Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Cobalt40
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Cobalt40 »

I think Angels Bio Processing is missing a recipe for late game crystallization on fish wastewater.

The late game modules ranging from levels 6-8 require making Logic Boards of the respective type, but said Logic Boards require Polished Crystals of the respective colors. The problem is the only way to ultimately acquire these crystals is via a recipe called "Raw crystal cutting" located under the "Bob's Gemstones" tab. Unfortunately, there is no recipe for crystalizing a "Raw Crystal," and the Research tab cannot find it. The Helmod mod I am also using can't find it. I also looked at the source code of the mod myself, and I cannot find it, either.

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

Cobalt40 wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:04 am
I think Angels Bio Processing is missing a recipe for late game crystallization on fish wastewater.

The late game modules ranging from levels 6-8 require making Logic Boards of the respective type, but said Logic Boards require Polished Crystals of the respective colors. The problem is the only way to ultimately acquire these crystals is via a recipe called "Raw crystal cutting" located under the "Bob's Gemstones" tab. Unfortunately, there is no recipe for crystalizing a "Raw Crystal," and the Research tab cannot find it. The Helmod mod I am also using can't find it. I also looked at the source code of the mod myself, and I cannot find it, either.
I can't reproduce this issue sorry. Can you please create a new game. Check if the issue still exists. If it does, save the new game and upload it for us to check. Either here or attached to a GitHub issue.

https://github.com/Arch666Angel/mods

Late game crystals are made from Biters, not from fish water.
Dev for Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Helmod, Sea Block, Circuit Processing, Science Cost Tweaker.

Buy me a coffee

Cobalt40
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cobalt40 »

KiwiHawk wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:19 am
Cobalt40 wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:04 am

I can't reproduce this issue sorry. Can you please create a new game. Check if the issue still exists. If it does, save the new game and upload it for us to check. Either here or attached to a GitHub issue.

https://github.com/Arch666Angel/mods

Late game crystals are made from Biters, not from fish water.
I see. Thanks for the response. So, I need a Big Biter Zoo to get the desired Raw Crystals. I am playing on peaceful because of other imposed challenges including DangOreus and MSP - 30 new Science Packs. So, attacking Biter bases is not an option. (Strange how Helmod is still unable to find this recipe.)

But speaking of recipes, I think there's a conflict with MSP - 30 new Science Packs because researching Agriculture modules is impossible as Research asks for Alien Plant Life Sample, Science Packs 1-4, and module circuit boards to be researched at the same time. Since no Research Lab is capable of handling all 3 types of ingredients, this tech tree cannot even start.

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

Cobalt40 wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:40 pm
I see. Thanks for the response. So, I need a Big Biter Zoo to get the desired Raw Crystals. I am playing on peaceful because of other imposed challenges including DangOreus and MSP - 30 new Science Packs. So, attacking Biter bases is not an option. (Strange how Helmod is still unable to find this recipe.)
This recipe should still be available in peaceful mode. It's unrelated to the biters you find in the world.
Cobalt40 wrote:
But speaking of recipes, I think there's a conflict with MSP - 30 new Science Packs because researching Agriculture modules is impossible as Research asks for Alien Plant Life Sample, Science Packs 1-4, and module circuit boards to be researched at the same time. Since no Research Lab is capable of handling all 3 types of ingredients, this tech tree cannot even start.
For both of these issues, it would really help to get an empty save game as I explained previously. Thanks! 🙂
Dev for Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Helmod, Sea Block, Circuit Processing, Science Cost Tweaker.

Buy me a coffee

Cobalt40
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cobalt40 »

KiwiHawk wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:27 pm
This recipe should still be available in peaceful mode. It's unrelated to the biters you find in the world.
Biter Breeding is already underway. Luckily, I have already bred a fair number of Corrosive Puffer Eggs for an early kickstart.
KiwiHawk wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:27 pm
Cobalt40 wrote:
For both of these issues, it would really help to get an empty save game as I explained previously. Thanks! 🙂
I was not being allowed to upload a file to your repository. So, I created my own repository and uploaded the empty game save there. You can find it here:

https://github.com/Cobalt40/Bugfix-Requ ... -Factortio

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

Cobalt40 wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:19 pm
I was not being allowed to upload a file to your repository. So, I created my own repository and uploaded the empty game save there.
The crystal recipes all look correctly available. I've created a Pull Request from MSP to resolve the Agriculture Modules issue.

https://github.com/ByteSquire/factorio-mods/pull/8

Buy me a coffee

DarK_EchO
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by DarK_EchO »

I can't research advanced glass fusing, which makes me unable to progress any further. The main problem is that I can't even research it through the consulting team. Considering I've researched everything above. This may well be due to mod conflicts, but even after disabling all mods except angel and his adons I couldn't do this research

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

DarK_EchO wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:40 pm
I can't research advanced glass fusing, which makes me unable to progress any further. The main problem is that I can't even research it through the consulting team. Considering I've researched everything above. This may well be due to mod conflicts, but even after disabling all mods except angel and his adons I couldn't do this research
Can you upload a save file please?

