Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

MisterFister
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by MisterFister »

BlueTemplar wrote: ↑
Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:51 pm
MisterFister wrote: ↑
Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:23 pm
timuslala wrote: ↑
Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:20 pm
I have issue. There is no 0.17 support.
^^ Second. For myself specifically, my issue is with the Warehouses mod in an otherwise vanilla-plus playthrough. I.e., I'd presume that the Warehouses mod is relatively lightweight in modding terms.

Also, meta-question: What is the in-game usage scenario for Ore Silos as distinguished from the separate Warehouses? I understand that the Silos are smaller in terms of footprint... but is that it?

My own example is that I wonder if there's a reason to use OS at all in favor of Warehouses generally.
It's probably so simple that you could change the reference to the version from 0.16 to 0.17 in the mod yourself, and it would work...

Yeah silos are just smaller, and contain less and are cheaper.
Ore silos are also prettier. :P
Ok. I'm an enduser who has NO intuitive programming ability whose only experience was a high school class in BASIC and MS-vBASIC from twenty years ago. How do I change the reference?

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:25 pm
^^ Second. For myself specifically, my issue is with the Warehouses mod in an otherwise vanilla-plus playthrough. I.e., I'd presume that the Warehouses mod is relatively lightweight in modding terms.

Also, meta-question: What is the in-game usage scenario for Ore Silos as distinguished from the separate Warehouses? I understand that the Silos are smaller in terms of footprint... but is that it?

My own example is that I wonder if there's a reason to use OS at all in favor of Warehouses generally.
It's probably so simple that you could change the reference to the version from 0.16 to 0.17 in the mod yourself, and it would work...

Ok. I'm an enduser who has NO intuitive programming ability whose only experience was a high school class in BASIC and MS-vBASIC from twenty years ago. How do I change the reference?
info.json contains the version number required for the game to load the mod. It's a simple edit in wordpad to make it 0.17 and the game will then attempt to load it.

xfir01
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by xfir01 »

entity279 wrote: ↑
Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:09 pm
Thanks. Incominging chocolate then. Factorio is literally unplayable without Angels' mods
Just threw some chocolate in too. Thanks for the hours of fun!

BillNyetheSpy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by BillNyetheSpy »

Light wrote: ↑
Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:24 pm

info.json contains the version number required for the game to load the mod. It's a simple edit in wordpad to make it 0.17 and the game will then attempt to load it.
Not as easy as just updating info.lua

couple of commands have either been renamed or removed, so you have to go through a few more files in the prototype folder.

MisterFister
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MisterFister »

BillNyetheSpy wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:24 am
Light wrote: ↑
Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:24 pm

couple of commands have either been renamed or removed, so you have to go through a few more files in the prototype folder.
Ok. So, speaking specifically about Angel's Warehouses, you think I should hold off on modifying any version metainfo?

tehfreek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by tehfreek »

Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:39 am
Ok. So, speaking specifically about Angel's Warehouses, you think I should hold off on modifying any version metainfo?
The other warehouse mod has been updated for 0.17, it's just not as pretty.

MisterFister
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MisterFister »

Ok then, I'll hold off.

My broken builds and blueprints use this mod, and I'm trying to specifically save those specific blueprints before I dive whole hog into v0.17. Using the other mod won't help. Thanks for your efforts.

tehfreek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by tehfreek »

You could extract the blueprint contents and replace the entity names, but any circuit wires would be tricky to handle.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Even in mods as simple as Ore Silos / Warehouses seem to be ?!
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

nezrel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by nezrel »

Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:50 am

Yes, you need to remove all instances of this line (buildings/warehouses.lua) :

Code: Select all

flags = {"goes-to-quickbar"},
And you need to change science pack names (technology/warehouses-technology.lua) as applicable to lines below:

{"automation-science-pack", 1},
{"logistic-science-pack", 1},
{"chemical-science-pack", 1},

BillNyetheSpy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by BillNyetheSpy »

nezrel wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:14 am
Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:50 am

Yes, you need to remove all instances of this line (buildings/warehouses.lua) :

flags = {"goes-to-quickbar"},
And you need to change science pack names (technology/warehouses-technology.lua) as applicable to lines below:

{"automation-science-pack", 1},
{"logistic-science-pack", 1},
{"chemical-science-pack", 1},
Yep those are a few examples. Ore Silos is the only one i had time to fix last night, which i believe was just changing/removing flags and version number.

