Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

leeux
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ (Gathering Turrets)

Post by leeux »

Just posting again to say that I'm noticing the same issue as @Saira above.

In my case, it's super random which turrets work and when... I have tons of them, and four walls on each cardinal direction, and some of the walls I see turrets working from time to time, but there are some walls where there are so many artifacts lying around and I never saw them work.

(My original issue I posted before that was solved by turning off the "build denial area" from AAI Programmable Vehicles made them not work at all, never... it was a different kind of issue. When I disabled that feature they started working randomly, sometimes, some of them...)

Is there some kind of quantity limit to the number of them that are allowed to work at the same time at any given moment? I kinda looked at the script and trying to diagnose what could be happening, and if there was something I could turn on to debug the issue, etc. and it felt like there was a limit.

If there is a limit: perhaps the issue is that it's always the same ones that work? With Rampant enabled, I get attacks ALL nights, so biters dying in front of walls is super common, and that leaves scores of artifacts lying around everywhere.

I've added tons of gathering turrets to my walls myself (there are like 12 of them per wall segment approx. the size of the span of two green power poles): perhaps that is also compounding the issue?

Here's a link to my last save, in case it's of help
-> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1epScnm ... sp=sharing
The list of mods I'm using haven't changed from my last post
-> https://pastebin.com/PqsK5cGE
Example of turrent not gathering artifacts lying around (there were many more, but I did a cleaning sweep with the construction robots not so long ago):
-> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 3036746597

Saira
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Saira »

leeux wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:49 pm
Just posting again to say that I'm noticing the same issue as @Saira above.

In my case, it's super random which turrets work and when... I have tons of them, and four walls on each cardinal direction, and some of the walls I see turrets working from time to time, but there are some walls where there are so many artifacts lying around and I never saw them work.

(My original issue I posted before that was solved by turning off the "build denial area" from AAI Programmable Vehicles made them not work at all, never... it was a different kind of issue. When I disabled that feature they started working randomly, sometimes, some of them...)

Is there some kind of quantity limit to the number of them that are allowed to work at the same time at any given moment? I kinda looked at the script and trying to diagnose what could be happening, and if there was something I could turn on to debug the issue, etc. and it felt like there was a limit.

If there is a limit: perhaps the issue is that it's always the same ones that work? With Rampant enabled, I get attacks ALL nights, so biters dying in front of walls is super common, and that leaves scores of artifacts lying around everywhere.

I've added tons of gathering turrets to my walls myself (there are like 12 of them per wall segment approx. the size of the span of two green power poles): perhaps that is also compounding the issue?

Here's a link to my last save, in case it's of help
-> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1epScnm ... sp=sharing
The list of mods I'm using haven't changed from my last post
-> https://pastebin.com/PqsK5cGE
Example of turrent not gathering artifacts lying around (there were many more, but I did a cleaning sweep with the construction robots not so long ago):
-> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 3036746597
We're both using Clockwork and Rampant, and if I understood it correctly, you're playing with only night attacks ? Maybe it's related.

I only have 2 garhering turrets, so I don't think it's related to a limit, but I haven't read the code tho.

I noticed that the "gathering-turret-updates.lua" inside the "prototypes/overrides" is referring to a trigger based on ennemies being inside the 60 range of the turrets. Obviously it only take account of base ennemies, and Bobs ones. I guess Rampant ennemies aren't triggering the turrets, so they're not working. If they're enabled when placed down, it's probably because it's on by default, and then the script take over. That's also why you're saying some turrets works sometimes on a wall, but never on another. There is probably a biter type attacking those walls, and are considered as trigger, and on the other wall it's only Rampant ennemies, and the trigger is never triggered ..

Maybe, if it's possible, the trigger should be on artifact being on the ground ? Or we need to make a mod to add Rampant ennemies as a trigger of gathering turrets.

Did you notice the weird electric consomption pattern of gathering turret ? Maybe this is why there is a limit ? The turret is saying : Low power when working, but I have like 100MW of not used power ... And when you look at electric graphic, it's "only" consumming 10MW in peak, then nothing. It feels really off.

Low Power Gathering turret : https://imgur.com/a/J4IRMLB
Consomption of Gathering turret : https://imgur.com/a/J3mdYEA

Edits : Adding screenshots / Added my opinion on code

leeux
Inserter
Inserter

Post by leeux »

Saira wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:31 pm
We're both using Clockwork and Rampant, and if I understood it correctly, you're playing with only night attacks ? Maybe it's related.
That's correct, yes... Rampant, Natural Enemies & Armored Biters all of them add new types of enemies. Not sure if the settings I'm using only allow for night time attacks to happen, but yeah Rampant form waves of attacks every night. But I think they also probably would attack triggered via pollution too, if it reached them, and they definitely do revenge attacks after an artillery barrage.
I only have 2 garhering turrets, so I don't think it's related to a limit, but I haven't read the code tho.

