Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by valneq »

Ashprinny wrote: ↑
Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:07 pm
I like the vehicles and motors aspect of AAI as an added layer of complexity....also please note the MOTORS aren't the issue; the electronic boards (from Bob Electronics) are the issue...also note that subsequent layers of the floatation cell are in perfect working order....you just can't craft floatation cell 1. I've been playing it like this for years (except on my current playthrough where I turned advanced components off). I also mean no insult; just trying to do my bit to get the beta of components working :)
Flotation Cell just with Angel's Component mode
flotation_cell_components.png
flotation_cell_components.png (271.26 KiB) Viewed 5676 times
Flotation Cell with Component Mode, Bob's Mods, & AAI Industries
flotation_cell_components_aai.png
flotation_cell_components_aai.png (238.95 KiB) Viewed 5676 times
The two recipes have nothing to do with each other. AAI industries is messing this up. But I do agree, that Angel's Industries should technically do the last replacement, but it doesn't.

Also, AAI Industries is not required for any of the vehicles ;)
And arguably, the added complexity via Motors from AAI Industries is nothing compared to the added complexity of Component Overhaul.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

just trying to do my bit to get the beta of components working :)
Thanks by the way for your efforts!
Now that I was able to reproduce what you are talking about, here is now a github issue for tracking.
https://github.com/Arch666Angel/mods/issues/540

Ashprinny
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ashprinny »

valneq wrote: ↑
Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:21 pm
I like the vehicles and motors aspect of AAI as an added layer of complexity....also please note the MOTORS aren't the issue; the electronic boards (from Bob Electronics) are the issue...also note that subsequent layers of the floatation cell are in perfect working order....you just can't craft floatation cell 1. I've been playing it like this for years (except on my current playthrough where I turned advanced components off). I also mean no insult; just trying to do my bit to get the beta of components working :)
Flotation Cell just with Angel's Component mode
flotation_cell_components.png

Flotation Cell with Component Mode, Bob's Mods, & AAI Industries
flotation_cell_components_aai.png

The two recipes have nothing to do with each other. AAI industries is messing this up. But I do agree, that Angel's Industries should technically do the last replacement, but it doesn't.

Also, AAI Industries is not required for any of the vehicles ;)
And arguably, the added complexity via Motors from AAI Industries is nothing compared to the added complexity of Component Overhaul.
huh; guess it was AAI after all then....although I still don't quite understand how it could change the recipe for cell-1 but leave the recipes for cell 2 and onwards intact. Darnit I've been playing with Angel-block for so long I just want to layer some extra complexity on top of it (I'm a glutton for punishment) to the point where it would become a vanilla player's nightmare.

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:16 pm
Zyrconia wrote: ↑
Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:49 pm
With all of Angel's options on, industry/components/tech reword there is a dead end battery tech labeled "Battery" that does not have any tech under and you get it after having some batteries.
Are you using additional mods alongside Angel's? Maybe a screenshot of the tech? I don't see an empty tech with overhauls active.
I'm using Bob's, full stack.
Attachments
baterry.png
baterry.png (1.73 MiB) Viewed 5640 times

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:34 pm
I still cannot reproduce with just Angel+Bob. But from your screenshot it's obvious that you are using additional mods. (AAI Laser tank?)
First question: does the same issue arise if you start a new map with the same mod settings?
If so, can you please provide a mostly empty savefile so we can sync our mods to your setup.
If not, can you provide the savefile where the issue arises?

Yxen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Yxen »

lovely_santa wrote: ↑
Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:51 pm
jindale wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:08 pm
Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:20 pm
Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:57 pm
Used Coolant don't flow from Casting Machine in any motor casting recipies.
The recipes for to make Motor casing 1 from Molten iron and Reusable mold takes fresh coolant, not used coolant. You need to cool the used coolant down in a cooling tower and filter it to make it re-usable again. However the last step is lossy, so you will need to re-supply the entire metal casting with fresh coolant.

If you think you have a different issue, we would need more concrete information: screenshots or a savefile.
I have no problem with fresh coolant, used coolant don't leave casting machine. I can see it in pipes, but used coolant don't flow to the cooling tower.

https://ibb.co/x14JDXX
https://ibb.co/8gC3xzG
This is fixed for the next release.
Is this fixed in the current version? I have the same problem just now. Have updated all mods and using 1.1.21 Factorio

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Yxen wrote: ↑
Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:16 pm
lovely_santa wrote: ↑
Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:51 pm
Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:08 pm
Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:20 pm
Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:57 pm
Used Coolant don't flow from Casting Machine in any motor casting recipies.
The recipes for to make Motor casing 1 from Molten iron and Reusable mold takes fresh coolant, not used coolant. You need to cool the used coolant down in a cooling tower and filter it to make it re-usable again. However the last step is lossy, so you will need to re-supply the entire metal casting with fresh coolant.

