PetroChem (needed for ange's smelting)
  • Angel's Refining
  • Angel's Smelting
  • Autofill
  • BaseMod (duh!)
  • Bob's inserters
  • Bob's Library
  • Bob's Metals, ... ("bobplates", which is needed for angel's smelting)
  • Bottleneck
  • BurnerLeech A15
  • Even Distribution
  • EvoGUI
  • HelMod
  • Laser Beam Turrets
  • Loader Snapping
  • Picker Extended (Having this enabled makes the error message worse/more complicated, when it's disabled the error looks like the attached screenshot)
  • Squeak Through
  • Vehicle Snap
  • Warehousing Mod
  • YARM
  • add-loader-u15
Attachments
mod-list.json
(3.92 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
Factorio Start Error.png
Factorio Start Error.png (19.55 KiB) Viewed 2006 times

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Minimal mod-config for Angel's Smelting: Game doesn't load

Post by septemberWaves »

You need Bob's Electronics.

Creat
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Creat »

eloquentJane wrote:You need Bob's Electronics.
Yes, I thought I might from the error message.
The main reason for this report is that this isn't specified as a dependency (neither optional nor a required one).

What I don't quite understand is why though, from what I've seen of the Smelting, it's not exactly doing a lot with the electronics (except as components), so it might well be an oversight where the corresponding "vanilla-recipe" is missing (using vanilla green/red/blue circuits instead of bobs). For the game I was planning on playing that definitely doesn't count as "vanilla-ish with smelting" anymore though, so that would mean I'd have to make due without smelting.

In any case, a clearly required dependency isn't listed, but with a bit of luck it'll be reduced to an optional one now :D

Creat
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Creat »

I know Smelting is still in beta, can/will it be adjusted so it doesn't need Bob's Electronics eventually?
Especially considering it doesn't have an actual dependency on it, it seems like it's not intended to be like this forever?

If someone could give me a pointer or two on how to do this, I'd gladly edit the files to remove the dependency myself ;)

Return to “Angels Mods”