Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

JoeWhizer
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by JoeWhizer »

ukezi wrote:It is a known bug. apparently if there are multiple recipes for something, the game tries only the latests. you can however craft wood(boards) per hand and then auto craft anything that has wood in it.
Okay, thanks for the answer. Hopefully it gets fixed with 0.15 then. I find this really annoying :D

NerArth
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Infinite Ores?

Post by NerArth »

Hi, I have the following mods installed, and I'm not being able to find any infinite ore on our 56h save (which was started with all these mods):
Copied from the mod-list.json
In Angel's Infinite Ores config, the values are as follows:
config.lua
My question is, should I be finding the infinite ores at all without RSO installed? We don't really have any resource problems, but I felt a bit sad that I put in the infinite ores mod just for their appearance and I haven't seen a single infinite ore... :c

Advice appreciated, thank you.

Edit: I should add that we have gone far beyond the starting area. (At least I believe so...?) See this image, if it helps.

crysanja
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by crysanja »

Hi,
its not realy a bug, but Urea(-gas) is a solid. =)
Melting point 133 to 135 °C (271 to 275 °F; 406 to 408 K)
When its heated to about 150 °C it just breaks apart, so there is no urea gas at all.

mediocretes
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mediocretes »

Molten aluminum in smelting seems to require manganese, which I can't get... I removed the requirement from angels smelting and bobsagnelthon in my local install, but an official update to remove that requirement would be great!

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

mediocretes wrote:Molten aluminum in smelting seems to require manganese, which I can't get... I removed the requirement from angels smelting and bobsagnelthon in my local install, but an official update to remove that requirement would be great!
Bobsangelthon is responsible for that addition to the recipe, as it's not in Angels default recipe.

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

Angel's won't start when I try to launch solo. This is the error I get:

Code: Select all

Error in assignID, resource-category with name 'angels-fissure' does not exist.
Here's the mods enabled:

"name": "angelstrigger-infiniteores-disablersomode",
"name": "angelsrefining",
"name": "angelsaddons-oresilos",
"name": "angelsaddons-warehouses",

According to the dependencies, these are playable but they're not fully standalone.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Mylon wrote:Angel's won't start when I try to launch solo. This is the error I get:

Here's the mods enabled:

According to the dependencies, these are playable but they're not fully standalone.
You have the trigger mod for infinite ores without infinite ores. It might look playable but it won't work - dependency is not visible since it's other way around. Inifnite ores has dependency on trigger mod since it needs it loaded first. So trigger mod can't be dependant on infinite ores itself.

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

orzelek wrote:
Mylon wrote:Angel's won't start when I try to launch solo. This is the error I get:

Here's the mods enabled:

You have the trigger mod for infinite ores without infinite ores. It might look playable but it won't work - dependency is not visible since it's other way around. Inifnite ores has dependency on trigger mod since it needs it loaded first. So trigger mod can't be dependant on infinite ores itself.
I disabled these mods one by one and kept trying, starting with disabling angelstrigger, then oresilos, then warehouses. Even with angelsrefining as the only Angel mod, it still won't start.

mediocretes
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mediocretes »

Light wrote:
mediocretes wrote:Molten aluminum in smelting seems to require manganese, which I can't get... I removed the requirement from angels smelting and bobsagnelthon in my local install, but an official update to remove that requirement would be great!
Bobsangelthon is responsible for that addition to the recipe, as it's not in Angels default recipe.
You are correct, I did not look hard enough. The recipe comes from Angel's smelting, but is disabled there (presumably because it does not work). Sorry for barking up the wrong tree!

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Mylon wrote:
orzelek wrote:

Here's the mods enabled:

I disabled these mods one by one and kept trying, starting with disabling angelstrigger, then oresilos, then warehouses. Even with angelsrefining as the only Angel mod, it still won't start.
You need angelsinfiniteores.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I hesitate to ask, but as about manganese and its production, it is very interesting where we will use this metal? Arch666angel?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Arch666Angel may ask some wishes about angel smelting mod?
Is it possible to overhaul bob lead oxide to ur lead oxide from smelting mod if smelting mod installed? I want that it was compatible to the recipe "advanced lead processing with silver ore" - so i'll have way to use my big amounts of nickel and i can get many silver ore to get more substrate dish from bio processing mod

And yes i don't know where to use big amount of nickel except as for invar and nitinol

The same can be turned with alumina - for now we have alumina from bob mod and alumina from smelting mod
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

ARADPLAUG
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ARADPLAUG »

This really bothers me, is it intentional or an oversight?
Attachments
Fix.PNG
Fix.PNG (228.17 KiB) Viewed 5782 times

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

ARADPLAUG wrote:This really bothers me, is it intentional or an oversight?
Intentional, because it wont work that way :D the ratio is 5:5 from air-separation but 6:4 for the dioxide recipe.

crysanja
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by crysanja »

There is two types of alumina.

One is produced in a furnece (bobs mods), and one is produced in youre smelting mod. They should be the same item.
Funny your ceramic fliters use the "old" bobs version of it.

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

ARADPLAUG wrote:This really bothers me, is it intentional or an oversight?
Just offset the two rows by two tiles and divert excess gas to somewhere else.

Psawhn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Psawhn »

I think there's an error or typo in the Coke + (petroleum) -> Solid Fuel recipes. For example, 1 Coke + 15 Naphtha -> 1 Solid Fuel (25 MJ). But the naphtha can be turned directly into solid fuel at a 2:1 ratio, so by itself it's worth 187.5 MJ, not including the 5 MJ worth of Coke. I think it looks like it's supposed to yield 10 solid fuel or use up 1.5 units of their respective type of petroleum. (Although fuel oil converts to solid fuel at a 1:1 ratio, so even at 10 times yield rate it's not worth it.)

The original solid fuel recipies appear modified just once from the original [base > angelspetrochem] and the coke + (petroleum) recipes are [angelspetrochem]. I'm using petrochem + bob's, but without bioprocessing or smelting,

Northgate
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Northgate »

Playing with Bobs and Angels there are 2 types of Rubber. One from Bob's which is used to make insulated wires and one from Petrochem made with Styrene and Butadiene which according to What is it used for? isn't used for anything.

What is the purpose of that Petrochem Rubber?

FYI: I'm not on the latest version of Petrochem still in an ongoing game.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Northgate wrote:Playing with Bobs and Angels there are 2 types of Rubber. One from Bob's which is used to make insulated wires and one from Petrochem made with Styrene and Butadiene which according to What is it used for? isn't used for anything.

What is the purpose of that Petrochem Rubber?

FYI: I'm not on the latest version of Petrochem still in an ongoing game.
The Petrochem recipe also yields the bob kind of rubber, at least it should be :D I'm watching your YT series and really enjoying them, keep up the work!

Northgate
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Northgate »

Ohh thanks! I hope I haven't cursed you too much already. :D

Regarding the Rubber: I haven't tested the recipe yet but the icon is different to the one in bobs and that usually indicates that it's actually something different.

Return to “Angels Mods”