Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by aklesey1 »

afk2minute wrote:Will you change bobmonium and rubyte ore?
They are quite similar now, maybe make rubite more red in colour (both in game and icons)?
And we need new textures for crotinnium and jivolite - because they are looks like aluminium ore and quartz
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

marginoferror
Inserter
Inserter

Post by marginoferror »

mexmer wrote:from bobmonium it sorts quartz and tin, which both go to smelter for those just wait until you have some "extra" sorted ores, after you do, place smelters, then insert stack of ore in each one, it should continue to fill with same ore later, when ore in input drops lows.
Last night I figured out a way to handle this case (I'm still on copper and iron, but I don't have processing installed yet; hopefully it will apply to both). If you research alloys 1 (only 25 red science packs) you get alternative stone furnaces that you can select recipes on, which filters mixed input automatically as you'd expect. There aren't as many alloy options as there are straight-up furnace options, but it should get me far enough that I can make filter inserters.

Breith
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Breith »

I have a quick question... It's not a good idea to activate the mod Petrochem on an existing save. I understand why, I activated Angel's Ores on one of my old save, just for fun.
However, what about activating Petrochem it in a game when I didn't start to use oil in my factory yet? Will it mess up too badly the game?

Exasperation
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Exasperation »

mexmer wrote:as for procesing, problem with sorter comes with bobmonium and rubyriu tho, you will need tin and lead for electronics, and those don't have procesing factory until ore procesing 2, which is quite far in chain (if we talking about starting phase, that is). for rubyrium you can put furnace directly after sorter, since it sorts zinc and lead, lead will smel, and zinc will go to box
True, but since I don't need tin and lead (or their secondary products) until I'm making electronics I just make enough straight from crushed ore to get production of filter inserters jump-started, which solves the problem (and unless it's changed while I wasn't looking it's nickel, not zinc, from rubyte).

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

marginoferror wrote:
mexmer wrote:from bobmonium it sorts quartz and tin, which both go to smelter for those just wait until you have some "extra" sorted ores, after you do, place smelters, then insert stack of ore in each one, it should continue to fill with same ore later, when ore in input drops lows.
Last night I figured out a way to handle this case (I'm still on copper and iron, but I don't have processing installed yet; hopefully it will apply to both). If you research alloys 1 (only 25 red science packs) you get alternative stone furnaces that you can select recipes on, which filters mixed input automatically as you'd expect. There aren't as many alloy options as there are straight-up furnace options, but it should get me far enough that I can make filter inserters.
hmm, had not thought about using red furnaces.

still at time you will need tin, you will probly have already ore processing 1, as for alloy 1, i think i researched that, when i needed carbon or something else, that comes from chemical furnace (i think that's the red one, not sure i always mix red and blue ones :oops: )

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Breith wrote:I have a quick question... It's not a good idea to activate the mod Petrochem on an existing save. I understand why, I activated Angel's Ores on one of my old save, just for fun.
However, what about activating Petrochem it in a game when I didn't start to use oil in my factory yet? Will it mess up too badly the game?
If you use refining and ores anyway and havent started with oil it might be ok to add it in but you maybe have to reset technologies and recipes by hand to have the mod take full effect. The new Gas-Well patches will generate in newly discovered chunks then.

iceman_1212
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by iceman_1212 »

just as i'm about to start a new save, i see that you've uploaded a new mod :O lucky me :D

i get the following error when starting factorio after installing:

"Error in assignID, technology with name sulfur-processing does not exist."

Am running bobs, all of your other mods as well as bergius.

Breith
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Breith »

If you use refining and ores anyway and havent started with oil it might be ok to add it in but you maybe have to reset technologies and recipes by hand to have the mod take full effect. The new Gas-Well patches will generate in newly discovered chunks then.
Oh... I didn't think about technology. I probably unlock the first tier of oil well so some stuff might be messed up...
How can you reset a researched technology? I never did that.
just as i'm about to start a new save, i see that you've uploaded a new mod :O lucky me :D
I started mine yesterday... 3h played. That's why I do not really want to start over again :( .

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

I'm changing the sulfur technology replacement to an override, that should do the trick there.

Petrochem
-fixed an error with the overrides it produced because of replacing sulfur processing
-added more localization strings

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

iceman_1212 wrote:just as i'm about to start a new save, i see that you've uploaded a new mod :O lucky me :D

The newest version should fix the issue with sulfur processing, I changed it to overriding the tech directly instead of removing and replacing it.