If you think you have a different issue, we would need more concrete information: screenshots or a savefile.
I have no problem with fresh coolant, used coolant don't leave casting machine. I can see it in pipes, but used coolant don't flow to the cooling tower.

https://ibb.co/x14JDXX
https://ibb.co/8gC3xzG
This is fixed for the next release.
Is this fixed in the current version? I have the same problem just now. Have updated all mods and using 1.1.21 Factorio
Yep, it looks like its working for me still...
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (2.09 MiB) Viewed 5506 times
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

Yxen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Yxen »

Thanks for the check.

DIsabled Shiny Gfx and it is working again.

kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kirazy »

Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:24 pm
Thanks for the check.

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ShinyAnge ... hine-patch

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:24 pm
Thanks for the check.

I thought shiny is not available for Factorio 1.1 – which mod exactly were you using?

Yxen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Yxen »

Was using 0.18.4 versions of Bob and Angel Shiny. They did work for me but I may had them manually enabled them for 1.1. They do not appear in the mod lists. So I should only blame myself.

So continue without Shiny and using only the great Kirazy's work.

kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kirazy »

Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:56 am
Was using 0.18.4 versions of Bob and Angel Shiny. They did work for me but I may had them manually enabled them for 1.1. They do not appear in the mod lists. So I should only blame myself.

So continue without Shiny and using only the great Kirazy's work.
You can keep using them with the modified version number, you just need to use https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ShinyAnge ... hine-patch.

BlackViperMWG
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by BlackViperMWG »

Hi, what does robot wagon do? I couldn't find it anywhere, is it just another 'skin' like smelting trains?

And tenders are basically just locomotives, right?

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

BlackViperMWG wrote: ↑
Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:10 pm
Hi, what does robot wagon do? I couldn't find it anywhere, is it just another 'skin' like smelting trains?
Robot wagon can carry vehicle construction roboports, allowing the crawler train to function as a mobile construction vehicle.
BlackViperMWG wrote: ↑
Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:10 pm
And tenders are basically just locomotives, right?
Tenders have higher acceleration power than locomotive, but high air resistance of regular cargo wagon. Tenders are ideally used in addition to and *behind* a locomotive, which has low air resistance.

Marvun
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Marvun »

Hey, I have a small question since I don't know if this is intended.
I can make 2 ore chunks out of 2 crushed ore.
2021-02-23_16h47_29.png
2021-02-23_16h47_29.png (441.48 KiB) Viewed 5293 times
But then I can make 24 ore out of one or chunk?
2021-02-23_16h47_39.png
2021-02-23_16h47_39.png (366.73 KiB) Viewed 5293 times
With that, I could easily duplicate every ore infinitely and deep core mining ore mining, in general, would be completely pointless in my opinion. So is that intended like that?

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Marvun wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:54 pm
With that, I could easily duplicate every ore infinitely and deep core mining ore mining, in general, would be completely pointless in my opinion. So is that intended like that?
What is and does Astroid Mining?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

2021-02-23_16h47_29.png
2021-02-23_16h47_39.png
Looks like you should talk to whoever did "asteroidmining" as it is modifying the recipes and breaking it.

Marvun
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Marvun »

jodokus31 wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:08 pm
What is and does Astroid Mining?
It allows to send the rockets in the endgame into space and they will return like asteroid ore chunks of the specified ore. These can be refined into ore chunks and these can be refined into ore. As I looked the mod up right now, I saw, that the description says, that it is only partially compatible and not fully rebalanced. So I tried to load it without the mod now and the recipe is gone and everything works fine again. :)
Thanks

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

2021-02-23_16h47_29.png
2021-02-23_16h47_39.png
This looks like an overloading of items. The chunks from Angel's (via hydro refining) should be different items from the chunks from asteroid mining, which you should only be able to obtain via a rocket launch – crushing the mined asteroid chunks should give you lots of ores.
However, the internal names of these two items is identical, so you get messed up recipes.

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:53 pm
Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:34 pm
I still cannot reproduce with just Angel+Bob. But from your screenshot it's obvious that you are using additional mods. (AAI Laser tank?)
First question: does the same issue arise if you start a new map with the same mod settings?
If so, can you please provide a mostly empty savefile so we can sync our mods to your setup.
If not, can you provide the savefile where the issue arises?
Sorry for the delay.

Attached a save from the beginning. You can ignore reverse factory, I'm not using that anymore.
Attachments
BA3 - 000 - Map.zip
(4.03 MiB) Downloaded 85 times

Return to β€œAngels Mods”