Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Aphrodite
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Aphrodite »

Hello,

I just updated my mods after playing in the same map for a couple weeks and I'm getting this error when I load mods:

Please help! I'm sick and just trying to chill and play games ><
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (44.56 KiB) Viewed 2320 times

Aphrodite
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Aphrodite »

I've rolled back the mods that were listed, but that doesn't seem to be the cause of the issue.

I'm familiar with modding and scripting, so I'm willing to manually fix the issue, I just don't know where to look. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it. As it stands now, I need to restart my 110+ hour map, or go forward without Angel's bioprocessing which I rather like and have extensively used.

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

Aphrodite wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:29 pm
I've rolled back the mods that were listed, but that doesn't seem to be the cause of the issue.

I'm familiar with modding and scripting, so I'm willing to manually fix the issue, I just don't know where to look. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it. As it stands now, I need to restart my 110+ hour map, or go forward without Angel's bioprocessing which I rather like and have extensively used.
Pointing you in the right direction, until we get it fixed properly!
https://github.com/Arch666Angel/mods/pull/954
Dev for Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Helmod, Sea Block, Circuit Processing, Science Cost Tweaker.

Buy me a coffee

Anachrony
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Anachrony »

This bug started showing up with the latest update to Angel's Refining. It reproduces with Transport Drones and Angel's Refining and no other mods:
transportdrone.png
transportdrone.png (132.3 KiB) Viewed 2268 times

NocAnthar
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Bug: Conflict between Angel's refining and transport drones

Post by NocAnthar »

There seems to be a compatibility issue between Angel's Refining and Transport Drones. Both mods are featured together in the Nullius Maximus modpack. The Angel's mod in question was narrowed down by disabling them one by one and checking if the error message reproduced or not. The following error message kept popping up until I disabled Angel's refining, though this was the last one in the list to disable.

ARADPLAUG
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ARADPLAUG »

ikkiG wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:51 pm
yep, found the line
Screenshot 2023-12-23 at 23.47.23.png
a quick local edit seems to have temporarily resolved the conflict tho its probably better to wait until they do a proper update. thx!
What edit did you make, exactly? I've got the same problem but I'm not too familiar with Factorio scripting

ikkiG
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ikkiG »

I just changed it to sodium-processing-2 so its in-line with the recent update to tech tree. Its in /mods/Clowns-Processing_1.3.21/prototypes/technology-updates.lua, line 35. I had to do a bunch of different fixes yesterday but I think this was all it took for this conflict specifically.

ARADPLAUG
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ARADPLAUG »

Thank you comrade, worked like a charm

ABC12345678912
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ABC12345678912 »

I Updated my mods a couple days back and could no longer load a couple of angels mods. I posted an issue report over on github 3 days ago without results so I'm trying my luck here. whenever I load factorio with Angel's refining and Angel's smelting the following error appears:
screenshot2.png
screenshot2.png (27.93 KiB) Viewed 1991 times

after deactivating Angel's smelting, this error message appears:
screenshot3.png
screenshot3.png (20.59 KiB) Viewed 1991 times

I've done some experimenting today, and have found that I cannot load refining without also loading smelting, and that these and somehow petrochem are the only angel's mods involved(I'd assume petrochem is in that list because smelting seems to require it, as the error message leads to a technology in petrochem, even though the source(whatever that means, I only started learning lua today afterall) is in smelting). I've tried deleting and redownloading all the angel's mods, but that hasn't worked.

Unfortunately, I can't even be sure which mods I updated as, there were more than 30 in that list, but all I know is that Angel's mods and one other unrelated mod are all thats breaking. if you need a list of all the mods I had downloaded, check https://github.com/Arch666Angel/mods/issues/956 where I painstakingly wrote each and everyone back on Christmas day.

Haless
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Haless »

Hello, to fix this recent update I downloaded all my angel mods from 11 months ago. Now the game loaded normally.

ABC12345678912
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ABC12345678912 »

Thanks, that did the job. I didn't know how to do that before today, or that it even could be done.

BinarySpike
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BinarySpike »

KiwiHawk wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:52 pm
> I found the culprit. The mod Blueprint Variables must add something in that causes an issue in Angels. I'll remove it and move on for now.
>
> https://mods.factorio.com/mod/blueprint-variables
This was fixed in one of the last couple updates of Blueprint Variables.

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

ABC12345678912 wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:45 pm
I Updated my mods a couple days back and could no longer load a couple of angels mods. I posted an issue report over on github 3 days ago without results so I'm trying my luck here. whenever I load factorio with Angel's refining and Angel's smelting the following error appears:screenshot2.png.

after deactivating Angel's smelting, this error message appears:screenshot3.png.
This has been fixed in the latest versions of Angel's and MadClown's mods.
Dev for Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Helmod, Sea Block, Circuit Processing, Science Cost Tweaker.

Buy me a coffee

delarson5000
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Alien artifact research

Post by delarson5000 »

I am trying to research "Alien artifact (acidic)" and can't seem to make anything happen. I do not have an Alien lab yet and thought that this was one of the steps to get there.

I have 119 "Small alien artifact (acidic)" items in my bag. The science says it needs 50 @ 30 seconds per lab. I cannot insert the items into my normal labs and appear to need the science to take a step toward making an alien lab which I doubt will accept these items.

How do I get this done?

I don't know whether this is an issue with bobs enemies or angel's bioprocessing so I have posted this twice.

delarson5000
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by delarson5000 »

Nevermind, I just knocked out the angel's exploration mod and the problem is gone.

Spacey42
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Alien artifacts logistics request

Post by Spacey42 »

With Bob's enemies and Angel's bio processing installed, I cannot create a logistics request for the small alien artifacts that the biters drop. When I disable Angel's bio processing (which incidentally moves alien artifacts from the bioprocessing animalis tab to the intermediate products tab) I can then set requests for the small alien artifacts.
Last edited by Spacey42 on Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Alien artifacts logistics request

Post by lovely_santa »

Spacey42 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:07 pm
With Bob's enemies and Angel's bio processing installed, I cannot create a logistics request for the small alien artifacts that the biters drop. When I disable Angel's bio processing (which incidentally moves alien artifacts from the bioprocessing animalis tab to the intermediate products tab) I can then set requests for the small alien artifacts.
Does this still occur with the latest release?
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

Spacey42
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Spacey42 »

lovely_santa wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:02 pm
Spacey42 wrote:
Yes, Angel's bioprocessing 0.7.27 and Bob's enemies 1.2.0 there's still no selection for the small artifacts. Thanks for pointing out that there was an update.

Spacey42
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Spacey42 »

Spacey42 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:18 pm
lovely_santa wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:02 pm
Spacey42 wrote:
Yes, Angel's bioprocessing 0.7.27 and Bob's enemies 1.2.0 there's still no selection for the small artifacts. Thanks for pointing out that there was an update.
Ok, it's hidden behind research. You might have *checks logistics* 43000 of the artifacts in your logistics network, but you can't create a request until after alien microbe processing 3 research is complete.

Failok
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Alien artifact research

Post by Failok »

In which laboratory should small "Alien artifact" be invested in order for the technology to be studied?

Return to “Angels Mods”