Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

OxCD
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by OxCD »

Hello Sire :)

First, thank you so much for your mods, as I got already many hundreds of hours spent on B&A runs. Really loving it!

Lastly, I went deeper into ressources optimizations as I'm expanding in a larger scale with full tech tree.
I noticed something about the Lead Ingot receipes that doesn't really make sense.
Capture 2.JPG
Capture 2.JPG (67.28 KiB) Viewed 818 times
Capture 1.JPG
Capture 1.JPG (94.49 KiB) Viewed 818 times
There you get the 2nd tier of receipe for Lead Ingot, and the 3rd tier, which is unlocked later.
Comparing to most of the others "last tier" receipes, this is one doesn't really help.
As you can see circled in red, the increase in term of buildings is insane (and I didn't go further into the hydrofluoric acid need). More buildings, and way more electricity.
The noticable highlight is less cost in lead ore (circled in yellow), but instead you got almost the same amount of ore you saved to add as silicone ore (circled in green).
If you're still working on ore sorting, you can't really rely on that lead consumption to reduce any silicone because they are often not tied into intermediate product. And if you are working with catalyst (as I am), silicone is more building expensive than lead, as lead ore needs crushed raw ore, but silicone needs chuncked raw ore.

All intermediate products into the refining process are dedicated to lead refining only, so you can't really even plan using those factory for something else anyway. Including this Hexafluorosilicic Acid.

Adding to that, also circled in green there's a few other things to bring into the process for 3rd tier refining (Limestone, Hydrofluoric Acid...), which make the receipe even heavier.

The oxygen you save in the process in not worth noticing in my opinion as there's plenty of easy way to make Oxygen, and it's often from nothing.

Last point, you get slag from 3rd tier. You need to deal with this to avoid any bottleneck as compared to gas/liquid, you can't vent "as it is". Yes I know, slag means landfill, but the amount it produces is too small to be significant, but it's still there so you have to include the logistic as you can't let it bottleneck.

I don't mind going into more complex receipes for higher-tier, and I usually like it, even if the ressource saving is still minimal, and even if it costs more Watts, but as it stands I really feel the ressource cost is probably worse for the 3rd tier receipe...

So my suggestion would be revisiting the ressources needed into this! I really like the complexity of the receipe, but I really don't see any benefit from using it as it is.

Have a very good day!
OxCD

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

splinter137 wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:25 pm
Hi all,

Small issue on a recent run. As part of Angels Exploration, I see that the biters and their respective evolution and expansion are off by default. I have changed the settings so they now spawn and expand, but no matter what I do, the evolution is always off.

Is their any interaction with Rampant that would cause this or am I just missing something obvious?

(First post on the forums, so sorry if it shouldn't be in this thread)
My suspicion is that you changed the settings bars, but did not enable the checkbox itself?
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

leeux
Inserter
Inserter

Post by leeux »

How do you research this?
Tech tree showing a tech that I don't know how to research
Tech tree showing a tech that I don't know how to research
CannotResearch.jpg (172.88 KiB) Viewed 169 times
AFAICT, there are no labs that accept those artifacts as research items, and I already have ~150 of them in my storage from biters I killed, but I can't find a way of marking that tech as researched. I probably got those from before the mod updated, perhaps?

I'm closer to end game now and I want to make bullets and I'd want to have access to the piercing bullets, so researching this is a must before I can get to that.

These type of techs, they were not there last time I played through the mod, so it's something new for me... It must have been added in one of the recent updates, right? I normally pay attention to patch notes, etc. but I honestly don't remember any of this being mentioned :/

I don't want to go around killing biters for no reason, if that's what it takes... there must be a non-tedious way to get this researched, right?

I'm playing a game where I focus mostly on controlling pollution so biters don't attack me unless I bother them, and I pushed them out sufficiently far away that in order to make them attack I'd have to generate an humongous amount of pollution first, and I'd prefer not to have to do that.

Return to “Angels Mods”