Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by steinio »

Is the processing mod obselete or just not ready yet for 0.14?

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Breith
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Breith »

Arch666Angel wrote:Dependencies on techs only go in one direction. A higher tech can have a dependency on a lower tech in its definition. So adding higher techs depending on lower ones is quiet easy. The other way around is a bit more complicated because you have do modify another tech as well as adding a new one. The problem with what I do between Petrochem and bobs is that I do complete overrides of some techs (namely oil processing, advanced oil processing and sulfur processing), so these ones have to be reloaded or if they are already researched the recipes force activated (this is what a migration script does), or like you did it re-research them after the techs were reset (reset is again something done in migration script (if you keep in mind to add it))
I see. Thanks for the information.
I'm still curious, I might have missed something, but with Petrochem, it looks like the Oil Well is available in two researches: the Pumpjack's one and the Oil & Gas extraction's one. Having the same object (i.e. the pumpjack MK1) unlocked by two different researches does not create any weird issues?

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

steinio wrote:Is the processing mod obselete or just not ready yet for 0.14?
I changed config lua file from 0.13 to 0.14 and i can play on 0.14 version all works now :D
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

orzelek wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:
orzelek wrote:Do I see correctly that petrochem adds new resource?
Might need to prod RSO to work with it then.
It does, but I added the Gas Well ages ago to the RSO file :)
Heh I just noticed that you are reducing amount of oil wells.
What would be reason for that? They are pretty scarce already:D
You have both oil and gas wells and through processing they are partially interchangeable, so if I left it untouched I would have doubled the oil patches/liquid hydrocarbon sources. I think its fine for now, everything else will be a matter of balancing the whole thing :)
It is kind of, I'm not updating it anymore because I'm working on the successor mod, if there is any interesst I can put up an early version of the smelting mod.
Breith wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:Dependencies on techs only go in one direction. A higher tech can have a dependency on a lower tech in its definition. So adding higher techs depending on lower ones is quiet easy. The other way around is a bit more complicated because you have do modify another tech as well as adding a new one. The problem with what I do between Petrochem and bobs is that I do complete overrides of some techs (namely oil processing, advanced oil processing and sulfur processing), so these ones have to be reloaded or if they are already researched the recipes force activated (this is what a migration script does), or like you did it re-research them after the techs were reset (reset is again something done in migration script (if you keep in mind to add it))
I see. Thanks for the information.
I'm still curious, I might have missed something, but with Petrochem, it looks like the Oil Well is available in two researches: the Pumpjack's one and the Oil & Gas extraction's one. Having the same object (i.e. the pumpjack MK1) unlocked by two different researches does not create any weird issues?
Not at all researching basically changes one value with a recipes: It turn the enable variable from "false" to "true" -> if it is already true, researching it again will change nothing. Bobs also has the chemical plant on more than one location in the tech tree for example.

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

Arch666Angel wrote:if there is any interesst I can put up an early version of the smelting mod.
If it's at least as feature-complete as the petrochemicals mod (recipes/buildings exist, having research for them would be a bonus), yes, please!

I'm planning to restart my world soon-ish, again, to tweak some of the mods. Would be awesome to have more of your stuff in it :)

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

hoho wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:if there is any interesst I can put up an early version of the smelting mod.
If it's at least as feature-complete as the petrochemicals mod (recipes/buildings exist, having research for them would be a bonus), yes, please!

I'm planning to restart my world soon-ish, again, to tweak some of the mods. Would be awesome to have more of your stuff in it :)
This would be nice.
Does this mod include the items from the processing mod, so that i can use my save game or is all new in there?

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Nilaus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Nilaus »

Great to see development on the Petrochem mod. It felt a bit bare bones with lots of recipes with little purpose.

