Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Light »

kenzierocks wrote:I can't tell if this is a problem with the Smelting mod itself or a conflict with something else, but the blast furnace MK1 requires steel:
Blast Furnace Recipe
But making steel requires molten steel, and making molten steel requires steel ingots, and making steel ingots requires iron ingots, and making iron ingots requires a blast furnace! My mods are below:
Mods
I hate to be that guy, but this isn't a problem given the Blast Furnace has always been more expensive, but why can't you be bothered to make 10 steel in a stone furnace?
The Mk2 requires Aluminum plates and Electronic Circuit Boards which is a much greater leap over the other Mk2 buildings, but isn't that big a deal either.

kenzierocks
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kenzierocks »

Light wrote: I hate to be that guy, but this isn't a problem given the Blast Furnace has always been more expensive, but why can't you be bothered to make 10 steel in a stone furnace?
The Mk2 requires Aluminum plates and Electronic Circuit Boards which is a much greater leap over the other Mk2 buildings, but isn't that big a deal either.
For some reason I totally missed that steel plates recipe, I thought it might have been disabled in favor of the more expensive one. Thanks!

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

kenzierocks wrote:
Light wrote: I hate to be that guy, but this isn't a problem given the Blast Furnace has always been more expensive, but why can't you be bothered to make 10 steel in a stone furnace?
For some reason I totally missed that steel plates recipe, I thought it might have been disabled in favor of the more expensive one. Thanks!
Smelting is just a method to get more plates from your ores than you typically would, they're entirely optional as all standard methods work just as well. It's preferable in the mid-late game when resources are less abundant but far along to afford the rather expensive construction costs it will ultimately require.

Later you'll need the standard method for tungsten as you'll require tungsten powders for copper-tungsten plates, since the smelting mod only creates standard tungsten plates.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

also when you hit higher tier smelter and prod moduls the standard method gives more plate per ore.

Breith
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Breith »

Well... Make steel from a regular furnace?
I do not see any issue with that. It's similar for some of the Electronic assembly machine with Bob's Mod: you need advanced electronic component above what the previous level of electronic assembly machine can make. You need to use a regular assembly machine (or your hands) to make the first few electronic assembly machine.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

@ Angel you should merge the flourite you can produce if you have uranium power with the florite-ore you need for hydrofloric acid.

Gust
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Gust »

Hi! It seems that the issue with "cleaning ceramic filter" recipe being extreemly inefficient in non-bob version stays unsolved. I've seen this being discussed in this topic back in June.

Details:
Ceramic filter can be used only 5 times (it costs 6 iron to produce) and it provides only 2 iron and 2 copper in return, from slag slurry.
Can any1 advise, how it can be fixed manually? As I understand, I may try to correct the lua file in "recipies" folder. Both technical help and balance proposals are welcome.
Imho, recipe should require water for cleaning, but produce 100% of filter back.

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

In Angel's refining, there's a few hard references to Bob's "Basic-circuit-board" that cause a load error (Error in AssignID) when Bob's Electronics is disabled. So either Angel's Refining needs Bob's Electronics as a hard requirement, or Angel's refining needs a few items updated:

Code: Select all

angelsrefining_0.4.5/prototypes/recipes/angels-refining-entity.lua:293: {"basic-circuit-board", 5},
angelsrefining_0.4.5/prototypes/recipes/bob-refining-entity.lua:215:    {"basic-circuit-board", 5},
angelsrefining_0.4.5/prototypes/recipes/bob-refining-entity.lua:347:    {"basic-circuit-board", 5},
In other places in these files, i noticed it just asks for the vanilla 'electronic circuit'. Would probably be most consistent to change these three to that as well, and let Bob's updates script change that to his circuit if that mod is active :)
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

POPISowyNumer
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by POPISowyNumer »

Is there any way to erase infinite ores that are slowly getting in way of my base sprawl?