I was working on processing, got all the flags and technology updated but havent fixed a couple other errors yet, maybe will later tonight

tehfreek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by tehfreek »

The Warehouses mod has just been updated (and augmented with the buffer warehouse), and I'm sure the Silos update is imminent. We can all go home (and thanks, Angel).

morfledouille
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by morfledouille »

It seems there's an issue with the new version of Angels Infinite Ores when playing with vanilla ores.
Mining times of most ores were updated in vanilla 0.17 from 2 down to 1 (part of that whole streamlining miner speed change). However that change isn't reflected in the infinite version of the ores when using the mod, causing the miners to effectively function at half speed.

brokenshakles
Inserter
Inserter

Post by brokenshakles »

Mr. Angel, despite the fact that the Angel's Refining submod has been updated to 0.17 (v10.0), it does not load! This is the last mod I need working to begin, I pray that you will address this early in the weekend.

Edit: More info!

Failed to loads mods: __angelsrefining__/data-updates.lua:3: __angelsrefining__/prototypes/refining-override.lua:33: bad argument #1 to 'insert' (table expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'insert'
__angelsrefining__/prototypes/refining-override.lua:33: in main chunk
[C]: in function 'require'
__angelsrefining__/data-update.lua:3: in main chunk
stack traceback:
__angelsrefining__/data-update.lua:3: in main chunk

Mods to be disabled:
angelsrefining

Sander_Bouwhuis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Sander_Bouwhuis »

@brokenshakles
I have the exact same problem.

I assume the mod developer is in the process of upgrading, so things will be in flux for a while.

brokenshakles
Inserter
Inserter

Post by brokenshakles »

I am presuming the same, but this seems critical priority, considering how central the refining stack is to angel's in general. Thanks for the second, it's always good to be able to replicate the problem with multiple parties.

Edit: Are you using Linux? I am, that may be a factor.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Warehouses are updated :)
entity279 wrote: ↑
Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:09 pm

Thanks. Incominging chocolate then. Factorio is literally unplayable without Angels' mods
xfir01 wrote: ↑
Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:29 pm

Just threw some chocolate in too. Thanks for the hours of fun!
You are insane, but thank you :)
brokenshakles wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:57 pm
I am presuming the same, but this seems critical priority, considering how central the refining stack is to angel's in general. Thanks for the second, it's always good to be able to replicate the problem with multiple parties.

Edit: Are you using Linux? I am, that may be a factor.
These errors will probably arise throughout the updating, I can't check and test all the cases and combinations you can use the mod in. Should be fixed.

Steppenwolf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Steppenwolf »

Hello Mr. Angel,

Failed to loads mods: __angelsrefining__/data-updates.lua:2: __angelsrefining__/prototypes/generation/angels-override-lua:208: attempt to index field 'ribbon-World' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'insert'
__angelsrefining__/prototypes/generation/angels-override-lua:208: in main chunk
__angelsrefining__/data-final-fixes.lua:2: in main chunk
stack traceback:
__angelsrefining__/data-final-fixes.lua:2: in main chunk

Mods to be disabled:
angelsrefining

I'm sorry I could not give a better message. :(

Edit: Now try to find the appropriate mod that causes this error message.
Edit II: I found the mod. It is the mod "geothermal generator" which has caused problems.
Last edited by Steppenwolf on Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

brokenshakles
Inserter
Inserter

Post by brokenshakles »

Wow! You are something else, the fix works. Thanks for getting back to us so promptly. Also, is Angel's Components and Tech still relevant? It hasnt seen an update in a while, and while it loads, I'm thinking it's deprecated.

BillNyetheSpy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by BillNyetheSpy »

brokenshakles wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:30 pm
Wow! You are something else, the fix works. Thanks for getting back to us so promptly. Also, is Angel's Components and Tech still relevant? It hasnt seen an update in a while, and while it loads, I'm thinking it's deprecated.
Next to the mod it says deprecated

Plus if i remember correctly it got added to one of the currnt gen mods

Return to β€œAngels Mods”