Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

drizzt90
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by drizzt90 »

This is the thread for the barreling bug

https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Arch666A ... ssion/9403

clampi
Inserter
Inserter

Post by clampi »

Hello Angel,

Here is the fix for angelsinfiniteores/localization-override.lua
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Arch666A ... sion/11699

Version 0.7.5 of angelsrefining does not work without petrochem because:
  • The recipe category "heavy-pump" is missing from angelsrefining
  • The item-subgroup "petrochem-well-head" is missing from angelsrefining. The item-group "petrochem-refining" must be also defined for this to work :)
  • The localization for heavy-pump item, entity, recipe and item-group must also be defined.

Recon777
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Recon777 »

The base game has changed the alt view storage contents overlay to be a specific size rather than a relative size. As a result, your warehouses show a teeny tiny overlay instead of the proper one they used to.

Factorissimo has also run into this, but in the latest version, the mod author fixed it. Could you do the same with your warehouses?

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I will ask a little silly question - where to find the angel's trigger options which Arch666Angel moved to petrochem mod?
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Arch666A ... spetrochem
Changelog:
-update to 0.15
-converted trigger mods to mod options
There're only 2 options in mod options in game menu:
1) Hide converter recipes
2) Enable acid overrides for refining recipes
I mean only angel trigger options for petrochem in 0.15 version
We had 6 angel triggers, so they useless for now? yes?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Layl
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Layl »

It seems that on the latest version of Angel's Chemical Processing (Petrochem), the Flare Stack and Clarifier often get stuck at 1 amount below what they need to process the incoming fluid/gas. This is causing stalls in my slag processing loop where I have to manually re-place the Flare Stack to fix it. Placing a pump in front of the flare stack seems to reduce but not eliminate the problem.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Layl wrote:It seems that on the latest version of Angel's Chemical Processing (Petrochem), the Flare Stack and Clarifier often get stuck at 1 amount below what they need to process the incoming fluid/gas. This is causing stalls in my slag processing loop where I have to manually re-place the Flare Stack to fix it. Placing a pump in front of the flare stack seems to reduce but not eliminate the problem.
I noticed this too, but I thought it was from updating to 0.15 and after replacing will unjam forever. If it keeps happening.... that is annoying.
Maybe the flare stack and clarifier should allow a overflow?

Angel, you fix on last version with the fluid handling technology, while fixing that issue, causes others!
Other mods bight be registering recipes on that technology, like FlowControl valves. Not sure if you should disable the technology... maybe disabling vanilla barreling might not be a good idea.

DwarvenZen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by DwarvenZen »

I am recieving this error after updating to 0.75. Everything else seems to be working perfectly, thanks for the wonderful mod.
angelsrefining.png
angelsrefining.png (26.82 KiB) Viewed 6737 times

fsponholz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by fsponholz »

That happened to me as well. Just further information I don't currently have Petrochem on.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

He seems to be without internet access so... maybe downgrade to the previous version available in the downloads separator, on the portal site if you want to play until he comes back

Mastercal40
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Mastercal40 »

Hi I'm running both angels and bobs mods and I found that after researching plastics (the tech that unlocks synthetic wood) normal wood could no longer be used to produce basic circuit boards (and their future items they are required for) in my inventory crafting as it says "not enough ingredients" indicating synthetic wood is required even when raw wood is available. The only way around this is to manually create wooden boards first using raw logs then these wooden boards can be used to make the basic circuit boards. As I'm sure you will realise it can be quite annoying not being able to build items in your inventory unless you do it in two stages. Please can you fix this?

Benzor
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Benzor »

I'm using Angel's Refining 0.7.5 and the ratios for the chemical refining are off.

In particular you still use the same amount as in 0.14 for every acid except sulfuric acid. So everything is off by factor 10

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Benzor wrote:I'm using Angel's Refining 0.7.5 and the ratios for the chemical refining are off.

In particular you still use the same amount as in 0.14 for every acid except sulfuric acid. So everything is off by factor 10
Could be worse since the proportion from the acid to the waste water is still correct. Imagine if the hydrofluoric acid was correct and the fluoric waste was the old value? :P

pederbonde
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by pederbonde »

Think i found a bug regarding petrochem enable acids.

in previus version enableacids is set to true by defaul by petrochems, later this have changed to a setting angels-enable-acids-override but this will never set enableacid to true

refining checks if enableacid is set to true or false, but i cant find that it is even declared somewhere.

it seems to work to change the row
else if angelsmods.petrochem.enableacids then
to
else if settings.startup["angels-enable-acid-override"].value then
to enable diffrent waste water from the flotation plant

water-treatment-override is never called anywhere so you need to require it somewhere and also change the check there to startup["angel... from enableacids.