A lot of things are broken in my current playthrough due to the changes
* Heavy pumps disapeared, though I do not understand why as I really liked them
* Several recipes now require Angels versions of a gas instead of the standard/Bob's Mod version. This has broken an incredible amount of machines, but that is of course the joy/pain of jumping on an alpha version.
* Some recipes have changed completely, such as fertiliser which is now much more difficult (though it alleviates one of the issues in point 1 as it utilised the Urea gas)
* The Nitrogen+Oxygen from compressed air now requires a special Angel Compressed Air that I am unable to create/find/convert. Where is this or was it forgotten?

By far my biggest gripe with the Petrochem mod (and I do love your mods) is the difference between yours and Bobs gasses/liquids. This is incredibly frustrating that Nitrogen or Sulphuric Acid does not fit between factories. Can you (and Bob) please look into this; your mod only really shines when it is combined with Bobs due to the different ores, so they should mesh as seamlessly for gasses/liquids as they do for ore/metals.

Thank you for some great mods and keep it up.

Exasperation
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Exasperation »

Arch666Angel wrote:
It is kind of, I'm not updating it anymore because I'm working on the successor mod, if there is any interesst I can put up an early version of the smelting mod.
Add me to the list of people who are interested in this.

Breith
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Breith »

Arch666Angel wrote:Not at all researching basically changes one value with a recipes: It turn the enable variable from "false" to "true" -> if it is already true, researching it again will change nothing. Bobs also has the chemical plant on more than one location in the tech tree for example.
Oh. Never realized that. Thanks.
I'm also interested in the alpha version of your new mod :D .

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Nilaus wrote:Great to see development on the Petrochem mod. It felt a bit bare bones with lots of recipes with little purpose.

* Several recipes now require Angels versions of a gas instead of the standard/Bob's Mod version. This has broken an incredible amount of machines, but that is of course the joy/pain of jumping on an alpha version.
* Some recipes have changed completely, such as fertiliser which is now much more difficult (though it alleviates one of the issues in point 1 as it utilised the Urea gas)
* The Nitrogen+Oxygen from compressed air now requires a special Angel Compressed Air that I am unable to create/find/convert. Where is this or was it forgotten?

By far my biggest gripe with the Petrochem mod (and I do love your mods) is the difference between yours and Bobs gasses/liquids. This is incredibly frustrating that Nitrogen or Sulphuric Acid does not fit between factories. Can you (and Bob) please look into this; your mod only really shines when it is combined with Bobs due to the different ores, so they should mesh as seamlessly for gasses/liquids as they do for ore/metals.

I will release the heavy pump as an addon with additional recipes (barreling and pumping raw ores through pipes), have to keep the expectations high ;)

I put up a BIG sign warning everyone that it isnt complete and that there might be issues adding this to a running game, but yeah it messes with "things" but I guess that's to be expected with so many changes.

Urea is more exactly what is used in fertilizers, so I thought if I have it in the mod why not add it there, also the fertilizer should be a mid to late game boost to production as I understand it.

The compressed air comes from the air-filter, it should that in the recipe. It might be that you need to reset technologies and recipes and force enable the air-filter recipe if you were using earlier version, I did not write migrations for it.

For this issue I put the converter valve in: You want base game sulfuric acid? Put petrochem sulfuric acid through a converter pipe.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Nilaus wrote:Great to see development on the Petrochem mod. It felt a bit bare bones with lots of recipes with little purpose.

:twisted:
I will release the heavy pump as an addon with additional recipes (barreling and pumping raw ores through pipes), have to keep the expectations high ;)

I put up a BIG sign warning everyone that it isnt complete and that there might be issues adding this to a running game, but yeah it messes with "things" but I guess that's to be expected with so many changes.

Urea is more exactly what is used in fertilizers, so I thought if I have it in the mod why not add it there, also the fertilizer should be a mid to late game boost to production as I understand it.

The compressed air comes from the air-filter, it should that in the recipe. It might be that you need to reset technologies and recipes and force enable the air-filter recipe if you were using earlier version, I did not write migrations for it.

