Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by Arch666Angel »

aklesey1 wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote: -changed mineralized water recipe to use water instead of purified water
Do you think this necessary change? there is no special difference all the same
But all seem to be okay
It's a necessary change so you can use the algae farm in red tech, else it would be available in green tech, which isn't a huge jump but not that early

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Thanks for explanation, It is clear, I don't want to seem impolite
And nevertheless it is interesting what you are going to do with hydrofluoric acid in future? and how it can be compatible with Uranium power mod - some sad that's this mod work only on 0.13 on defaukt but changing info. lua can help it to work on 0.14 ;)
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Will bobplates and bobelectronics really become permanent requirements to run your petrochem and smelting mod? can't it be done without?

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

mexmer wrote:Will bobplates and bobelectronics really become permanent requirements to run your petrochem and smelting mod? can't it be done without?
I'm fear that Arch666Angel can override electкonics to be more hard and some realistic, i think bobplates now endures overriding or something like that

jbtw
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jbtw »

Arch666Angel wrote:
jbtw wrote:
solntcev wrote:
jbtw wrote: I only see three sources of sulfur:
You are missing Nickel processing and advanced Lead processing. They both produce Sulfur Oxyde. It can be restored to Sulfur with Hydrogen.
I agree that those produce sulfur dioxide, but I don't see a way to convert that to sulfur. It can be combined with hydrogen to make sulfuric acid, but not sulfur.
The only thing you need sulfur for is producing sulfuric acid, if I'm not completely mistaken.
No, you also need sulfur for explosives (which are needed for the alternate alien science recipe)

jbtw
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jbtw »

There's an incompatibility between Angel's Petrochem and CMHMod Bob's End Game (which I just added to my game). The combination of the two changes to the rocket fuel recipe results in a recipe with four liquid inputs, which cannot be crafted in any building.

I fixed it locally by adding this additional override to the rocket fuel tweaks in Angel's Petrochem:

Code: Select all

OV.remove_input("rocket-fuel", "liquid-sulfuric-acid")
I'm not sure whether that would cause a problem in the (more usual) case where sulfuric acid is not an ingredient in rocket fuel; maybe that should be checked for first.

It would be great if you could do something similar.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

jbtw wrote:There's an incompatibility between Angel's Petrochem and CMHMod Bob's End Game (which I just added to my game). The combination of the two changes to the rocket fuel recipe results in a recipe with four liquid inputs, which cannot be crafted in any building.

I fixed it locally by adding this additional override to the rocket fuel tweaks in Angel's Petrochem:

Code: Select all

OV.remove_input("rocket-fuel", "liquid-sulfuric-acid")
I'm not sure whether that would cause a problem in the (more usual) case where sulfuric acid is not an ingredient in rocket fuel; maybe that should be checked for first.

It would be great if you could do something similar.
Yeah one of the revamp mods is also adding new sulfur and other chain that dont go well along petrochem, but havent looked into that.

The override shouldn't make any problems since the functions Exasperation provided are made extremly robust to that so someone stupid like can use them :D

poetter
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Sodium Hydroxide shortage

Post by poetter »

Hi there,

I'm struggeling to get enough Sodium Hydroxide for my Alumina production. By now the only way to produce Sodium Hydroxied I found is doing Saline Water Electrolyses. I created 3 sets of 8 Hydroplants dumping all the purified Water directly to clarifiers to just get barly enough saline water for the Electrolysis. This seems very wasty and even now my Sodium Hydroxyd production can barley keep up.

Did I miss a way to produce Sodium Hydroxyd or Saline Water that is more reasonable or is it working as intended?

Thx

QuackerJ4ck
Inserter
Inserter

Post by QuackerJ4ck »

I get tons of Sodium Hydroxide as a byproduct in the Electrolyzer -> Chlorine and Hydrogen out of Water

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Silly question - where is the plastic recipe when playing with bob's mods and full set of angel's?
I'm using latest version from mod portal.
It's not on plastics tech and I found recipes for it hanging of advanced chemistry techs in files. But I don't see those techs in game like they are not linked to any other then and can't be researched.
There is basic chemistry 1-2 but it doesn't continue tech tree further.
Seems that I missed something?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

orzelek wrote:Silly question - where is the plastic recipe when playing with bob's mods and full set of angel's?
It's not on plastics tech and I found recipes for it hanging of advanced chemistry techs in files. But I don't see those techs in game like they are not linked to any other then and can't be researched.
There should be plastics 1, 2, 3 research avaiable.

poetter
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by poetter »

QuackerJ4ck wrote:I get tons of Sodium Hydroxide as a byproduct in the Electrolyzer -> Chlorine and Hydrogen out of Water
Well, yes. I get Sodium Hydroxide as a pyproduct from Solarine Water Electrolysis to, but as I mentioned:
I created 3 sets of 8 Hydroplants dumping all the purified Water directly to clarifiers to just get barly enough saline water for the Electrolysis. This seems very wasty and even now my Sodium Hydroxyd production can barley keep up.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Guys what do u think about this materials?
1) Beryllium
2) Gallium
3) Vanadium
Where we can use them?

