Angels logistics

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

rufus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Angels logistics

Post by rufus »

Just some questions:
1. is it normal that those cargo robots go freaking slow.
2. Is there a research to make them faster.
3. It it normal that if you request like 200 of one item and you have 0 items in the requestor chest that only 1 robot leaves the port? Even when you have more available doing nothing.

If it is normal and the answer to 2 is no what is the use then of this mod?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Angels logistics

Post by Arch666Angel »

viewtopic.php?f=185&t=40654
-Cargo Bots (slow but can carry a whole stack of items (200 units))

rufus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by rufus »

Ok cool wil see if it works.

Amyclas
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Amyclas »

I find a speed of 0.01 downright painful to watch, even if it is moving whole stacks at a time.

I'm editing it to bring it in line with existing Bob-drones while massively increasing the power consumption to compensate, and also adding electric engines to increase the cost of building them. I've no idea how to make Bob circuits a requirement without screwing it up. I'd have better luck just increasing the Bob drones capacity. But I like the concept and resources of Angels logistics.

Normal Bob-drones consume power at a somewhat similar rate to modern hobby drones. But since we're moving whole stacks, I'll give it a power consumption in line with that of a light commercial helicopter - about 200 KW. The regular Mk4 Bob drones only use 5 KW when moving.

I'm also going to Buff my angels roboport to compensate for the increased charging needs. I'll post if this experiment works.

I don't really like trains, so I see my cargo drones as a way to move massive amounts of raw materials around without a train system. They probably use more power than the fuel that they can transport though...

Edit:

200KW drones are overkill because they have to store hundreds or thousands of MJ... which means MJ charging units. The cargo drone is not a helicopter... Maybe if I balance it with real heavy drones, I'll get more satisfying numbers...

Edit: there aren't any real drones that run around in the 100kg payload range. Ultra-light helicopters are the way to go. They have powerplants as small as 60kw.

pezzawinkle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by pezzawinkle »

is there a plan to "fix" the loaders issue? and just as important, is there a plan to add more tiers to work with the faster belts? (or does the big one have a stupid speed to compensate already?)

Thanks for still working on things while we wait for the earthquake that will be 0.15...

Return to “Angels Mods”