Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

wormzjl
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by wormzjl »

Peppe wrote:
wormzjl wrote:It seems that using bob's mod carbon is needed very early to product T1 circuits
However with angels petrochemicals, the original carbon is overwritten and I'm unable to make it when needed
Is this a bug?
Carbon in angels can be made in two basic liquifiers.
test
Strange...I didn't get that coal processing tech
Edit: oh just found it..that color

keryja
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by keryja »

• Mod: Angel's Refining
  • Version: 0.4.0
  • Other mods used: Angel's Infinite Ores
Error:

Code: Select all

Error in assignID, recipe with name 'angels-water-void-green-waste' does not exist

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

seems there are some dependency issues.

fresh install of game(0.14.13) with angel mods only (all except processing, which is incompatible with 0.14)

Error in assignID, fluid with name 'gas-natural-1' does not exist. 
imo you should avoid adding resources to processing mods, and add resources instead to resource mod (infiniteores), and make processing mod dependant on it.
what you did with gas effectively creates circular reference (petrochem requires infinite ores to spawn gas patch, but gas patch produces fluid, that is defined in petrochem)

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

any way to run angels mod only game (eg. without bobs? seems even if i fix problem with gas and few other, i still run into dependency problems, atm. it fails when loading petrochem, because of missing liquifier recipe, although i addedd refining as petrochem dependency, so it is loaded before petrochem (at least log says so)

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Peppe »

mexmer wrote:any way to run angels mod only game (eg. without bobs? seems even if i fix problem with gas and few other, i still run into dependency problems, atm. it fails when loading petrochem, because of missing liquifier recipe, although i addedd refining as petrochem dependency, so it is loaded before petrochem (at least log says so)
Isn't liquifier in smelting? Or is it in both and moves to smelting tab when both are installed?

The minimum set of Bob's with all of angels that I got to work was: ores, plates, library, electronics, and assembly.

I have tech, revamp, enemies, and logistics as optional mods. Though enemies may now be required for bio processing. I added/use logistics because it was required in the first version and without it there isn't really much to build with Bob's materials.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Peppe wrote:
mexmer wrote:any way to run angels mod only game (eg. without bobs? seems even if i fix problem with gas and few other, i still run into dependency problems, atm. it fails when loading petrochem, because of missing liquifier recipe, although i addedd refining as petrochem dependency, so it is loaded before petrochem (at least log says so)
Isn't liquifier in smelting? Or is it in both and moves to smelting tab when both are installed?

The minimum set of Bob's with all of angels that I got to work was: ores, plates, library, electronics, and assembly.

I have tech, revamp, enemies, and logistics as optional mods. Though enemies may now be required for bio processing. I added/use logistics because it was required in the first version and without it there isn't really much to build with Bob's materials.
liquifier is not in smelting, it's in refining, but moves to smelting tab, depending on mods installed.

also before petrochem and smelting, it was possible to run angels on vanilla, eg. without other mods, just full set of angels. atm. it's not possible to load angels without few bob mods.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

mexmer wrote:
Peppe wrote:

liquifier is not in smelting, it's in refining, but moves to smelting tab, depending on mods installed.

also before petrochem and smelting, it was possible to run angels on vanilla, eg. without other mods, just full set of angels. atm. it's not possible to load angels without few bob mods.
You can still run infinite ores and refining in vanilla mode. All other mods wont run with vanilla and require some part of bobs, but with petrochem the dependencies are listed even in the mod description:
PetroChems changes and adds Oil and Gas processing to a bobmods game, as well as a more complex web of chemical producation. Includes overrides and tie ins to bobs technologies and recipes. Depedencies: Full Bobs, Angels Refining and InfiniteOres
Petrochem in particular doesnt make much of a sense without bobs because you dont need all the chemicals and added recipes.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

keryja wrote:
Error:

Error in assignID, recipe with name 'angels-water-void-green-waste' does not exist
Fixing it for 0.4.1
mexmer wrote:seems there are some dependency issues.

fresh install of game(0.14.13) with angel mods only (all except processing, which is incompatible with 0.14)

imo you should avoid adding resources to processing mods, and add resources instead to resource mod (infiniteores), and make processing mod dependant on it.
what you did with gas effectively creates circular reference (petrochem requires infinite ores to spawn gas patch, but gas patch produces fluid, that is defined in petrochem)
All the resources are in infinite ores, all the necessary items/fluids in the corresponding mod. And that's how the load order is, add item/fluid, add resource.

MrFreohr
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MrFreohr »

HI,
I updated Refining and Petrochem to their last version (0.4.0 and 0.2.0 respectively) but the new water-waste purification recipes (Nitric waste and Hydrochloric Waste) don't show up, either in my recipes list or on the Purifier building.
I tried

/c game.player.force.reset_recipes()
and

/c game.player.force.reset_technologies()
but nothing additionnal showed up.
Any ideas?