For this issue I put the converter valve in: You want base game sulfuric acid? Put petrochem sulfuric acid through a converter pipe.

:evil: :evil:
Attachments
2016-09-19_22-19-45.jpg
2016-09-19_22-19-45.jpg (21.64 KiB) Viewed 6158 times

Nilaus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Nilaus »

Arch666Angel wrote: I put up a BIG sign warning everyone that it isnt complete and that there might be issues adding this to a running game, but yeah it messes with "things" but I guess that's to be expected with so many changes.
Thanks for replying so fast. I do not mind that it breaks, it is part of the "charm" of trying an alpha product :)
Arch666Angel wrote: The compressed air comes from the air-filter, it should that in the recipe. It might be that you need to reset technologies and recipes and force enable the air-filter recipe if you were using earlier version, I did not write migrations for it.
I have now re-checked the tech tree and can see this under "Nitrogen Processing 1" which I of course researched long ago. I am about 60 hours into that campaign and it is being uploaded to youtube, so I hope I do not have to start over from scratch.
I've tried the console command for technologies, but do not seem to be able to research it again or un-research it
/c game.player.force.technologies['nitrogen-processing-1'].researched=true
I cannot find any "reset technologies command but on the other hand it would also suck to have to research everything from scratch because of this. Do you have any advice for me or just live without it? It is interesting that the Angels process gives 10 times as much Oxygen as the corresponding Bobs process.

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

Nilaus wrote:I've tried the console command for technologies, but do not seem to be able to research it again or un-research it
/c game.player.force.technologies['nitrogen-processing-1'].researched=trueˇ
For most cases, usual reset recipes/technologies should work, though:
/c for index, force in pairs(game.forces) do force.reset_technologies() end
/c for index, force in pairs(game.forces) do force.reset_reciepes() end

When I had a snafu after commenting out sections of mods mid-game and those two commands didn't help I used this to make recipes availiable that I had missed from already done research projects:
/c for index, force in pairs(game.forces) do force.recipes["air-filter"].enabled = true end

It's for MP but works just fine for SP as well.
Nilaus wrote:I cannot find any "reset technologies command
To make a research to be non-researched again you can use:
/c for index, force in pairs(game.forces) do force.technologies["angels-nitrogen-processing-1"].researched = false end

[edit]
Forgot to say that you need to replace the recipe/tech names to whatever you need. I just pasted the things I had in my buffers.
Last edited by hoho on Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Nilaus wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote: I put up a BIG sign warning everyone that it isnt complete and that there might be issues adding this to a running game, but yeah it messes with "things" but I guess that's to be expected with so many changes.
Thanks for replying so fast. I do not mind that it breaks, it is part of the "charm" of trying an alpha product :)
Arch666Angel wrote: The compressed air comes from the air-filter, it should that in the recipe. It might be that you need to reset technologies and recipes and force enable the air-filter recipe if you were using earlier version, I did not write migrations for it.
I have now re-checked the tech tree and can see this under "Nitrogen Processing 1" which I of course researched long ago. I am about 60 hours into that campaign and it is being uploaded to youtube, so I hope I do not have to start over from scratch.
I've tried the console command for technologies, but do not seem to be able to research it again or un-research it
/c game.player.force.technologies['nitrogen-processing-1'].researched=true
I cannot find any "reset technologies command but on the other hand it would also suck to have to research everything from scratch because of this. Do you have any advice for me or just live without it? It is interesting that the Angels process gives 10 times as much Oxygen as the corresponding Bobs process.
Try /c game.player.force.recipes["air-filter"].enabled = true this will force enable the recipe for the air-filter, if you also have nitrogen-processing-2 you need to activate the air-filter-2 also.