I noticed that the "gathering-turret-updates.lua" inside the "prototypes/overrides" is referring to a trigger based on ennemies being inside the 60 range of the turrets.
I've checked the code again, and yeah... I saw the list of enemies to which the turrets register for the event that triggers on death... and unless there's a post process script somewhere that's executing and scanning the game for extra enemy types, I don't think other enemies from any mod are supported. I guess maybe there is/was no way to detect types of enemy units generically by scanning the loaded game's entities and that's why there's a hardcoded list.

Maybe, assuming that aspect is extensible via other mods, perhaps there's a different mod somewhere that adds the compatibility to other popular mods? Haven't searched the mod portal yet, but I'll do that next and report back if I discover something: the real problem is finding it :|

Also, I suppose I could disable those extra mods as a test, and if my game still works, see if under those conditions the turrets work more reliably. The only problem is that there won't be attacks unless I deploy artillery and trigger an attack that way... so it'll take a bit of effort and changes to my base to be able to check that.
Maybe, if it's possible, the trigger should be on artifact being on the ground ? Or we need to make a mod to add Rampant ennemies as a trigger of gathering turrets.
That would be great, true! But I kinda imagine that it will also be a lot more intensive operation performance wise. Maybe a global scan once every X frames passed, just to wake up any nearby turrets if there's artifacts on the ground could be a possible alternative way to start the operation.

Did you notice the weird electric consomption pattern of gathering turret ? Maybe this is why there is a limit ? The turret is saying : Low power when working, but I have like 100MW of not used power ... And when you look at electric graphic, it's "only" consumming 10MW in peak, then nothing. It feels really off.

Low Power Gathering turret : https://imgur.com/a/J4IRMLB
Consomption of Gathering turret : https://imgur.com/a/J3mdYEA

Edits : Adding screenshots / Added my opinion on code
No, I haven't noticed any problems with consumption... but also I wasn't specifically looking at gathering turrets in my power graph, so I might not have noticed myself... gonna check when I play next and report back if I see something suspicious.

Best regards!

Pekkape
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Pekkape »

I use Angels, Bob, Youki abd Bio and Angels is of course dominating everything and almost everything works perfect together.

I just posted this iin the Bio Industries diskussion thread.
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Bio_Industries

I can make Resin from the Bio Industries mod, the order of the icons is different in the assembly machines than they are in filters and combinators so I cannot find the resin for signs, mapmarkers, filters and combinators. I will also add this to Angels as I gues that it is there the problem is really or if you can have a dialog with angels about this or make a patch or something? I guess it is meant that we should mnake tree stuff with Angels and not qith Bio but the choice is mine to make... ;) I cannot playthis game without this very very very very cool mod. I love it.

Angels is sooo cool and different. I really love it but I also want to be able to use some old favorite mods as well. ;) This is the only bug that I have encounted so far.

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

Pekkape wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:32 am
I can make Resin from the Bio Industries mod, the order of the icons is different in the assembly machines than they are in filters and combinators so I cannot find the resin for signs, mapmarkers, filters and combinators.
There are multiple recipes that make resin. You are free to choose which recipe you want to use. The recipes are split across multiple different crafting tabs:
- Angel's Petrochem
- Angel's Bioprocessing
- Bio-Industries

Items can only be on one tab. In my test game, the resin item on the Angel's Petrochem tab. I think that resin could be on any of the three tabs and be correct. You can search for items.

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding what you're saying. Can you post some screenshots, highlighting what you think is not correct?
Dev for Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Helmod, Sea Block, Circuit Processing, Science Cost Tweaker.

Buy me a coffee

Normal69
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Normal69 »

Sorry for being so clueless, could you help out with my problem?

I love crushing the little colored crystals from seablock!

I'm trying to insert that process into my modpack, but without Anger's Pertochem and with Angel's Refining,
the recipe chain is there,
but the seafloor pump recipe is missing.

Would you kindly point me in the right direction, dear human? :ugeek:
Last edited by Normal69 on Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

Normal69 wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:21 pm
Sorry for being so clueless, could you help yput with my problem?

I love crushing the little colored crystals from seablock!

I'm trying to insert that process into my modpack, but without Anger's Pertochem and with Angel's Refining,
the recipe chain is there,
but the seafloor pump recipe is missing.

Would you kindly point me in the right direction, dear human? :ugeek:
Try set this in data stage:

Code: Select all

angelsmods.trigger.washing_tech = true
Dev for Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Helmod, Sea Block, Circuit Processing, Science Cost Tweaker.

Buy me a coffee

Normal69
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Normal69 »

KiwiHawk wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:19 pm

Try set this in data stage:

Thank you for writing!

I have no experience to know how to "set at data stage" altough I can sysadm a linux LAMP server. :)
I've found

angelsmods.trigger.washing_tech
in 3 .lua-s inside the mod zip, the code to switch on/off tech and buildings.

I suspect this lua, and I suspect I shouldn't modify it:

angelsrefining_0.12.4\prototypes\override\refining-override-water-treatment.lua
Exactly how can I do the setting you've mentioned, please?

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

Are you creating your own mod? If so, you'll either need to learn how to do a bit of coding or find someone to do it for you.

If you aren't planning on creating a mod, then I'm not what enabling geodes will do for you. Are there recipes available that use them? If so, for what?

