Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by nagapito »

Arch666Angel wrote:
nagapito wrote:Dont know when this started to happen but probably with the increase of production of the compressed air, now we can make a close loop with compressed air to nitrogen and nitrogen to compressed air.

Compressed air gives 5 nitrogen and 5 oxygen but you only need 4 nitrogen and 6 oxygen to receive the 20 compressed air which can be converted back to 10 nitrogen and 10 oxygen....
Which mod add the nitrogen to compressed air recipe?
And the recipe is not available anymore....
I think I updated some mods since then, so maybe it was some bug that was fixed.

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

SHiRKiT wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:The productivity trigger only works for the refining recipes at the moment, I have to write up a function to add productivity for the petrochem recipes and dont think it really hurts there, because you have to deal with so much stuff aside from the main product you want.
Did you end up writting it? I'm still waiting for being able to ramp up my plastic and battery production.
Hello Angel! =]

Any plans on having Petrochem recipes with productivity? Actually, on any other of your mods? Some of those recipes out there should have productivity enabled on them.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Refining --0.6.12
-updated icons to match new plates in smelting
-increased output of manganese and chrome
-disabled sand recipe (no use as of yet)
-enabled productivity for all recipes in ore-sorting-facilities and crystallizers
Smelting has productivity enabled for everything that comes out of the casting machine/sintering oven/strand casting machine

Petrochem I'm working on

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Hello,

what's new with Petrotrain? There is an update but no change log.

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

steinio wrote:Hello,

Greetings steinio
Just some internal stuff I have changed, so the recipes for the petro locos will pop up in the angels logistic tab if you use the logistic mod

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Arch666Angel wrote:
steinio wrote:Hello,

Greetings steinio
Just some internal stuff I have changed, so the recipes for the petro locos will pop up in the angels logistic tab if you use the logistic mod
Thank you.

View unread Posts

Keridos
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Keridos »

Quick question: I think i might have updated from a 0.1 version to 0.2.3 of angels smelting. Now my smelters are broken and I cannot set any recipe on them, is there a way to fix that or will I have to reload the save without Angels smelting and then again with it to clear all buildings?

CTSCommando
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by CTSCommando »

CTSCommando wrote:There appears to be a problem with the last few versions of Angel's Refining. While it doesn't list Bob's Logistics as a requirement, the "washing-plant" and "washing-plant-2" recipies require "steel-pipe", which is only available in Bob's Logistics.

We were playing a game without Bob's Logistics and updated Angel's Refining to the latest version, and it immediately errored and prevented us from loading Factorio. After some messing around we reinstalled an older version of Angel's Refining (0.6.7 or 0.6.8 I believe) and the problem disappeared.

Please could you take a look? Ideally we don't want to run to have to run Bob's Logistics if it can be avoided. If it can't be avoided then it should probably be listed as a required mod to prevent Factorio from crashing when it's not installed.
FYI, still appears to be a problem in 0.6.12 from what I can see in the refining-entity-bob.lua file.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Hello Angel,

i installed your last smelting mod becausei must update anyway in the near future but now all plate setups need limestone.
Is this intended as i don't know what limestone has to do with smelting iron.

Greetings steinio

View unread Posts

Resand
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Resand »

Zelenka wrote:I'm not sure if this is a bug or intentional, but I can't seem to locate the recipe to barrel Liquid Fuel anymore after all the barreling was consolidated to the Barreling and Fluid Handling tab.
Hell, I can't really find any use for liquid fuel.
You can still turn fuel oil to solid fuel or gas, but liquid fuel seems like a dead end

