Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Patrick
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Patrick »

Hydrochloric Acid appears as an effect in Chlorine Processing 1 and in Chlorine Processing 2. Thus far I've been unable to tell the difference. Both require the same inputs and take the same amount of time.

Simcra
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Simcra »

Hi Arch666Angel,

I have encountered an issue with your Bio Processing, Refining, Petrochem and Smelting mods. When bobplates is installed without bobelectronics the game fails to start due to missing items, the following items are introduced by bob electronics and should have a separate optional dependency/if-else clause wherever they are used in override recipes:
- basic-circuit-board
- wooden-board
- advanced-processing-unit
- phenolic-board
- fibreglass-board

Kind Regards,
Simcra

Spikeyhog
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Spikeyhog »

I am unsure how to obtain "Concentrated mud water", required for "Solid limestone" and cannot seem to find any recipes for it.

I am using angelsrefining 0.6.13.
All mods (bob's and angel's mods) were installed from in-game.

Many thanks in advance.

ZEUS1629
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ZEUS1629 »

Spikeyhog wrote:I am unsure how to obtain "Concentrated mud water", required for "Solid limestone" and cannot seem to find any recipes for it.

I am using angelsrefining 0.6.13.
All mods (bob's and angel's mods) were installed from in-game.

Many thanks in advance.
concentrated mud water is a waste product, thats why you cant find the recipe(the biggest flaw with bobs and angels)

The tech path you are looking for is under the "water treatment" tab. You want to use a sea floor pump to pump up mud water, which is put into a washing plant to make nodules+concentrated mud water. If you are like me and only want the concentrated mud water to make limestone, ive simply put up a 1 to 1 to 1 process that makes nodules(box up the nodules for now as they are used to make chrome and manganese later) then limestone. use the extra dirt from limestone production to make landfill as i dont really sea others uses for dirt at the moment and you need landfill anyway.

Greatest advice for playing these mods is everytime you get a new building, build it. and simply look and the recipes available and try to make what you dont recognize.

Spikeyhog
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Spikeyhog »

Many thanks Zeus! I wish the search in the crafting window searched inputs/outputs as well as just the recipe name...

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Just noticed that overdrive engines don't work in the Angel's logistics trains for some reason. That would be most useful in keeping it up to par with Mk3 bob trains.

Also, I noticed that AAI vehicles can use the equipment grid to power itself, by placing a reactor in the grid it doesn't need coal to function. Is this possible with the trains as well?

Neenuvar
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Neenuvar »

Just updated Angel's Logistic, excited about the improvement. It seems to me, however, that it is impossible to craft the "Big chest" as a component for all other logistic chests. Also in the "Big Storage Chest" nomenclature seems to be a mistake.

quenenni
Inserter
Inserter

Post by quenenni »

quenenni wrote: - And I'm stuck now :) I went to fix the tungsten part and I have to use a new building, the sintering oven.
I don't know why but I only have the Mk4 available. I researched the 3 other versions, but I don't see them.
Is there a terminal command I can use to fix that?
orka wrote:In the smelting mod (vers. 0.2.3) missing the first two sintering furnaces ... have only the Mk3 and 4 which one can not build without the two first
It's definitively a bad bug as I noticed later on that I was missing also the pellet press mk3 & mk4 and the ore processing mk4.
Difficult to know where this bug comes from as I have > 100 mods active atm.

But I checked the lua language and found a solution.
It's in 2 parts. 2 scripts to execute into the console.

!!!!!Important!!!!!
Be aware that as soon as you execute a script in the console, the achievement thingy will be disable (I personally don't care).
https://wiki.factorio.com/Console#Scrip ... t_commands

To execute a script, just copy / paste the lines in the console. The console will takes all the lines and put it into 1 line, so no worry about having several lines in 1 script.
  • Find the right internal name for the recipe.
    To do that, change the text 'txt_2_look_for' to what you're looking for (ie: I wanted to activate the sintering ovens mk1, mk2 & mk3, so I just put sintering and the script shows you all the recipes that have sintering in the name) and execute it.

Code: Select all

/c local t=game.player.force.recipes
    local search="txt_2_look_for"
    for k in pairs(t) do
    if string.match(k, ".*" .. search .. ".*") then
    game.player.print(k)
    end
    end

• Once you found the right of the recipe, replace the 'name_of_the_recipe' with it and execute the script:

Code: Select all

/c game.player.force.recipes["name_of_the_recipe"].enabled = true
I hope maybe someone who likes to mod should use this to make a graphical interface to search and select the recipes (or technologies) that didn't activate correctly.

Ho.. and If you want to search with several words (ie: because the output with 1 word is too long), just separate them with a .* (ie: sintering.*oven)

credomane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by credomane »

Blast furnance MK2 uses a Chemical Furnace MK1 in the recipe. Pretty sure it should take a Blast Furnace MK1 instead.

electricOzone
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by electricOzone »

When setting circuit conditions and item filters, the empty barrel is missing. Therefore, I can't set circuit conditions based on empty barrels, or pull only empty barrels out of storage, for example. I'm on the latest version of all Angel's and Bob's mods.