Need some more context to answer best sorry πŸ™‚

Buy me a coffee

Normal69
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Normal69 »

Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:06 pm
Are you creating your own mod? If so, you'll either need to learn how to do a bit of coding or find someone to do it for you.

If you aren't planning on creating a mod, then I'm not what enabling geodes will do for you. Are there recipes available that use them? If so, for what?

Need some more context to answer best sorry πŸ™‚
I'm creating my modpack. :)
The 4th one.
https://mods.factorio.com/user/Normal69

Please re-read my beginning comment. Without petrochem there is no recipe for the seafloor pump - everything else is fine.
I can install, manage linux servers forexample, so you don't need to explain computer stuff.

Currently I've added petrochem angel mod, and de-activeted anything I could, considering complicated chemical recipes as an intended feature. :lol:

So you are saying that there isn't any easy command or setup-file I could modify?

Is there a trick in-game, where I see the internal name of a fluid?
I have FNEI installed.
Because the above I need to change the fuel of the transport-trucks, as there is no original which was used - I need just to write the internal name into a config field and that.

Thank you, and good dreams.

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:16 pm
Please re-read my beginning comment. Without petrochem there is no recipe for the seafloor pump - everything else is fine.
If the recipe is the only thing missing, then that sounds like a bug. Can you upload a save file please? It will make it much easier for me to do some testing.
Press F4 to open the debug menu. Tick "Show debug info in tooltips".

Buy me a coffee

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ickputzdirwech »

Press
Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:11 am
There is also the prototype explorer! Press Ctrl+Shift+E
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

Normal69
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Normal69 »

If the recipe is the only thing missing, then that sounds like a bug. Can you upload a save file please? It will make it much easier for me to do some testing.
I actually have to make one, takes some time...
Wonderful!
I've used F4F5 yet only for checking the tickrates of mods on my potato computer.

Update: Yes, the trucks work now on fuel-oil, a similarry low-level crude oil product. Thank you both.
Last edited by Normal69 on Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Normal69
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Normal69 »

ickputzdirwech wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:02 am
There is also the prototype explorer! Press Ctrl+Shift+E
Marvellous!
I'll check on that too, thank you.

Normal69
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Normal69 »

Thank you for being so interested!
Here is my current play: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ltrtjtid ... n9q43&dl=0

My estimate is when you deacivate Angel's Petrochemical Processing, the recipe of the seafloor pump disappears, everything else stays in place.

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:40 am
My estimate is when you deacivate Angel's Petrochemical Processing, the recipe of the seafloor pump disappears, everything else stays in place.
I can't reproduce what you are describing. I can either see the entire washing chain, or none of it.

Steps that I took:
  1. Synced mods to the save file that you provided and loaded the save
  2. Checked that yes, I can see recipes for Sea Floor Pump, Washing Plants, and Geodes from Heavy Mud Water
  3. Disabled Angel's Smelting and Angel's Petrochemical Processing mods
  4. Loaded the save
  5. Checked that none of the washing recipes are visible
This all seems to be working as expected. Can you give me steps of how to see the Sea Floor Pump recipe disabled but Washing Plants still enabled? Screenshots would also be useful.

Buy me a coffee

Normal69
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Normal69 »

Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:35 am
This all seems to be working as expected. Can you give me steps of how to see the Sea Floor Pump recipe disabled but Washing Plants still enabled? Screenshots would also be useful.
Good!
No need for screenshots, it's simple:
You should deactivate only Petrochemical Processing,
while keeping Refining and Smelting active.
:thumbsup:

Let me quote myself:
"I'm trying to insert that process into my modpack, but without Anger's Pertochem and with Angel's Refining,
the recipe chain is there, but the seafloor pump recipe is missing."

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:01 pm
No need for screenshots, it's simple:
You should deactivate only Petrochemical Processing,
while keeping Refining and Smelting active.
:thumbsup:

Let me quote myself:
"I'm trying to insert that process into my modpack, but without Anger's Pertochem and with Angel's Refining,
the recipe chain is there, but the seafloor pump recipe is missing."
I can read. I did that. Which recipe chain is still there? The recipe chain I was looking at was no longer there.

Smelting requires Petrochem. You can't have it without Petrochem.

Buy me a coffee

Normal69
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Normal69 »

Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:05 pm
I can read. I did that. Which recipe chain is still there? The recipe chain I was looking at was no longer there.
The Viscosus mud water liquidone, which comes from the Seafloor pump and made into geodes which are crushed and made into mineral sludge, I think?
Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:05 pm
Smelting requires Petrochem. You can't have it without Petrochem.
Indeed, you are true, it was my error, and I stand corrected.
Perhaps it was Refining only?

I'll take some time to answer. Looking at different solutios, which came up.
But I am grateful for your earnest help, thank you. :D

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

You are creating a mod pack. This is a mod, even if it's very empty. Make sure you have all your dependencies set in the .json file. This will make your mod load after.

Create a new file data.lua . Put this code in it:

Buy me a coffee

Return to β€œAngels Mods”