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

steinio wrote: Is this intended as i don't know what limestone has to do with smelting iron.
The need for limestone is definitely intentional, and it's related to real smelting. Limestone is used as a flux, which is a substance that helps to remove impurities in the smelting process. I'm not sure how you obtain it in the new versions of Angel's mods (I suspect using the seafloor pump), but it's definitely supposed to be used in smelting.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

eloquentJane wrote:
steinio wrote: Is this intended as i don't know what limestone has to do with smelting iron.
The need for limestone is definitely intentional, and it's related to real smelting. Limestone is used as a flux, which is a substance that helps to remove impurities in the smelting process. I'm not sure how you obtain it in the new versions of Angel's mods (I suspect using the seafloor pump), but it's definitely supposed to be used in smelting.
ok, thank you

View unread Posts

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Resand wrote:
Zelenka wrote:I'm not sure if this is a bug or intentional, but I can't seem to locate the recipe to barrel Liquid Fuel anymore after all the barreling was consolidated to the Barreling and Fluid Handling tab.
You can still turn fuel oil to solid fuel or gas, but liquid fuel seems like a dead end
Liquid fuel 'barreled' in a empty canister. Its on the bob's fluids tab.

And the Liquid fuel canister has a burning value of 150MJ, so its a nice the best (and always has been) burning source, much better then converting it into solid fuel, even with the plastic requiring

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

nagapito wrote:
Resand wrote:

And the Liquid fuel canister has a burning value of 150MJ, so its a nice the best (and always has been) burning source, much better then converting it into solid fuel, even with the plastic requiring
I might have removed the liquid fuel recipe unintentionally when I disabled bobs barreling tech. ups.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Arch666Angel wrote:
nagapito wrote:
Resand wrote:

I might have removed the liquid fuel recipe unintentionally when I disabled bobs barreling tech. ups.
It's still there.

I just don't think it was common knowledge. As far as people know, the barreling and plastic canisters were just for transport, so it never occurs to you that you could burn a plastic container full of liquid fuel. Same as those who found out that you could burn small electric poles and wooden boxes after 700 hours of gameplay. It never occurred to them that it's still made of wood and thus can be burned.

It's just weird to have a plastic container being burned with the fuel still inside of it. However this just shows that one needs to keep an eye on fuel values when new items are added, as it may come with a surprise such as this.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Light wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:
nagapito wrote:
Resand wrote:

It's still there.

I just don't think it was common knowledge. As far as people know, the barreling and plastic canisters were just for transport, so it never occurs to you that you could burn a plastic container full of liquid fuel. Same as those who found out that you could burn small electric poles and wooden boxes after 700 hours of gameplay. It never occurred to them that it's still made of wood and thus can be burned.

It's just weird to have a plastic container being burned with the fuel still inside of it. However this just shows that one needs to keep an eye on fuel values when new items are added, as it may come with a surprise such as this.

Wait, what!?!?!
I can burn wooden boxes!??!?!?!

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

I have an idea. Maybe a solution to the liquid fuel canister problem (wherein you have to burn the plastic canisters) would be to instead add a new type of mid-game steam boiler that uses liquids as fuel instead of solids. That way you could burn liquid fuel directly - or maybe there could even be some added processes to increase the fuel value of liquid fuel, if it would make sense to do so.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

eloquentJane wrote:I have an idea. Maybe a solution to the liquid fuel canister problem (wherein you have to burn the plastic canisters) would be to instead add a new type of mid-game steam boiler that uses liquids as fuel instead of solids. That way you could burn liquid fuel directly - or maybe there could even be some added processes to increase the fuel value of liquid fuel, if it would make sense to do so.
Being a fuel item has far more practical and useful applications, even if it does eat the plastic container. This alone increases the value of fuel oil due to its versatility for use in things like trains, boilers, inserters, or several dozen mods that use burner technology.

Klonan has also made a mod that creates diesel using fuel oil and performs the same function as your suggestion, using a new entity to burn diesel for power. Bob's steam engines blow it out of the water though.

The_Destroyer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by The_Destroyer »

So... loaders don't work on trains? Intentional?

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

The_Destroyer wrote:Image

So... loaders don't work on trains? Intentional?
Yes. It's not implemented in the game itself.

Greetings steinio

View unread Posts

Return to “Angels Mods”