Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by steinio »

Is it neccessary if i don't wnant infinite ores? Can't find it on the portal

Found it.
Good that you linked also the triggermods in the description.
Last edited by steinio on Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

steinio wrote:Is it neccessary if i don't wnant infinite ores? Can't find it on the portal
Yes refining needs it to generate the ores, if you don't want the infinite ores you can turn them off, either in the config of the ores mod or you just put the trigger mod into your mod folder. You can get the trigger from the forum thread here or on the mod portal in the description.

On the mod portal just search for angels

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

steinio wrote:Is it neccessary if i don't wnant infinite ores? Can't find it on the portal

Found it.
Yes the search sucks.
The ajax calls crash after the third letter in the search box...

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

steinio wrote:

Found it.
Yes the search sucks.
The ajax calls crash after the third letter in the search box...
The forum threads here are also up to date, if all fails.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Any idea how you might alter refining numbers now?
Also, new spreadsheet gives more useful information.
Tried plugging some beers in myself, but it's rather complex. Honestly I think linear programming might be needed for me to get anywhere.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Ranakastrasz wrote:Any idea how you might alter refining numbers now?
Also, new spreadsheet gives more useful information.
Tried plugging some beers in myself, but it's rather complex. Honestly I think linear programming might be needed for me to get anywhere.
I switched some of the ore tables around so that saphirite yields more iron and the other one more copper, but the tables itself stayed the same.

Tschau
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tschau »

Error on load up the world
Attachments
Unbenannt.png
Unbenannt.png (3.14 MiB) Viewed 4561 times

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Tschau wrote:Error on load up the world
IF you want to fix it yourself, unpack the mod, go to the migration folder and delete all the angelsrefining_0.1.x files.

Tschau
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tschau »

IF you want to fix it yourself, unpack the mod, go to the migration folder and delete all the angelsrefining_0.1.x files.
thx
it works

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Since bobs mod, I believe, needs tin and lead to get circuits and hence research, you should let two more ores directly smelt to them with bobs mod installed. I might be mistaken however.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Ranakastrasz wrote:Since bobs mod, I believe, needs tin and lead to get circuits and hence research, you should let two more ores directly smelt to them with bobs mod installed. I might be mistaken however.
You can smelt crushed bobmonium (haaa see! see?) and rubyte into tin and lead plates like the early recipes for copper and iron plate

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

I looked at processing and while I find 1st step quite nice (lots of reduced throughput and can process on mining site potentially) the ingots step seems a bit heavy on processing costs (with similar gain - btw description says 1 processed to 12 while its 2 to 12 in practice). I'm not using catalysts btw (allergic to alien artifact use in mass production recipes).

Is it by design that ingots increase the smelting area throughput requirements due to creating lots of separate ingots that need to be smelted?

It could be good if instead of 2:12 then 1:1 it would go more in line of 2:4 and then 1:3 maybe (it would be perfect at 2:2 then 1:6 but that might be to easy)?

(Edit: removed mention of increased energy costs - time reduction migh compensate that per plate - would need more math to check)

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Ore processing plant mk2 is not animated. Normal one is. Just to let you know.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

cpy wrote:Ore processing plant mk2 is not animated. Normal one is. Just to let you know.
Thanks for the report, maybe missed to implement the animation there.
orzelek wrote:I looked at processing and while I find 1st step quite nice (lots of reduced throughput and can process on mining site potentially) the ingots step seems a bit heavy on processing costs (with similar gain - btw description says 1 processed to 12 while its 2 to 12 in practice). I'm not using catalysts btw (allergic to alien artifact use in mass production recipes).

Is it by design that ingots increase the smelting area throughput requirements due to creating lots of separate ingots that need to be smelted?

It could be good if instead of 2:12 then 1:1 it would go more in line of 2:4 and then 1:3 maybe (it would be perfect at 2:2 then 1:6 but that might be to easy)?

(Edit: removed mention of increased energy costs - time reduction migh compensate that per plate - would need more math to check)
Would it help if I introduce my own artefacts to get rid of the bobs artefact stigma? :D

So the basic idea at the start was to have a horizontal progression which gives you increasing variety of ores and a vertical progression which increases the yield of the ores, the horizontal progression ended up being the refining mod in all its glory, while the vertical progression still sits in the processing mod. The processed ores are intended to increase the yield and be some kind of compression item, the ingot are increasing yield further without the compression but they are converted faster into plates.

I'm not decided yet on how I will handle these ideas when the ore processing becomes the basis for the smelting mod, which will have 3 phases: smelting from ores, smelting from processed, smelting from pellets. Smelting means you purify the ores (iron ore + coke = iron ingot for example) and cast them into ingots, the ingot can then be smelted and cast into plates/rolls/coils and mixed and smelted into alloys and then go into the casting process. In combination with the smelting mod works the petrochem, because smelting will need/use chemicals from then petrochems.

Long story short: It will change a lot when I get to finish the next mods in the series.

tro1
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by tro1 »

I found a bug: Ore refinery MK3 is size 5x5 and not 7x7 like MK1 and MK2

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

tro1 wrote:I found a bug: Ore refinery MK3 is size 5x5 and not 7x7 like MK1 and MK2
You cant get Mk3 without cheating it in. :)

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Can you also lower hitboxes of some buildings so you could walk between them?

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

cpy wrote:Can you also lower hitboxes of some buildings so you could walk between them?
Agreed. Ofc I use squeakthrough, but still.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Arch666Angel wrote:
cpy wrote:Ore processing plant mk2 is not animated. Normal one is. Just to let you know.
Thanks for the report, maybe missed to implement the animation there.
orzelek wrote:I looked at processing and while I find 1st step quite nice (lots of reduced throughput and can process on mining site potentially) the ingots step seems a bit heavy on processing costs (with similar gain - btw description says 1 processed to 12 while its 2 to 12 in practice). I'm not using catalysts btw (allergic to alien artifact use in mass production recipes).

Would it help if I introduce my own artefacts to get rid of the bobs artefact stigma? :D

So the basic idea at the start was to have a horizontal progression which gives you increasing variety of ores and a vertical progression which increases the yield of the ores, the horizontal progression ended up being the refining mod in all its glory, while the vertical progression still sits in the processing mod. The processed ores are intended to increase the yield and be some kind of compression item, the ingot are increasing yield further without the compression but they are converted faster into plates.

I'm not decided yet on how I will handle these ideas when the ore processing becomes the basis for the smelting mod, which will have 3 phases: smelting from ores, smelting from processed, smelting from pellets. Smelting means you purify the ores (iron ore + coke = iron ingot for example) and cast them into ingots, the ingot can then be smelted and cast into plates/rolls/coils and mixed and smelted into alloys and then go into the casting process. In combination with the smelting mod works the petrochem, because smelting will need/use chemicals from then petrochems.

Long story short: It will change a lot when I get to finish the next mods in the series.
Artifact dislike is something different. I don't consider dropped items to be sufficient for mass production - to much hassle. I noticed thet they can be produced here and I think process can be sustainable but mod adds a lot of complexity already - my base size has exploded already.

As for the ingots - it seems for me currently that it adds 50% more items to process(compared to normal, it's a 6x increase over processed stuff) for additional 20% yield increase over processed stuff. It seems a bit extreme and inserter/belt requirements go up significantly.
Looking forward to the smelting mod :D

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Oh dont expect to build a small and compact base with my mods :D

For me the artefacts are just another intermediate with the plus that you can "harvest" them, similar to wood or now stone.

Yeah there is still much to do for the smelting as well as the petrochems mod before they are ready, I'm just playing a bit with the to check the recipes and so on.

Return to “Angels Mods”