im not sure if this is intended or not.maybe you wanted to disable acids for now. but the recipies seems to be there now if i start a new game. my old game wont get the water-treatment recipies

coolidge
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by coolidge »

Hello

If you don't use RSO (I didn't, I wanted to see how the railworld generated) you don't get gas wells generating. It took me a while to realize this, having not used angels petrochem before. Is there a way to generate them? I see a way on a wiki to generate regular crude wells, but when i tried with what i think it is called (gas-natural-1) it doesn't work. also tried gass-well, natural-gas-well, gas-natural-2... variety of things

Code: Select all

/c local position = nil
for i=1,9 do
	position = game.player.surface.find_non_colliding_position("gas-natural-1", game.player.position, 0, i/2+1.5)
	if position then 
		game.player.surface.create_entity({name="gas-natural-1", amount=5000, position=position})
	end
end

Thanks

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Gas wells are named "angels-natural-gas".
And it's strange that they don't spawn in vanilla - might be a bug somewhere.

coolidge
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by coolidge »

Thanks that worked. And yes, I think there is a bug with them not spawning without RSO.

damienreave
Inserter
Inserter

Post by damienreave »

Just for people having the Clarifier issue, I have no idea whats causing it, but having at least certain amount of pipe before the Clarifier (like 10+ ? I didn't test it rigorously) seems to fix it for now, as a work around.\
Mastercal40 wrote:Hi I'm running both angels and bobs mods and I found that after researching plastics (the tech that unlocks synthetic wood) normal wood could no longer be used to produce basic circuit boards (and their future items they are required for) in my inventory crafting as it says "not enough ingredients" indicating synthetic wood is required even when raw wood is available. The only way around this is to manually create wooden boards first using raw logs then these wooden boards can be used to make the basic circuit boards. As I'm sure you will realise it can be quite annoying not being able to build items in your inventory unless you do it in two stages. Please can you fix this?
That's a bug with vanilla Factorio involving anything that has multiple recipes leading to the same item. He can't fix it.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

damienreave wrote:Just for people having the Clarifier issue, I have no idea whats causing it, but having at least certain amount of pipe before the Clarifier (like 10+ ? I didn't test it rigorously) seems to fix it for now, as a work around.\
I notice this behaviour in a lot of other situations (the 99) and I think this might be a vanilla issue. Tanks that fill up only to 4999, pipes that fill up only to 99.... There might be a rounding error somewhere...
On one place, I solved the issue by putting a overflow valve before the clarifier. Somehow, only sending to the clarifier in slower amounts, since it only sends the overflow, seems to have fixed it.
But I am pretty sure that it might just be plain luck with the numbers and might not work in other situations. Or maybe... the small increments actually help avoiding the issue, same with your 10 pipes before the clarifier, making the propagation slower and only small amounts reaching the clarifier.

damienreave wrote:
Mastercal40 wrote:Hi I'm running both angels and bobs mods and I found that after researching plastics (the tech that unlocks synthetic wood) normal wood could no longer be used to produce basic circuit boards (and their future items they are required for) in my inventory crafting as it says "not enough ingredients" indicating synthetic wood is required even when raw wood is available. The only way around this is to manually create wooden boards first using raw logs then these wooden boards can be used to make the basic circuit boards. As I'm sure you will realise it can be quite annoying not being able to build items in your inventory unless you do it in two stages. Please can you fix this?
That's a bug with vanilla Factorio involving anything that has multiple recipes leading to the same item. He can't fix it.
pretty sure this happened in the past with copper cable when adding the smelting mod and somehow, he fixed it.

catpig
Inserter
Inserter

Post by catpig »

First of all, thanks for the great mods! Amazing how quickly you adapted them for 0.15.
I've also encountered the problem with the flare stack. In the meantime you can just use the gas venting pump from bobplates.

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

Autobarreling Feature is not working properly. Same issues as the Auto-barreler mod.

The inserters sometimes just hover above the pump with the barrel not inputting them in the machine like this: http://prntscr.com/f5puk8
That machine has these slots: http://prntscr.com/f5pupe

It is happening for both the auto-barreling and auto-unbarreling as sometimes the machine is empty and the inserters don't input the barrel on them to be unloaded as you can see here: http://prntscr.com/f5puzh

Even with filter inserters its not working: http://prntscr.com/f5pv4f

Rotating the inserters around makes them start working again but, I'm designing this factory to be automated so I can't be babysitting the inserters, it goes against the purpose of the save :/

This issue only happens with the auto-barreling feature of the mod, if I uncheck it and set the recipes manually, everything works fine.

Return to “Angels Mods”