No-bobs: Question about total ore->plates and sulur ratios

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Gust
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

No-bobs: Question about total ore->plates and sulur ratios

Post by Gust »

Hi!
I tried to search for the answer but could nor find it.
So, I am using vanilla+Angel's+UP+Yuoki's.
Everything is refined to final (purified) state before being sorted or smelted.

1. How much final ore (i.e. iron+copper+modded ones) is created from 1 initial Angel's ore? Considering full refinement.
2. How much sulfur is generated (net) via full refinement process? The question, really, is if I have to craft additional sulfur from oil or I can live without it completely? My experiments produced mixed results, but there seems to be not enough sulfur.
Thanks.

Rue99
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: No-bobs: Question about total ore->plates and sulur ratios

Post by Rue99 »

Sorting individual crystals gives 9 ore (though if you're using mods like Uranium Power, it can be 10 in order to support its unique materials (Uranite and Fluorite).

You can easily drown in Sulfur. There are some caveats to that; if you toggle the acid trigger, not all hydro refining lines will produce Sulfuric waste water. However, there are two alternative, potentially high volume sources of Sulfur outside the ore refining process itself. The first is clean coal to coke, which generates 5 sulfuric waste per 4 second cycle, and the second is coal cracking gasification, which produces 5 hydrogen sulfide per 4 second cycle (react it with oxygen to create 3 sulfur per cycle).

I prefer either of those; one of the issues I've encountered is that if your refining lines back up, you lose your Sulfur source, and it's easy to miss it happening until you've crashed your stocks. It's not crippling of course; merely inconvenient.

fractalman
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by fractalman »

Personally, I get sulfur primarily from slag-processing. You need a little bit of sulfur to get it started (e.g. from floatation), but it returns a ridiculous amount, enough to easily fill entire silos/warehouses up.

Gust
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Gust »

fractalman wrote:Personally, I get sulfur primarily from slag-processing. You need a little bit of sulfur to get it started (e.g. from floatation), but it returns a ridiculous amount, enough to easily fill entire silos/warehouses up.
I refine my ores to the very end - no slags are produced. Also, the fact that slag slurry does not require any liquid seems to be a bug, so I got additional mod to correct this (it now needs 0.5 acid which balances sulfur production).

Actually, I think I found the reason of my problem with sulfur. When you refine Angel's ores, floatation takes water and gives yellow water back, 100% of which is consumed on next refinining step (after you convert it to acid back). But when you refine vanilla ore via floatation (copper or iron) there is no yellow water in result. But at the same time next refinement step for vanilla ore still requires sulfur. So, the balance is compromised. I may just add the waste water back to all floatation recipies, but my base will not be able to support it - I left no space for such change.

fractalman
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by fractalman »

Gust wrote:
fractalman wrote:Personally, I get sulfur primarily from slag-processing. You need a little bit of sulfur to get it started (e.g. from floatation), but it returns a ridiculous amount, enough to easily fill entire silos/warehouses up.
I refine my ores to the very end - no slags are produced. Also, the fact that slag slurry does not require any liquid seems to be a bug, so I got additional mod to correct this (it now needs 0.5 acid which balances sulfur production).

Actually, I think I found the reason of my problem with sulfur. When you refine Angel's ores, floatation takes water and gives yellow water back, 100% of which is consumed on next refinining step (after you convert it to acid back). But when you refine vanilla ore via floatation (copper or iron) there is no yellow water in result. But at the same time next refinement step for vanilla ore still requires sulfur. So, the balance is compromised. I may just add the waste water back to all floatation recipies, but my base will not be able to support it - I left no space for such change.
I get lots of slag from dirt-water electrolysis.

Return to “Angels Mods”