Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

AmyNicole8715
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by AmyNicole8715 »

Seems to be a bug I can only assume with Angel's Petrochem that prevents that recipe for sulfur from the combination of purified water and methane from properly showing up in the associated chemical plants. Image

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

AmyNicole8715 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:35 pm
Seems to be a bug I can only assume with Angel's Petrochem that prevents that recipe for sulfur from the combination of purified water and methane from properly showing up in the associated chemical plants. Image
No, it's not a bug. This recipe has deliberately been hidden. Untick "Show hidden recipes" in FNEI's settings to hide these recipes that you will never get access to. They have a grey title in FNEI.
Dev for Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Helmod, Sea Block, Circuit Processing, Science Cost Tweaker.

Buy me a coffee

Normal69
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Normal69 »

KiwiHawk wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:27 pm
You are creating a mod pack. This is a mod, even if it's very empty. Make sure you have all your dependencies set in the .json file. This will make your mod load after.

Create a new file data.lua . Put this code in it:

Code: Select all

angelsmods.trigger.washing_tech = true
This is a really good clue! (Update: it works!)
Thanks.

I've went to look at the insides of a compatibility mod, and will look at some more.
I suppose beside the

changelog.txt, info.json, thumbnail.png
(which I've used to spread the infection of existence of my previous modpacks) all files with

.lua
extension will be automatically used,
or maybe the

data-final-fixes.lua, data-updates.lua, data.lua
enables a "read all in with

data*.lua
mask", and the subnames are for information only?

I'll research that, while you may be having time to give your wisdom again. :)

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

The lua files must have those exact names. To keep your code organized, you can split it out into multiple files then use require statements in data.lua (for example) to execute the code in the other files.

The Factorio data lifecycle is explained here: https://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/aux ... cycle.html
Dev for Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Helmod, Sea Block, Circuit Processing, Science Cost Tweaker.

Buy me a coffee

Normal69
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Normal69 »

I wonder if it's a typo?

angelssmelting_0.6.21.zip\angelssmelting_0.6.21\data.lua:

--create all the tables for smelting triggers ---------------------------------
angelsmods.trigger.smelting_molds = false
angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products = angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products or {}
angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["enable-all"] = false -- setting to override and enable everything (debug mode)
angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["brass"] = angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["brass"] or {}
angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["bronze"] = angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["bronze"] or {}
angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["cobalt-steel"] = angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["cobalt-steel"] or {}
angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["gunmetal"] = angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["gunmetal"] or {}
angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["invar"] = angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["invar"] or {}
angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["nitinol"] = angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["nitinol"] or {}
angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["solder"] = angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["solder"] or {}
angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["steel"] = angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["copper"] or {}
angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["aluminium"] = angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["aluminium"] or {}
angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["chrome"] = angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["chrome"] or {}
angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["cobalt"] = angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["cobalt"] or {}
angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["copper"] = angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["copper"] or {}
angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["glass"] = angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["glass"] or {}
angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["gold"] = angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["gold"] or {}
angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["iron"] = angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["iron"] or {}
angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["lead"] = angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["lead"] or {}
angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["manganese"] = angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["manganese"] or {}
angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["nickel"] = angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["nickel"] or {}
angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["platinum"] = angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["platinum"] or {}
angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["silicon"] = angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["silicon"] or {}
angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["silver"] = angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["silver"] or {}
angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["stone"] = angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["stone"] or {}
angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["tin"] = angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["tin"] or {}
angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["titanium"] = angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["titanium"] or {}
angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["tungsten"] = angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["tungsten"] or {}
angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["zinc"] = angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["zinc"] or {}

Normal69
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Normal69 »

KiwiHawk wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:57 pm
The lua files must have those exact names. To keep your code organized, you can split it out into multiple files then use require statements in data.lua (for example) to execute the code in the other files.

The Factorio data lifecycle is explained here: https://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/aux ... cycle.html
Marvellous, thank you!

I'm trying to get Angel's Smelting not to require Angel's Petrochemical processing.
I'd really like those induction smelter recipe-chains to work in a Krastorio 2 environment, where making steel is just one recipe (boring).
Making ingots melt, then roll up into a sheet and cut it to plates is beautiful - research making this always one more step deep.

That setting worked in this minimod you've helped: mud processing is working all right!

Plus there is one kind of recipe I'd like to remove: 2 iron|copper ores simply smelting into 3 plates in any furnace after ore crushing is researched.

These are the specifics I wish for after trying out 4 tech mods beside Krastorio 2.
Angel's working with metals still the best.

