Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Arch666Angel »

Exasperation provided a fixed version of his override functions and I did upload an update, hopefully that fixes the urgent issues for now.

There was an override to adjust for bobs cheaper steel, but that probably broke because of the conversion to mod options.

Catfight
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Catfight »

There's a bug in the petrochem mod where if you set the mod config to hide the conversion recipes, it doesn't do it.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Arch666Angel wrote:Exasperation provided a fixed version of his override functions and I did upload an update, hopefully that fixes the urgent issues for now.

There was an override to adjust for bobs cheaper steel, but that probably broke because of the conversion to mod options.
Just checked the changes Exasperation made and as I was expecting, I was just scratching the surface!

Thank you Exasperation for the quick fix :)

Yann20x
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Yann20x »

nagapito wrote:
Solution, angels refining mod, file prototypes\override-functions.lua, line 214, replace the whole adjust_recipe function for the following code:

Code: Select all

local function adjust_recipe (recipe, k) -- check a recipe for basic adjustments based on tables and make any necessary changes
   local function adjust_member (member, substitution_type)
      if recipe[member] then
         local new = substitution_table[substitution_type][recipe[member]]
         if new then
            recipe[member] = new
         end
      end
   end
   local function adjust_subtable (maintable, subtable, substitution_type)
      if maintable then
          local st = maintable[subtable]
          if st then
             for ix, item in pairs(st) do
                if not item.name then -- shift to uniform format for ease of handling
                   item.name = item[1]
                   item.type = "item"
                   item.amount = item[2]
                   item[1] = nil
                   item[2] = nil
                end
                local new = substitution_table[substitution_type][item.name or item[1]]
                if new then
                   if item.name then
                      item.name = new
                   else
                      item[1] = new
                   end
                end
             end
          end
      end
   end
   if recipe.category ~= "angels-converter" then -- leave converter recipes alone so we can still use them if necessary
      if recipe["ingredients"] then
        adjust_subtable(recipe, "ingredients", "recipe_items")
      end
      if recipe["normal"] then
        adjust_subtable(recipe["normal"], "ingredients", "recipe_items")
      end
      if recipe["expensive"] then
        adjust_subtable(recipe["expensive"], "ingredients", "recipe_items")
      end
      adjust_member("result", "recipe_items")
      adjust_subtable(recipe, "results", "recipe_items")
      adjust_member("main_product", "recipe_items")
      adjust_member("icon", "recipe_icons")
   end
end
Confirmed to work properly (for now). Thanks for providing a quick fix and taking off some pressure off Angel :) Good job!

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Yann20x wrote:
Confirmed to work properly (for now). Thanks for providing a quick fix and taking off some pressure off Angel :) Good job!
Dont use this. Its not complete, it was just a quick band-aid and Angel already released a new version with a proper and complete fix.

timer67
Inserter
Inserter

Post by timer67 »

http://imgur.com/a/zHgtw
Got this error after placing a heavy pump,
Dont know if its specifically to do with angels, or whether its cause i placed it using the creative mode mod.
Thought i'd post it either way

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

timer67 wrote:http://imgur.com/a/zHgtw
Got this error after placing a heavy pump,
Dont know if its specifically to do with angels, or whether its cause i placed it using the creative mode mod.
Thought i'd post it either way
This is a error from even distribution mod.
You running the latest version, 0.0.3? Looking at the changes seems to be addressing a similar issue.
If you are running the latest version, then better report the error to the 'even distribution' dev.

Exasperation
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Exasperation »

nagapito wrote:Just checked the changes Exasperation made and as I was expecting, I was just scratching the surface!

Thank you Exasperation for the quick fix :)
You're welcome, and hopefully I didn't miss (or mess up) any edge cases. But let me know if I did!

wodzu93
Inserter
Inserter

Post by wodzu93 »

Few bugs/issues and suggestions, using Angel's Refining 0.7.4, PetroChem 0.5.0, Smelting 0.3.0, Warehouses 0.2.0, no Bob's:

Refining:
- Seafloor Pump and Washing Machine 1-2 have no recipe
- Nodule Crystalization 1-2 recipes causes a crash (recipe has no output, Smelting mod detection is derpy)

PetroChem:
- Resin 1, Resin 2 and Rubber techs are dead-end with no benefits

Smelting:
Smelting-Vanilla.zip
(4.79 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
Modifications to make Smelting mod vanilla-friendly, does not interfere with non-vanilla:
- Disabled most techs
- Added proper recipes to machines
- Added recipes to Ore Processing Machine to convert iron/copper pebbles,nuggets and slag from Refining mod into Processed Iron/Copper
- Added tech dependencies for Metallurgy 2,3,4, Ore Processing 1,2,3
- Added Science Pack 3 and Production Science Pack requirements to later tech
- Removed Advanced Metallurgy techs
- Removed Chemical Furnace, Powder Mixer, Strand Casting Machine and Sintering Oven because there is no use for them

Warehouses:
- Breaks tech progression for Requesters and Active Providers (only blue science), either add logistics chest tech dependency, logistic chests ingredient in recipes or High-Tech Science Pack requirement to research
IT student that likes modding in his free time.