On some pages before there is a discussion about right or wrong ratios in the recipes: It depends how you interpret the ingame units, bob tends to see them as atoms, so water is made up of 1 oxygen and 2 hydrogen. But the units can interpreted anyway you want basically, for example mass: Hydrogen has a much lower mass compared to oxygen. Another example volume:.... and so on. If you keep to the premise for each one input give one output so the 1:1 ratio there wont be any real problems with processes being OP, everything else is a matter of balancing and tweaking number, to not have a process overproduce compared to the other ones, you should still have an incentive to build more and a reasonable number of buildings.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Petrochem
-added solid fuel recipes
-added purified water from hydrogen and oxygen recipe
-added synthesis gas from hydrogen and carbon-monoxide recipe

-added specific icons for glycerol recipes
-changed another override
-added missing recipes to flare stack

pederbonde
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by pederbonde »

Hello,
First i want to thank you for your great mods. it have already given me lots of fun hours.

But i have a problem, i dont know how to make calcium chloride before blue science ( then you can make it with tungsten )
so i can start process silicon ( which is required for blue sience ).
I guess i could enable bobs original recipe stone + chloride but i really would like to do it your way if it is possible.

There is a recipe liquid-hydrofluoric-acid but it requires flourite-ore which seems impossible to require.

are im missing something or is this a bug?

the mods im running is
All bobs mods stuff.
angel petrochem refining silos and infinite ores.
and some other stuff that probably isnt important.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Oooh big thanks for creating purified water from oxygen and hydrogen - so this is how we can "burn" the hydrogen, really big thanks, my prayers were answered :mrgreen:
And as i can understand we don't need petroleum gas now - it's in past now - there still remains a recipe for chlor methane in processing mod, may be u forgot about this recipie - our problem lies in the fact that we now cannot produce petroleum gas - we can get it only throw converter pipe using via methane, butr its looks funny

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

pederbonde wrote:Hello,
First i want to thank you for your great mods. it have already given me lots of fun hours.

But i have a problem, i dont know how to make calcium chloride before blue science ( then you can make it with tungsten )
so i can start process silicon ( which is required for blue sience ).
I guess i could enable bobs original recipe stone + chloride but i really would like to do it your way if it is possible.

There is a recipe liquid-hydrofluoric-acid but it requires flourite-ore which seems impossible to require.

are im missing something or is this a bug?

the mods im running is
All bobs mods stuff.
angel petrochem refining silos and infinite ores.
and some other stuff that probably isnt important.
There was in issue with the tech, which I still don't have resolved fully, starting a new game the recipe for calcium chloride should be there. If you upgraded from 0.1.5 and already have researched chemical processing 2 from bobs, you might need to force activate it. /c game.player.force.recipes["calcium-chloride"].enabled = true

the hydrofluoric-acid from ore is an additional recipe/source for later, at the moment you can get hydrofluoric-acid from cracking the acid-gas which is a byproduct of the raw-gas-refining.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

aklesey1 wrote:Oooh big thanks for creating purified water from oxygen and hydrogen - so this is how we can "burn" the hydrogen, really big thanks, my prayers were answered :mrgreen:
And as i can understand we don't need petroleum gas now - it's in past now - there still remains a recipe for chlor methane in processing mod, may be u forgot about this recipie - our problem lies in the fact that we now cannot produce petroleum gas - we can get it only throw converter pipe using via methane, butr its looks funny
As stated many times before: I wont update anything about the processing mod.

Hydrogen can also be used to create synthesis gas and then turned into lighter hydrocarbons.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I know know - u wrote about processing mod and showed new machines for processing mod
Don't worry about processing mod issue, we'll wait for news as u said before
have to keep the expectations high ;)
;)
What i want to know about liquid ores - there wiull be only our 6 raw ores or we can liuefy sorted ores - iron, copper, tin, lead, nickel ,zinc, aluminium, cobalt, titanium, gold, silver, tungsten, yuoki ores and uranium - it worries me sometimes - because dytech provides some new cool ideas with press forms? may be it was not so conveniently but was like innovation, new possibility to plan our factory in new direction

Return to “Angels Mods”