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

aklesey1 wrote:Guys what do u think about this materials?
1) Beryllium
2) Gallium
3) Vanadium
Where we can use them?
Beryllium: http://www.imdb.com/media/rm688035840/ch0008366

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Arch666Angel wrote:
orzelek wrote:Silly question - where is the plastic recipe when playing with bob's mods and full set of angel's?
There should be plastics 1, 2, 3 research avaiable.
Ohh found it.
Maybe add dependency on plastic there so it will be directly visible. And it should be tied to actual research named plastic anyway.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

i had started using check valve, then i though out, it would be nice if it has also enable/disable mode. atm. i'm using pumps, connected to tank, to stop/start production of certain facilities (pump disables "flow" at certain tank level).

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

mexmer wrote:i had started using check valve, then i though out, it would be nice if it has also enable/disable mode. atm. i'm using pumps, connected to tank, to stop/start production of certain facilities (pump disables "flow" at certain tank level).
The idea and the integration for the valve comes straight from GotLags flowcontrol, the basic ideas is to use the storage tank entity and see what's possible within the game to manipulate flow, sadly there is nothing like a real valve you can just turn on/off on conditions with the tank entity. So I'm afraid you have to stick to the pump + tank/checkvalve setup, but the point here is you can place the check valve inline with the pipe and its a 1x1 entity instead of a big 3x3 thing when you just want to check for fluid level.

jbtw
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jbtw »

orzelek wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:There should be plastics 1, 2, 3 research avaiable.
Ohh found it.
Maybe add dependency on plastic there so it will be directly visible. And it should be tied to actual research named plastic anyway.
Yes please. I ran into the same confusion in my game and only figured it out by scouring the forums here. The plastics situation would be *much* clearer if the plastics-making recipes were obviously linked to the vanilla plastics research. I would suggest going further and making Plastic 1 a prerequisite of Plastics; that way people can't miss it. (Although it would make synthetic wood harder to reach; maybe you don't want that).

NashBridges2
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by NashBridges2 »

BTW,

About Synthetic wood. What do you think, if to make it like Wood-plastic composite https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wood-plastic_composite
In example,
Plastic + Wood Flour (Pulp)/Wood Fiber ---->Synthetic Wood
Raw Wood ---> Wood Flour (or Pulp like in Bio_Industries mod) + Resin (maybe)
Algae----->Wood Fiber (Cellulose Fiber)

And. We have now 3 plastic types: PE, PP and PF-resin. So may be add some more? Like Polyvinylchloride (ethylene---->vinylchloride----->PVC) Polystyrene (from styrene), and (maybe) more complex ways (Polyethylene terephtalate, polytetrafluoroethylene, polycarbonate, etc.)
This add more complexity to this great mod :)

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Arch666Angel wrote:
mexmer wrote:i had started using check valve, then i though out, it would be nice if it has also enable/disable mode. atm. i'm using pumps, connected to tank, to stop/start production of certain facilities (pump disables "flow" at certain tank level).
The idea and the integration for the valve comes straight from GotLags flowcontrol, the basic ideas is to use the storage tank entity and see what's possible within the game to manipulate flow, sadly there is nothing like a real valve you can just turn on/off on conditions with the tank entity. So I'm afraid you have to stick to the pump + tank/checkvalve setup, but the point here is you can place the check valve inline with the pipe and its a 1x1 entity instead of a big 3x3 thing when you just want to check for fluid level.
so it's not possible to add valve, that can stop fluid flow? since overflow valve works on builtin condition, i thought it should be possible add something like control valve, which will be pass trough without conditon (eg. enable mode), or will work on enable/disable condition from logic network (eg. add wiring to tank to read level, and enable/disable on valve)

what i do with pump is in fact opossite of what overflow valve does ... when tank is above level x, it just stops fluid flow, while overflow valve stop fluid flow, when tank is bellow level x

Return to “Angels Mods”