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

Normal69 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:34 pm
I wonder if it's a typo?

angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["steel"] = angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["copper"] or {}
Yes, that does look wrong. I'll get that fixed. Good spotting!

Buy me a coffee

Normal69
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Normal69 »

KiwiHawk wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:28 pm
Normal69 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:34 pm
I wonder if it's a typo?

Yes, that does look wrong. I'll get that fixed. Good spotting!
Thanks. Trying to find the right trigger which doesn't gets activated unless Petrochem is in, and thought it's nice to be actually on topic sometimes. :)

Looked at mod-detection, ore enabler triggers, actual steel-alloy enabler trigger, in all three mods (petrochem, refining, smelting) - with no success yet, but I'm stubborn.
Meanwhile checking the page you've linked about data lifecycle, naming conventions, and lua load order.

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

I've fixed the trigger.
Normal69 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:15 pm
Thanks. Trying to find the right trigger which doesn't gets activated unless Petrochem is in, and thought it's nice to be actually on topic sometimes. :)
Smelting depends on Petrochem mod so if Petrochem isn't enabled, none of the Smelting triggers even exist!
Normal69 wrote:
Looked at mod-detection, ore enabler triggers, actual steel-alloy enabler trigger, in all three mods (petrochem, refining, smelting) - with no success yet, but I'm stubborn.
Not sure what you're trying to do sorry 🤔

Buy me a coffee

Normal69
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Normal69 »

KiwiHawk wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:13 am
I've fixed the trigger.
Nicely done.
KiwiHawk wrote:
Normal69 wrote:
Smelting depends on Petrochem mod so if Petrochem isn't enabled, none of the Smelting triggers even exist!
That's why I'm trying to define them by error and trial. :D
KiwiHawk wrote:
Normal69 wrote:
Not sure what you're trying to do sorry 🤔
No problem, if you interested I try to clarify it.

I liked certain things a lot in Seablock, which I'm trying to incorporate:
-muddy water filtering for geodes creating resources - works with a few unused byproducts, like clay bricks for Angel's Smeling machines
-sorting, and processing Angel's ores stiratite to iron and copper and such - instead I got the same ore sorted to 3 different results: nuggets, ores, and little balls
-even the Angel's Bioprocessing: algae-groving, agricultural and biter farming - that's sadly inoperable without Angels's Petrochem

I definitely haven't liked:
-Angel's Petrochem is changing too much to be compatible with other mods - I wish for a setting which keeps the feel of the recipes, but uses vanilla fluids and gases
-Bob's Smelting with the myriad new metals - altough I like very much the processing recipes, and the machine types
-Bob's Electronics
-Bob's Tech - beside not liking it, the same as Petrochem, changes too much to be compatible

Bob's Library seems extremely useful - is it working standalone, I wonder?

I'm going for a seablock-ish feeling where you begin with limited resources on your small peacaful island, and preferably find other hostile ones for more resources, ruins and building areas.
I'd be happy if biter-killing would result in some form of loot or resource.

What am I doing obvoiusly wrong?
Looking inside the files to find more of these kinds of triggers which would enable the pleasing parts of the mods - I have a small chance of success.
Of course doing it sporadically, beside tweaking the setting of the other mods.

A short recap I definitely wouldn't advise to watch is uploading right now to my small and novice channel.
It's a musical: https://youtu.be/5ARx8ULdl_4?list=PLIma ... EGvscONW9M
Last edited by Normal69 on Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

Yes, you can use Bob's Library on it's own without any of the other Bob's mods. Almost all of Bob's mods are completely modular. So just enable the ones that you like. The exception is that Metals, Chemicals, and Intermediates depends on Ores.

Buy me a coffee

Normal69
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Normal69 »

KiwiHawk wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:20 am
Yes, you can use Bob's Library on it's own without any of the other Bob's mods. Almost all of Bob's mods are completely modular. So just enable the ones that you like. The exception is that Metals, Chemicals, and Intermediates depends on Ores.
Then Bob's Library is my second favourite of his. First is Inserters.

My problem is that I rather won't like the new ores, like tin, lead, silver, gold and such.
I'm not a fan of Gregtech either. ;)
Now without those buildings I don't see much use for clay, limestone, and especially that washed sand I so nicely detail in the beginning of the above musical. ;(

Meaningless recipes as much as pricle my perfection (pun intended), but I'm hiding all the research behind half of the prerequistes needed to see the research at all.

Thank you for your communication, I find it fruitful.
Going to catch a long dreamful sleep, same for you when it comes.

