Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Arch666Angel »

Kargaros wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:01 pm
I hope my posts didn't seem impatient. I thought I would post on the off chance you hadn't noticed the mining fluids, and even more to point out to others that they could play with the old Inf.Ores version while waiting, but update the rest. Speaking of, let me get back to having fun with the newest updates. I see that infinite coal now requires water - nice touch :)

Let me repeat how much I enjoy your work. Though I am still a newbie at yours and the Bob mods, as a mathematician I very much enjoy the puzzle of figuring out how to set up everything :D

Good luck with what bugs might remain, and with whatever the Factorio developers decide to throw at you next :?
Not at all, just wanted to give some insight where the struggle is currently :) And glad you enjoy playing the mods
jooe wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:58 pm
Thank you @Angel for the quick fix! :)
Your mod collection makes the game a 1000 times more interesting :)
Mortbise wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:02 pm
That icon trouble I mentioned yesterday is fixed as well, thanks much.
I hope that these were the worst bugs with the new resource generator, I'm sure there are more flaw hidden in there :)

Next up will be a plain upgrade of industries and then tweaking the other mods to use updated values and adjust them to changes in the base game (pollution, belt speeds, etc)

MageKing17
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MageKing17 »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:37 pm
The richness issue is another thing that I adressed although changing the resource definition will probably not bring back fields already affected in your saves. But all resource which are freshly generated should be fine.
As a matter of fact, my existing save was fixed. So thanks for that!

minno
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by minno »

There's a weird combination of recipes available with wood in Angel's Bioprocessing now that the raw wood vs. wood distinction is gone. 5 cellulose fiber + 3 sodium hydroxide makes 10 cellulose paste. 10 cellulose paste + 20 cellulose fiber makes 15 wood. 15 wood makes 60 cellulose fiber. Add those together and you get 35 cellulose fiber from 3 sodium hydroxide, and no other inputs. In 0.16 you couldn't close the loop because only raw wood could be turned into fiber.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

minno wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:39 am
There's a weird combination of recipes available with wood in Angel's Bioprocessing now that the raw wood vs. wood distinction is gone. 5 cellulose fiber + 3 sodium hydroxide makes 10 cellulose paste. 10 cellulose paste + 20 cellulose fiber makes 15 wood. 15 wood makes 60 cellulose fiber. Add those together and you get 35 cellulose fiber from 3 sodium hydroxide, and no other inputs. In 0.16 you couldn't close the loop because only raw wood could be turned into fiber.
Fun. This might become my new power plant in SeaBlock.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

minno wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:39 am
Yeah that first recipe is stupid and will get removed :)

AngryCheese
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[Bio-Processing 0.6.1] Research names [minor | QOL]

Post by AngryCheese »

Hi.

The full text names of certain research options provided by this mod don't have a name and instead display a tooltip name.

Cheers
~N

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

:D Angels hello!
please code in to generate bobs resources - not in map start generate resources :(
2019-04-01_0-48-22.png
2019-04-01_0-48-22.png (36.66 KiB) Viewed 5137 times

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Руды Боба не появляются на карте - они добываются трансформируя Ангельские руды !
Bob's ores aren't generated on the map, but from transformation of Angel's ores !
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:16 pm
Руды Боба не появляются на карте - они добываются трансформируя Ангельские руды !
Bob's ores aren't generated on the map, but from transformation of Angel's ores !
как их включить?
how to turn them on?

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Что ты имеешь под "включить" ?
What do you mean by "turn on" ?

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:38 pm
Что ты имеешь под "включить" ?
What do you mean by "turn on" ?
что рандомились на карте ресурсы от боба.
что бы добывать их можно было а не перерабатывая у ангела.

that the resources from the bean were randomly mapped.
that would be possible to extract them and not processing the angel.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Remove / Убери Angel's Refining.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:07 pm
Remove / Убери Angel's Refining.

я убрал удалил строки пару в замещающем файле
а как сделать генерацию ресурсов? что бы количество больше было..
у ангела
2019-04-02_22-18-15.png
2019-04-02_22-18-15.png (1.08 MiB) Viewed 4901 times

mknjc
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mknjc »

I'm currently stuck at the Chemical science pack production with my 0.17 map. Normally I try to play without flare stack and don't void any fluids.
My consumption of chlorine with hydrogen chloride, gold and titanium can't keep up with the sodium hydroxid needed for the chemical science packs.
Do I miss something which consumes a lot of chlorine or do I have to use the flare stack?

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

mknjc wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:36 pm
I'm currently stuck at the Chemical science pack production with my 0.17 map. Normally I try to play without flare stack and don't void any fluids.
My consumption of chlorine with hydrogen chloride, gold and titanium can't keep up with the sodium hydroxid needed for the chemical science packs.
Do I miss something which consumes a lot of chlorine or do I have to use the flare stack?
Its always pretty tough to keep balance of fluids without voiding anything.
Maybe you can use chlor methane gas for cellulose paste to wood?

I allowed me to void hydrogen, oxygen, chlorine and nitrogen, and purified water, saline water without hesitation. The rest, I try to reuse, if its not a nightmare.

randomdude
Inserter
Inserter

Post by randomdude »

Apparently, with the latest version 0.17.25, factorio checks for duplicated names in some things on load, and it's throwing an error with the latest bioprocessing:

Im using the whole seablock modpack, so I don't know if it overrode something tho

Apparently recipes can't return the same item in output more than once, so things like farming that return 1 + % break now:

Code: Select all

{type="item", name="desert-garden", amount=1},
      {type="item", name="desert-garden", amount=1, probability = 0.05}

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

I guess its due to this change :(
FactorioBot wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:00 pm
[*]Recipes with duplicate ingredients or products will now error at startup instead breaking crafting runtime. (67857)

Kargaros
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kargaros »

Rseding91 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:49 pm
I'll just remove the check for products for the next version of 0.17. I wasn't sure on the check for ingredients in the first place - since there are so many weird cases that stuff like these checks can break. So, I don't mind not having it for products until some future time when someone finds an issue with it.
It seems that the check for output materials will be removed again in the next Factorio version, so we just have to wait.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Kargaros wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:59 pm
Rseding91 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:49 pm
I'll just remove the check for products for the next version of 0.17. I wasn't sure on the check for ingredients in the first place - since there are so many weird cases that stuff like these checks can break. So, I don't mind not having it for products until some future time when someone finds an issue with it.
It seems that the check for output materials will be removed again in the next Factorio version, so we just have to wait.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=67857 confirmed here

talchas
Inserter
Inserter

Post by talchas »

BlueMarkers wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:57 am
arbarbonif wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:05 am
I'm getting ridiculous gas well and fissure percentages. I do max them out, but I also max out oil and in my starting area my oil is 3 wells, totaling 2886%, but my gas well is 2 nodes, totaling 299659%. The fissures are also about 100X the oil percentages. I'm using RSO as well.
I'm also getting the massive percentages on fissures and gas wells (oil looks fine).
The issue here for gas was that (in part) the angels make_resource helper ignored the "normal" value set and replaced them with ones that look like they were meant for ores, while the generation in RSO/etc was still based on numbers set more like for oil. Also make_resource sets them with a "minimum" value probably also meant for ore, which means that they won't stop at 20% yield like oil and old versions. After that they're just missing a minimum value to override make_resource's default and probably want to to have the existing normal value changed, as they're still lower than the near-oil values that rso is generating with. Fixing this in the entity prototype fixes existing saves, though in previous versions they had values 1/3 of oil's so that they ran out of yield faster, and if Angel wants to keep that setup then RSO would need updates and you'd need to regen/edit the resources on the map.

Return to “Angels Mods”