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

POPISowyNumer wrote:Is there any way to erase infinite ores that are slowly getting in way of my base sprawl?
remove miners and build over it?

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

POPISowyNumer wrote:Is there any way to erase infinite ores that are slowly getting in way of my base sprawl?
there is nothing blocking you from building on top of ore patch.

also there is mod (toggle) to disable infinite ores (which i like, because i find infinite ores ridiculous), so you will not be bothered with them at all.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

mexmer wrote:

also there is mod (toggle) to disable infinite ores (which i like, because i find infinite ores ridiculous), so you will not be bothered with them at all.
Not in my mods themselves, but there is another mod that has this feature: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/binbinhfr/MiningTools

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Arch666Angel wrote:
mexmer wrote:

Not in my mods themselves, but there is another mod that has this feature: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/binbinhfr/MiningTools
i did mean this one https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Arch666A ... finiteores

but for removing existing patches from already runing game, there are few tool mods also.

ManderMan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ManderMan »

So I'm having an Issue with Waste Water, Not sure if it's a bug though. My Clarifier is not voiding the Chloric and Fluoric Waste Water you get from Flotation Cell. I'm Not sure if this is intended or not. Is there a work around for this or how do i fix it? My Redit Post Suggests that it is a bug

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

ManderMan wrote:So I'm having an Issue with Waste Water, Not sure if it's a bug though. My Clarifier is not voiding the Chloric and Fluoric Waste Water you get from Flotation Cell. I'm Not sure if this is intended or not. Is there a work around for this or how do i fix it? My Redit Post Suggests that it is a bug
Did you add in Petrochem after you started the map? The clarifier might be a bug, I dont remember currently when I added the clarifier recipes.

ManderMan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ManderMan »

Arch666Angel wrote:
ManderMan wrote:So I'm having an Issue with Waste Water, Not sure if it's a bug though. My Clarifier is not voiding the Chloric and Fluoric Waste Water you get from Flotation Cell. I'm Not sure if this is intended or not. Is there a work around for this or how do i fix it? My Redit Post Suggests that it is a bug
Did you add in Petrochem after you started the map? The clarifier might be a bug, I dont remember currently when I added the clarifier recipes.
Yeah added Petrochem after I started the map, the Hydro Plant is missing some recipes as well, is there a way to fix it with out starting over?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

ManderMan wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:
Yeah added Petrochem after I started the map, the Hydro Plant is missing some recipes as well, is there a way to fix it with out starting over?
You can try resetting recipes and technologies by hand, but if you already researched it then you might need to re-research the technology or force enable the recipes.

This will reset recipes and technologies
/c game.player.force.reset_recipes()
/c game.player.force.reset_technologies()

This will disable/enable the technology
/c game.player.force.technologies["water-treatment"].researched = false
/c game.player.force.technologies["water-treatment"].researched = true

ManderMan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ManderMan »

Arch666Angel wrote:
ManderMan wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:
You can try resetting recipes and technologies by hand, but if you already researched it then you might need to re-research the technology or force enable the recipes.

This will reset recipes and technologies
/c game.player.force.reset_recipes()
/c game.player.force.reset_technologies()

This will disable/enable the technology
/c game.player.force.technologies["water-treatment"].researched = false
/c game.player.force.technologies["water-treatment"].researched = true

looks like the
"/c game.player.force.technologies["water-treatment"].researched = false
/c game.player.force.technologies["water-treatment"].researched = true"
commands got it to work.
Thank you much.

masneoquil
Inserter
Inserter

Post by masneoquil »

Hello Guys

I'm having a little issue with the 2 way fluid splitter.
I'm trying to split molten copper but it is not working. I don't know if I did something wrong, it is not working because it is still in alpha o I just can't.

Here it is the setup:
Splitter.jpg
Splitter.jpg (1009.07 KiB) Viewed 6751 times
Thanks for any help

Matias

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Error with angel's bio processing 0.2.0
File with mod list is attached