Buy me a coffee

DarK_EchO
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by DarK_EchO »

KiwiHawk wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:09 pm
DarK_EchO wrote:
Attachments
ЕБЛЮП.zip
(20.69 MiB) Downloaded 44 times

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

DarK_EchO wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:27 pm
KiwiHawk wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:09 pm
DarK_EchO wrote:
Angel's and Krastorio 2 don't play nicely together. Someone has started trying to fix the compatibility issues from the K2 side but it needs a lot more work. This isn't a quick fix sorry.

Buy me a coffee

DirtyBitch
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DirtyBitch »

Hi angel..

There is missing research for Platinum sheetcoil II pleas fix

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

DirtyBitch wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:44 am
Hi angel..

Can you upload a save file please? It's impossible to investigate issues like this without more information.

Buy me a coffee

DirtyBitch
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DirtyBitch »

KiwiHawk wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:20 am
DirtyBitch wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:44 am
Hi angel..

Can you upload a save file please? It's impossible to investigate issues like this without more information.
How and where?

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

Attach it to a post here? Alternatively upload it to OneDive, Dropbox or similar and post a link here.

Buy me a coffee

leeux
Inserter
Inserter

Post by leeux »

Hello,

EDIT: I found out the culprit! Sorry for the noise. It was AAI Programmable Vehicles build denial feature, I disabled that by setting the value of configuration setting 'Deadzone construction denial range' to 0, and the turrets started working immediately. So, the rest of the post can be ignored now!

I'm in need of help with respect to the Gathering turrets in Angel's Exploration: they don't seem to be working in my game. I've build walls filled with them, and when bugs die nearby and drop their artifacts, despite several turrets being in range, none of them activate to gather the dropped items.

I've seen them work with this same load out and with the same wall layout in my Lab environment test: I've spawned some biters inside the lab and tested the walls during the attacks, and in there the turrets seemed to work, but now that they are deployed in the real game surface, none of them seem to work.

Is there any way I can debug what's happening?

The only thing strange about this game is the fact that the enemies weren't enabled from the start, I've just enabled them using the mod "Change Map Settings" and then using the "Delete Empty Chunks" mod, I cleared all the revealed chunks outside my walls in order to make the bases spawn normally... the walls were built from before enabling them, maybe that could be a cause?

Also, before enabling the enemies, I've added a couple if enemy enhancing mods to the save that weren't present from the start: Natural Evolution Enemies, and Rampant.

Bob's Warfare and Bob's Enemies were installed since the beginning in this map, even if I had the enemies turned off... I always intended to enable them at some point.

Here's the relevant mods' versions:

- Natural_Evolution_Enemies v1.1.28
- angelsexploration v0.3.14
- bobwarfare v1.1.6
- bobenemies v1.1.6
- ArmouredBiters v1.1.9
- Rampant v3.3.3

And here's my full mod list for completeness sake -> https://pastebin.com/PqsK5cGE (taken via console script by iterating the script.active_mods collection)

Natural Evolution Enemies seem to be altering the alien artifacts, perhaps it could be an interaction with that mod that causes the issues?

I can upload and share a save if it's needed.

Best regards.

Warmaniac_209
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ (Angel Infine Ore + RSO)

Post by Warmaniac_209 »

KiwiHawk wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:00 pm
Warmaniac_209 wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:20 am
Hi, i wanna report a bug ive noticed since ive started to play factorio again. I noticed that there were a problem with the infinite ores selection, My mod list is simple, the full Suite of Bob's mod, Alien Biomes, and Angel Infinite ores + RSO. The bug i noticed concern Angel infinite Ore, I can only change the yield of the infinite ores of the vanilla ores, iron, stone, copper, coal, ect.... and only spawn those, all the bob's ores are finite, and dont spawn the infinite patch in the center... activating or removing RSO dont change anything... could it be related to mod order, angel seems to be the first loaded, is there a way to change this ?
fresh factorio install, current 1.1.76 version. thanks in advance
Fix will be in the next version of Angel's Infinite Ores.

There's an easy workaround:
- Disable all mods except Bob's Ores mod
- Restart the game to apply
- In mod settings, enable the setting for each ore
- Reenable other mods as desired

Bob's MCI mod hides the ore settings because they do nothing when MCI is enabled. The ores will always be created. Angel's Infinite Ores mod is checking if ore settings are enabled.
Just logged back, and saw this, thanks a lot to all of you, i realy appreciate that !, gonna try it this weekend see if you posted the update yet, or if the fix work on my side. thanks a lot and have a very nice weekend !

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

leeux wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:55 am
Hello,

EDIT: I found out the culprit! Sorry for the noise. It was AAI Programmable Vehicles build denial feature, I disabled that by setting the value of configuration setting 'Deadzone construction denial range' to 0, and the turrets started working immediately. So, the rest of the post can be ignored now!

Best regards.
Glad to hear that you got it sorted!!