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Arch666Angel wrote:
keryja wrote:
Error:

Fixing it for 0.4.1

All the resources are in infinite ores, all the necessary items/fluids in the corresponding mod. And that's how the load order is, add item/fluid, add resource.
but order seems to be alphabetical, unless altered by dependencies.
so, since infiteore loads before petrochem -> there goes your error.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

mexmer wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:
keryja wrote:
Error:

Fixing it for 0.4.1

No it doesn't, since infinite ores has a dependency on petrochem.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Arch666Angel wrote:
mexmer wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:
keryja wrote:
Error:

Fixing it for 0.4.1

No it doesn't, since infinite ores has a dependency on petrochem.
that's kinda weird, i got error with gas today morning.

i see you updated your mod like hour ago, so i will check again, and let you know, if there is still problem.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Mod list? Like I said anything else than refining and infinite ores needs bobsmods to run, or else it will throw an error.

Crios
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Crios »

MrFreohr wrote:HI,
I updated Refining and Petrochem to their last version (0.4.0 and 0.2.0 respectively) but the new water-waste purification recipes (Nitric waste and Hydrochloric Waste) don't show up, either in my recipes list or on the Purifier building.
I tried

/c game.player.force.reset_recipes()
and

/c game.player.force.reset_technologies()
but nothing additionnal showed up.
Any ideas?
I had the same issue, so what I did was input the command

/c game.player.force.technologies['water-treatment'].researched=false
This turns off the researched tech, then do the same command again but put in true, and it puts in the new updates to the tech.

Crios
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Crios »

Also, maybe I'm missing something, or perhaps it's not released yet, but bio processing allows us to filter the air for alien tech correct? I don't seem to have that asset or maybe I'm not noticing where it is. I'd like to start farming the small pink alien artifacts for the pink catalysts, but I have a feeling it's not implemented yet and I'm stuck to killing aliens around the base.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Arch666Angel wrote:Mod list? Like I said anything else than refining and infinite ores needs bobsmods to run, or else it will throw an error.
well, now it's working.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Crios wrote:Also, maybe I'm missing something, or perhaps it's not released yet, but bio processing allows us to filter the air for alien tech correct? I don't seem to have that asset or maybe I'm not noticing where it is. I'd like to start farming the small pink alien artifacts for the pink catalysts, but I have a feeling it's not implemented yet and I'm stuck to killing aliens around the base.
The older mod known as Angel's Processing contains the bio-processing aspect.
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Arch666A ... processing

However, since Angel has planned to separate the mod quite some time ago, you'll need to update the file for 0.14.
The reason for the delay according to Angel in the comments 2 weeks ago, is artwork related. Not sure if that's still the case, but it should hopefully be ready soon.

Anyhow, if you want to play around with the older mod to get a possible idea of what to expect going in, I'd say to give it a try.
Just take note that air filtering for spores doesn't exist in it, as you need at least 1 small artifact to get going. You must also disable the new bio-processing or you can't create the substrate dishes needed to generate artifacts.

Then you can remove it when the new bio-processing is complete, so you no longer have to run around hunting biters while waiting.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Light wrote:
Crios wrote:Also, maybe I'm missing something, or perhaps it's not released yet, but bio processing allows us to filter the air for alien tech correct? I don't seem to have that asset or maybe I'm not noticing where it is. I'd like to start farming the small pink alien artifacts for the pink catalysts, but I have a feeling it's not implemented yet and I'm stuck to killing aliens around the base.

However, since Angel has planned to separate the mod quite some time ago, you'll need to update the file for 0.14.
The reason for the delay according to Angel in the comments 2 weeks ago, is artwork related. Not sure if that's still the case, but it should hopefully be ready soon.

Anyhow, if you want to play around with the older mod to get a possible idea of what to expect going in, I'd say to give it a try.
Just take note that air filtering for spores doesn't exist in it, as you need at least 1 small artifact to get going. You must also disable the new bio-processing or you can't create the substrate dishes needed to generate artifacts.

Then you can remove it when the new bio-processing is complete, so you no longer have to run around hunting biters while waiting.
guess you mixed some info. processing mod was discontinued in favor of new mod smelting, there will be no processing mod for 0.14, and also it should not be used together with smelting.

https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Arch666A ... lssmelting

poetter
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Salt recipe missing

Post by poetter »

Hi there,

First of all thx Angel for your awesome mods. Made factorio much more enjoyable.

I am 78h in an Bobs&Angels playthrough. My mods were always updated since I started it a couple of weeks ago. Here is a list of my mods:
Modlist
I'm am not sure if the salt recipe ever showed up or not, but it is missing now and it is kind a hard to geht Chlorine only from Saline Water Electrolysis. Has anyone an Idea, what happen to the recipe?

Thx

Edit: Looking at the angels-petrochem-override.lua this behaviour seems intentional. I cary on in the discussions thread then, as this seems to be no bug.
Last edited by poetter on Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

mexmer wrote:
Light wrote:

guess you mixed some info. processing mod was discontinued in favor of new mod smelting, there will be no processing mod for 0.14, and also it should not be used together with smelting.

https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Arch666A ... lssmelting
No mistake was made.

Already knew what it was, that the mod was being split apart (as stated) and after testing there is no conflict with the new smelting mod alongside this one.
If he ignores the smelting portion and sticks only to the bio-processing part of the mod, he can safely use the two together. The only residual effect that I've witnessed is that after being uninstalled, the recipes of the new bio-mod won't be hidden anymore, but are uncraftable as it requires a paste that can't be crafted yet. Easily remedied with a recipe refresh.

Return to “Angels Mods”