Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by orzelek »

Arch666Angel wrote:Oh dont expect to build a small and compact base with my mods :D

For me the artefacts are just another intermediate with the plus that you can "harvest" them, similar to wood or now stone.

Yeah there is still much to do for the smelting as well as the petrochems mod before they are ready, I'm just playing a bit with the to check the recipes and so on.
Yeah I fiigured that ;) Option to disable catalysers is really useful.
As for ingots - I think I'll skip them for now or at least until I can get my hand on stack inserters/express/faster belts to handle the expected heavy item throughput between processing and smelters.

ddejong
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ddejong »

Ore Processing 1 when using Bob's Mods gives the first tier processing recipes for iron, copper, tin, and... silver. Shouldn't that be lead, not silver?

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Small base was never my concern, walking between machines would be nice.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

0.13.6 + bobmods and no ores are being generated, anyone else have this problem? Only coal is present.

Looks like it's broken just by using angels infinite ores+processing+refining and nothing else.
So in 0.13.6 ore generation is broken.

Also ground water is not generated from bob mod.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

cpy wrote:0.13.6 + bobmods and no ores are being generated, anyone else have this problem? Only coal is present.

Looks like it's broken just by using angels infinite ores+processing+refining and nothing else.
So in 0.13.6 ore generation is broken.

Also ground water is not generated from bob mod.
I did tweak the generation in the lastest version of infinite ores to work with 0.13 but they really messed up some thing with the generation algorithm. Only quick fix I can recommend is using RSO.

That's because there already was/is a water resource with the thermal water.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

But are you going to fix it? Your mod uses really factorio like graphics and sounds and feels like expansion rather than mod. :)

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

cpy wrote:But are you going to fix it? Your mod uses really factorio like graphics and sounds and feels like expansion rather than mod. :)
BTW: If you dont use RSO, you need to put in the RSOnotpresend trigger file (you can get it in the angelsore thread here in the forum or in the description on the mod portal), or change it in the config of angelsores.

Jorn86
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Jorn86 »

Both the Processing mod (0.2.0) and the Refining mod (0.2.5) crash on startup when bob's electronics is not present, with a message about basic circuit board not being available.

Aonova
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Aonova »

Came across this. Just wanted to report it ;)
screenshot
Prolly just a simple locale issue.

factoriofrenzy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by factoriofrenzy »

Hi,

I'm just about to explore the thermal extractor but I can't seem to find any fissures to place them on. I've been driving around everywhere and couldn't see any.

Playing with all of Bobs, all of Angels, RSO 2.0.8 and a bunch of other mods. Everything is up to date.

Is it that hard to find or am I missing something?

Thanks

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

factoriofrenzy wrote:Hi,

I'm just about to explore the thermal extractor but I can't seem to find any fissures to place them on. I've been driving around everywhere and couldn't see any.

Playing with all of Bobs, all of Angels, RSO 2.0.8 and a bunch of other mods. Everything is up to date.

Thanks
They should be a bit more rare than oil, a bit bigger orangish patches on the map. Might have to increase their spawns now that they should yield lithia water for bobs.

factoriofrenzy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by factoriofrenzy »

Arch666Angel wrote:

Thanks
They should be a bit more rare than oil, a bit bigger orangish patches on the map. Might have to increase their spawns now that they should yield lithia water for bobs.
Yeah, I tried looking for those. I got the processing mod (not the other two) later on though, don't know if that may cause any issues? Also the sprites for the catalysts, the alien artifacts and the ore processing plants are messed up (they look like damaged distorted pictures).

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

factoriofrenzy wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:

Thanks
Yeah, I tried looking for those. I got the processing mod (not the other two) later on though, don't know if that may cause any issues? Also the sprites for the catalysts, the alien artifacts and the ore processing plants are messed up (they look like damaged distorted pictures).
No the fissures are added by the angelsores when angelsrefining is present. The processing is more or less standalone.

Are you playing on MacOS?

factoriofrenzy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by factoriofrenzy »

Yes, 10.9.5

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

factoriofrenzy wrote:Yes, 10.9.5
Some of the processing icons have an issue with MacOS, some of them have 64bit color depth and this seems to be too much for it. Have to re-render the icons and sprites in question, but since the processing mod will be split when I have more time after the current exams phase they will be replaced anyway.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Fissures might be set to be to rare in RSO potentially.
I think I found 3 total in quite big area in 2 separate groups with help of Big Brother mod radars.
They are set to be very rare and setup to show as only 1 at a time atm (less then 3 times likely then oil).

Is it by design that coal is more frequent then any of angels ores?

factoriofrenzy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by factoriofrenzy »

Is this weird if I haven't found one yet? And are there mods for .13 that can track these fissures?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-07-15 at 20.21.34.png
Screen Shot 2016-07-15 at 20.21.34.png (275.26 KiB) Viewed 5122 times

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

You dont really have much resources at all on your map :D You might need to search a bit for them. Will make some changes and send orzelek a new config for the ores.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

factoriofrenzy wrote:Is this weird if I haven't found one yet? And are there mods for .13 that can track these fissures?
I'd recommend application of radars.. modded ones preferrably. Driving around to search for resources with RSO can be a time consuming task.

factoriofrenzy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by factoriofrenzy »

Arch666Angel wrote:You dont really have much resources at all on your map :D You might need to search a bit for them. Will make some changes and send orzelek a new config for the ores.
Will go look for them :)
orzelek wrote:
factoriofrenzy wrote:Is this weird if I haven't found one yet? And are there mods for .13 that can track these fissures?
I'd recommend application of radars.. modded ones preferrably. Driving around to search for resources with RSO can be a time consuming task.
..with the help of radars :)

Thanks for the help and all the work you guys are doing!

Return to “Angels Mods”