Muki
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Muki »

credomane wrote:Blast furnance MK2 uses a Chemical Furnace MK1 in the recipe. Pretty sure it should take a Blast Furnace MK1 instead.
+1 (in smelting-entity-bob.lua l179)

thanks.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Recipe of the chemical furnace is duplicated 4 times - from mk1 to mk4
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

aklesey1 wrote:Recipe of the chemical furnace is duplicated 4 times - from mk1 to mk4
You sure you have the latest version?

Mine are diferent

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Still cant craft flare stacks with handy hands on the 0.4.9 version

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

nagapito wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:Recipe of the chemical furnace is duplicated 4 times - from mk1 to mk4
You sure you have the latest version?

Mine are diferent
Angel's Smelting beta 0.2.4 from mod portal, but they're duplicating only in technology window, there is only one recipe in crafting menu
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

wodzu93
Inserter
Inserter

Post by wodzu93 »

Quick notes, using Angel's Refining 0.7.0, no bob's (obviously), Factorio version 0.15.2

1. Fluid Barreling tech is completely redundant, as vanilla now automatically adds modded fluid barreling recipes to Fluid Handling tech.
2. Water Treatment 3 is a dead end tech with no benefits (used in Petrochem probably). Disabling it so it doesn't show up in the tech tree would be nice.
3. Thermal Water Extractor has no liquid output and immiedately voids extracted Mineral Water. Fissure depletion rate is alarmingly high as well.
4. Thermal Refining and Advanced Ore Refining 4 techs used purple science packs in 0.14, are Production Science Packs ommited for now on purpose, or is it an oversight?
IT student that likes modding in his free time.

Shameless self-promotion:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =555765765
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =575758597

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

wodzu93 wrote:Quick notes, using Angel's Refining 0.7.0, no bob's (obviously), Factorio version 0.15.2

1. Fluid Barreling tech is completely redundant, as vanilla now automatically adds modded fluid barreling recipes to Fluid Handling tech.
2. Water Treatment 3 is a dead end tech with no benefits (used in Petrochem probably). Disabling it so it doesn't show up in the tech tree would be nice.
3. Thermal Water Extractor has no liquid output and immiedately voids extracted Mineral Water. Fissure depletion rate is alarmingly high as well.
4. Thermal Refining and Advanced Ore Refining 4 techs used purple science packs in 0.14, are Production Science Packs ommited for now on purpose, or is it an oversight?
Thanks for the heads-up
1. Undecided yet which version is better to use, vanilla recipes are unsorted, barrels are only marked through color.
2. done
3. fixed
4. Need to play myself first, but will probably be the way to go

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

I personally dislike the vanilla barrels for Angels, mainly due to the fact the colors are very similar and you have no choice but to mouse over them for the tooltip saying what it is.

When petrochem is released, there's going to be a lot of near identical barrels, especially in the green and blue hues. This is going to be annoying to say the least.

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

Angel if you're open to suggestions of how to deal with science packs (at least for the beginning until you have time to properly balance it), I'd suggest that Mk1 machine technologies should take red and green science packs, Mk2 should take red green and blue, Mk3 take red green blue and purple, and Mk4 take red green blue purple and yellow. That might not be a perfect balance (and I know it won't apply to every tech node) but it should be pretty good starting point until you play through your entire tech tree yourself to work out the balancing.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

So, about still V14 and the crawler...

The crawler does not like at all concrete lampposts. On some angles, when you hit them, the crawler just explodes, even with a lot of shields. Maybe the concrete impact resistance (90%) is causing it... I dont understand since a normal car doesnt have any issues. And even the crawler, if it goes fully against it, with the pole on the center of the crawler, it takes some damage but nothing significantly. Only when hit on the corner of the crawler it explodes. Lost so many of of them and items.... And maybe the storage size is just a tad too big... no reason to need 768. 150, 200 should be more then enough and more balanced.

About v15
eloquentJane wrote:Angel if you're open to suggestions of how to deal with science packs (at least for the beginning until you have time to properly balance it), I'd suggest that Mk1 machine technologies should take red and green science packs, Mk2 should take red green and blue, Mk3 take red green blue and purple, and Mk4 take red green blue purple and yellow. That might not be a perfect balance (and I know it won't apply to every tech node) but it should be pretty good starting point until you play through your entire tech tree yourself to work out the balancing.
I kinda agree with this but, with a major overhaul on smelting mod. Currently, science is cheap, so there is no reason to even build the initial smelting stages just to rebuild them for a more efficient way. Player will just zap to last technologies level and build the most efficient one.

But, having the research being expensive is also annoying since you research a tier, build your factory and later you research another tier and kinda dismantle the previous setup to use the new more efficient one. Smelting new technologies should not give different and more efficient ways of obtaining the plates. They should instead expand the process of producing them.

More like Tier 1 gives step A and F with an efficiency of 120%, tier 2, gives step B and C with a final efficiency of 150% and tier 3 gives steps D and E with a final efficiency of 200% (all values are just examples). Currently its more like tier 1 gives ABCD, tier 2 gives a different BC and tier 3 gives another different BC or CD which has no practical use with cheap science and is annoying with expensive science.

New research should expand current processing tree with more intermediary and efficient steps, not replace them with completely new. This might force to change some of the processes so that they arent that realistic but I think its worth it and would make more much sense and would be more enjoyable.

Return to “Angels Mods”