AngledLuffa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AngledLuffa »

I'm getting quite a few "Something Went Wrong" when using FNEI to look up usages of various crushed ores. For example,

Jivolite Chunks 7/7
1 Crystal catalyst, 2x Saphirite chunks, 2x Jivolite chunks -> 1x Something went wrong

I can report a few others, if relevant.

I currently have the following mods, all updated to the current version as of Nov. 24, 2023, and Factorio 1.1.98

Alien Biomes
Alien Biomes High-Res Terrain
Angel's Addons
Angel's Bioprocessing
Angel's Exploration (BETA)
Angel's Industries
Angel's Infinite Ores
Angel's Petrochemical Processing
Angel's Refining
Angel's Smelting
Artisanal Reskins: Angel's Mods
Artisanal Reskins: Bob's Mods
Artisanal Reskins: Compatibility
Artisanal Reskins: Library
Bob's Adjustable Inserters mod
Bob's Assembling machines mod
Bob's Electronics mod
Bob's Enemies mod
Bob's Functions Library mod
Bob's Logistics mod
Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates mod
Bob's Mining mod
Bob's Modules mod
Bob's Ores mod
Bob's Personal Equipment mod
Bob's Power mod
Bob's Revamp mod
Bob's Technology mod
Bob's Warfare mod
Bottleneck
Circuit Processing
Explosive Excavation
Factorio Library
Factorio Standard Library
FNEI
Helmod: Assistant for planning your factory
Infinite Laboratory Speed
KS Power
Landfill Painting
Milestones
Picker Dollies
Resource Spawner Overhaul
Squeak Through

Incidentally, if there's a way to list all that without typing, I would love to hear about it for the next time.

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

AngledLuffa wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:40 am
I'm getting quite a few "Something Went Wrong" when using FNEI to look up usages of various crushed ores.
Sounds like everything is working as expected. In FNEI's settings, untick "Show hidden recipes". These are recipes that you will never get access to. If you're still seeing "Something Went Wrong" after doing that, then please let us know!
AngledLuffa wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:40 am
Incidentally, if there's a way to list all that without typing, I would love to hear about it for the next time.
  1. Create a new game
  2. Check that the issue exists
  3. Save the game
  4. Upload the save file
As it's a brand new game, the save file should be small. We can then sync to the save file to automatically enable all the same mods, at the same versions, and with the same settings enabled.

Buy me a coffee

Gandamir
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Gandamir »

I'm getting back into Factorio and want to do a Bobs/Angels run. But Angels Refining throws up the following error during startup:

Does anyone know of a fix?

vjbone
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by vjbone »

Gandamir wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:53 pm
I'm getting back into Factorio and want to do a Bobs/Angels run. But Angels Refining throws up the following error during startup:

1. Create a new game
  2. Check that the issue exists
  3. Save the game
  4. Upload the save file
As it's a brand new game, the save file should be small. We can then sync to the save file to automatically enable all the same mods, at the same versions, and with the same settings enabled.

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

Gandamir wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:53 pm

Reposting from Discord for future reference:

> I found the culprit. The mod Blueprint Variables must add something in that causes an issue in Angels. I'll remove it and move on for now.
>
> https://mods.factorio.com/mod/blueprint-variables

Buy me a coffee

ikkiG
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ikkiG »

After downloading all latest updates I now can't load the game with all the AB mods and get this:
Screenshot 2023-12-23 at 16.50.06.png
Screenshot 2023-12-23 at 16.50.06.png (103.66 KiB) Viewed 1265 times
on startup.
Simply disabling madclown and reskins doesn't seem to change much aside from adding petrochem to the list
Screenshot 2023-12-23 at 17.10.40.png
Screenshot 2023-12-23 at 17.10.40.png (95.12 KiB) Viewed 1265 times
which does seem to be the root cause considering the last changelog mentioning rework of said tech. probably just needs a quick update for the dependencies of titanium smelting or smth? idk much about modding

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

ikkiG wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:19 pm
which does seem to be the root cause considering the last changelog mentioning rework of said tech. probably just needs a quick update for the dependencies of titanium smelting or smth? idk much about modding
I know it's not listed here but I suspect the cause is MadClown01's Processing mod. I'm not able to reproduce the issue without this. The dev for it is away currently. They'll get an update out for it soon!

Buy me a coffee

ikkiG
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ikkiG »

yep, found the line
Screenshot 2023-12-23 at 23.47.23.png
Screenshot 2023-12-23 at 23.47.23.png (82.17 KiB) Viewed 1233 times
a quick local edit seems to have temporarily resolved the conflict tho its probably better to wait until they do a proper update. thx!

Return to “Angels Mods”