Shameless self-promotion:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =555765765
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =575758597

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

wodzu93 wrote:Few bugs/issues and suggestions, using Angel's Refining 0.7.4, PetroChem 0.5.0, Smelting 0.3.0, Warehouses 0.2.0, no Bob's:

Refining:
- Seafloor Pump and Washing Machine 1-2 have no recipe
- Nodule Crystalization 1-2 recipes causes a crash (recipe has no output, Smelting mod detection is derpy)

PetroChem:
- Resin 1, Resin 2 and Rubber techs are dead-end with no benefits
Seems to be an issue only for vanilla, everything works fine with bobs.
I also noticed that the seafloor pump is outputing at 60/s, shouldnt it be 600/s with the new metrics?
Pumping_speed at 10 instead of 1. Or 20 you you want a speed equal to vanilla offshore pump.

Enuo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Enuo »

Hey! Thanks for the mods! Anyhow, I'm a little to eager so I started a new 0.15 map with bobs / angels. Other than things you guys have been jumping on I noticed what I hope is a bug. With angle petrochem: the gas wells are fine at ~100/sec for an average well, but the multiphase oil wells are pumping ~1/sec with a mk 1 pumpjack, and scaling properly wiht mk 2. I've checked 4 patches, 100% seems to be bang on 1/sec. The recipes require 100 per cycle so 1/sec seems really off, especially with gas pumping at 100. Not really sure if its you, or bobs. Is anyone else seeing the same, or is this intentional?

Also posted o bob's.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Enuo wrote:Hey! Thanks for the mods! Anyhow, I'm a little to eager so I started a new 0.15 map with bobs / angels. Other than things you guys have been jumping on I noticed what I hope is a bug. With angle petrochem: the gas wells are fine at ~100/sec for an average well, but the multiphase oil wells are pumping ~1/sec with a mk 1 pumpjack, and scaling properly wiht mk 2. I've checked 4 patches, 100% seems to be bang on 1/sec. The recipes require 100 per cycle so 1/sec seems really off, especially with gas pumping at 100. Not really sure if its you, or bobs. Is anyone else seeing the same, or is this intentional?

Also posted o bob's.
Yeah my derp, forgot to update a line in petrochem. Will fix it tomorrow.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Enuo wrote:Hey! Thanks for the mods! Anyhow, I'm a little to eager so I started a new 0.15 map with bobs / angels. Other than things you guys have been jumping on I noticed what I hope is a bug. With angle petrochem: the gas wells are fine at ~100/sec for an average well, but the multiphase oil wells are pumping ~1/sec with a mk 1 pumpjack, and scaling properly wiht mk 2. I've checked 4 patches, 100% seems to be bang on 1/sec. The recipes require 100 per cycle so 1/sec seems really off, especially with gas pumping at 100. Not really sure if its you, or bobs. Is anyone else seeing the same, or is this intentional?

Also posted o bob's.
Yeah my derp, forgot to update a line in petrochem. Will fix it tomorrow.
Check the thermal waters extractors too. They seem to be lower then they should

Randonx
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Randonx »

I seem to be running into an issue. Ever since the Petrochem mod has been updated, my Storage Tank (mk1) has disappeared. I'm in a new game, and I have no research for Fluid Handling, the ability to build Storage Tanks, nor any research that has Storage Tank (Mk1). I do have Fluid Handling 2 as a research down the line, but without having the ability to make Storage Tank Mk1, I can't build the MK2s even when I research it eventually. It's got my game at a standstill. Any tips/ideas?

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Randonx wrote:I seem to be running into an issue. Ever since the Petrochem mod has been updated, my Storage Tank (mk1) has disappeared. I'm in a new game, and I have no research for Fluid Handling, the ability to build Storage Tanks, nor any research that has Storage Tank (Mk1). I do have Fluid Handling 2 as a research down the line, but without having the ability to make Storage Tank Mk1, I can't build the MK2s even when I research it eventually. It's got my game at a standstill. Any tips/ideas?
Comment line 112 in file prototypes/refining-override.lua inside agelsrefining.
Angels might not realized the full consequences of this at the time :P

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Angel, on refining mod, you are still using the the petrochem.enableacids 'trigger' instead of the new settings, so the outputs of the chunks dont get the acids changed

And the same on the make_converter recipe where it should hide the converter recipes

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

nagapito wrote:Angel, on refining mod, you are still using the the petrochem.enableacids 'trigger' instead of the new settings, so the outputs of the chunks dont get the acids changed

And the same on the make_converter recipe where it should hide the converter recipes
Well the problem is that the mod options dont work over all data phases as expected and I'm not sure if that is a bug or if I'm not understanding the system correctly ^^

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Arch666Angel wrote:
nagapito wrote:Angel, on refining mod, you are still using the the petrochem.enableacids 'trigger' instead of the new settings, so the outputs of the chunks dont get the acids changed

Well the problem is that the mod options dont work over all data phases as expected and I'm not sure if that is a bug or if I'm not understanding the system correctly ^^
Hmm are those startup settings?
If they are then something is wrong.
They should be available in all data phases.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

orzelek wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:

Hmm are those startup settings?
If they are then something is wrong.
They should be available in all data phases.
I think Angels means that the settings are on Petrochem mod but they are being used on Refining mod, that supposedly loads before Petrochem.
From my understanding, all settings are created before any mod prototype starts being loaded so they will be available.

With that thought, I changed the code on Refining to use the settings and voilá, all started working as expected :)

drizzt90
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by drizzt90 »

2 Big bugs.

Just installed the brand new 0.7.5 and it errors out like everything in my game when I start it. Put 0.7.4 back on and its fixed.

PLUS

This is still a major thing. I CANT bottle any gas, ferric fluid, or any of the normal fluids. There should be the vanilla barreling research and the Angels Barreling research. A few patches ago something in your mod overwrote all the vanilla barrels. The research for it is GONE. Please please please fix.

Return to “Angels Mods”