Bergius is semi useful, because there are 3 ways to crack coal in petrochems, you can still use bergius if you convert its start and endproducts with the converter valve into petrochems fluids and back.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

Arch666Angel wrote:
iceman_1212 wrote:just as i'm about to start a new save, i see that you've uploaded a new mod :O lucky me :D

The newest version should fix the issue with sulfur processing, I changed it to overriding the tech directly instead of removing and replacing it.

Bergius is semi useful, because there are 3 ways to crack coal in petrochems, you can still use bergius if you convert its start and endproducts with the converter valve into petrochems fluids and back.
Bug!!
Petrochem angelspetrochem_0.1.5
old version works

mod link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xdn9mxwxeeuht ... 8.rar?dl=0
Attachments
2016-09-19_22-19-45.jpg
2016-09-19_22-19-45.jpg (21.64 KiB) Viewed 5432 times

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

Nice to see another release. I have a save from 0.13 with infinte ores, refining and processing. I'll add it to that once everything else the save needs has been updated to 0.14. Last time I looked there were 5 or 6 still. I could start new but I don't want to waste the effort.

Breith
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Breith »

Breith wrote:How can you reset a researched technology? I never did that.
Nevermind: /c game.player.force.technologies["pumpjack"].researched = false .
Adieu my dear achievements (like I cared anyway :D )

I loaded the mod after I removed the technology from the researched technology and it looks like it works without any bugs (or at least anything that gives me an ugly error that kills the game... yet). I still have the old pumpjack research from Vanilla/Bob's mods... I guess I shouldn't reasearch it, should I?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Breith wrote:
Breith wrote:How can you reset a researched technology? I never did that.
Nevermind: /c game.player.force.technologies["pumpjack"].researched = false .
Adieu my dear achievements (like I cared anyway :D )

I loaded the mod after I removed the technology from the researched technology and it looks like it works without any bugs (or at least anything that gives me an ugly error that kills the game... yet). I still have the old pumpjack research from Vanilla/Bob's mods... I guess I shouldn't reasearch it, should I?
No that "should" be fine. Havent changed anything about the pumpjacks technology.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Do I see correctly that petrochem adds new resource?
Might need to prod RSO to work with it then.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

orzelek wrote:Do I see correctly that petrochem adds new resource?
It does, but I added the Gas Well ages ago to the RSO file :)

Breith
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Breith »

Arch666Angel wrote:No that "should" be fine. Havent changed anything about the pumpjacks technology.
Oh... So actually resetting the pumpjack research wasn't even needed since the new research do not depend on it? It would have been problematic only if I had unlock Oil Processing or more advanced researches?

I'm just curious to understand how mods interact with researches.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Breith wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:No that "should" be fine. Havent changed anything about the pumpjacks technology.
Oh... So actually resetting the pumpjack research wasn't even needed since the new research do not depend on it? It would have been problematic only if I had unlock Oil Processing or more advanced researches?

Dependencies on techs only go in one direction. A higher tech can have a dependency on a lower tech in its definition. So adding higher techs depending on lower ones is quiet easy. The other way around is a bit more complicated because you have do modify another tech as well as adding a new one. The problem with what I do between Petrochem and bobs is that I do complete overrides of some techs (namely oil processing, advanced oil processing and sulfur processing), so these ones have to be reloaded or if they are already researched the recipes force activated (this is what a migration script does), or like you did it re-research them after the techs were reset (reset is again something done in migration script (if you keep in mind to add it))

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Breith wrote:

Dependencies on techs only go in one direction. A higher tech can have a dependency on a lower tech in its definition. So adding higher techs depending on lower ones is quiet easy. The other way around is a bit more complicated because you have do modify another tech as well as adding a new one. The problem with what I do between Petrochem and bobs is that I do complete overrides of some techs (namely oil processing, advanced oil processing and sulfur processing), so these ones have to be reloaded or if they are already researched the recipes force activated (this is what a migration script does), or like you did it re-research them after the techs were reset (reset is again something done in migration script (if you keep in mind to add it))
hello! please help in my bug - thanks! old post oldes

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Arch666Angel wrote:
orzelek wrote:Do I see correctly that petrochem adds new resource?
It does, but I added the Gas Well ages ago to the RSO file :)
Heh I just noticed that you are reducing amount of oil wells.
What would be reason for that? They are pretty scarce already:D

Return to “Angels Mods”