Buy me a coffee

Warmaniac_209
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Warmaniac_209 »

KiwiHawk wrote:
Warmaniac_209 wrote:
Hi, i wanna report a bug ive noticed since ive started to play factorio again. I noticed that there were a problem with the infinite ores selection, My mod list is simple, the full Suite of Bob's mod, Alien Biomes, and Angel Infinite ores + RSO. The bug i noticed concern Angel infinite Ore, I can only change the yield of the infinite ores of the vanilla ores, iron, stone, copper, coal, ect.... and only spawn those, all the bob's ores are finite, and dont spawn the infinite patch in the center... activating or removing RSO dont change anything... could it be related to mod order, angel seems to be the first loaded, is there a way to change this ?

Bob's MCI mod hides the ore settings because they do nothing when MCI is enabled. The ores will always be created. Angel's Infinite Ores mod is checking if ore settings are enabled.
I tryed your workaround, and it dosen't seem to work, i did what you said, and you are right about the MCI changing the behavior of the infinite ore, when its disabled, i can see and adjust the slider, but the second i enable MCI, it break... i disabled all my mod, exept bob ore, enable the ores in the mod option, reloading the game, reenable the mods, but each time my mod list change, it seems to revert to "base config" of each mod, so i can't still not enable or adjust infinite bauxite, or tin after the final mod enabling.... i tried to enable all my mod exept MCI, Start a game, as so to "lock" the mod setting, for the next new game you start, no luck either, i tried to start a new game, all my mod on exept MCI, start a new game to "lock" the setting, then reenable MCI, it didint work. I tryed to start a game but with all my mod exept MCI, make a savefile, then reenable the mod, load the savefile with all the patch generated, but the change in mod recompile when you load says that all the infinite ore patches are deleted... ill just wait until when you update the mod, unless you have an idea of something i did wrong...

Warmaniac_209
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Warmaniac_209 »

KiwiHawk wrote:
Warmaniac_209 wrote:

Hi, I MANAGED TO DO IT ! thanks a lot ! your info on the MCI and bob ore interaction with Angel infinte ore was the missing link for me ! i changed the default behavior of Bob Ore with the Setting.lua, in the mod folder and enabled the ore there, and after a few fidlling, voila, the slider appear and i can adjust everything i want ! and MCI is enabled ! thanks a LOT ! so much more satisfiying to solve it myself than just asking for a fix ! your help was invaluable ! thanks KiwiHawk

Saira
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ (Gathering Turret)

Post by Saira »

Hi,

I'm playing with full Bob&Angel and Rampant and few other mods.

Full list of mods (I just cleaned the mod-list.json)

"name": "base",
"name": "alien-biomes",
"name": "alien-biomes-hr-terrain",
"name": "angelsaddons-cab",
"name": "angelsaddons-mobility",
"name": "angelsaddons-newlocales",
"name": "angelsaddons-storage",
"name": "angelsbioprocessing",
"name": "angelsexploration",
"name": "angelsindustries",
"name": "angelsinfiniteores",
"name": "angelspetrochem",
"name": "angelsrefining",
"name": "angelssmelting",
"name": "bobassembly",
"name": "bobclasses",
"name": "bobelectronics",
"name": "bobenemies",
"name": "bobequipment",
"name": "bobgreenhouse",
"name": "bobinserters",
"name": "boblibrary",
"name": "boblocale",
"name": "boblogistics",
"name": "bobmining",
"name": "bobmodules",
"name": "bobores",
"name": "bobplates",
"name": "bobpower",
"name": "bobrevamp",
"name": "bobtech",
"name": "bobvehicleequipment",
"name": "bobwarfare",
"name": "cargo-ships",
"name": "cargo-ships-graphics",
"name": "Clockwork",
"name": "DiscoScience",
"name": "factoryplanner",
"name": "flib",
"name": "FNEI",
"name": "LargeLamp",
"name": "LoaderRedux",
"name": "LoaderRedux-BobLogistics",
"name": "LogisticTrainNetwork",
"name": "LtnManager",
"name": "LTN_Combinator_Modernized",
"name": "Rampant",
"name": "RampantArsenal",
"name": "RateCalculator",
"name": "RecipeBook",
"name": "reskins-angels",
"name": "reskins-bobs",
"name": "reskins-compatibility",
"name": "reskins-library",
"name": "simple-vehicle-physics",
"name": "Waterfill_Fork",
"name": "Wireless_Circuit_Network",

I finally got gathering turret to collect small artifact on the ground. But when turrets cleaned the ground, it switch to "disabled by script" and it's not getting back on when new artifacts is on the ground.
Deconstructing them, and building them again make them work again, but they're disabled again when there is no more artifact on the ground.

Let me know if you need more infos

Here is a screen :
https://imgur.com/a/Klulnus

Save :
https://github.com/Edouard76270/FactorioSaveB-A

Edit : Can't find a way to display image here, so I just post the link / Added link to my github repo with save

Return to “Angels Mods”