Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by septemberWaves »

Arch666Angel wrote: -adding recipe to make bricks out of clay
If clay and mud are going to have smelting recipes to make bricks, maybe it would be nice to be able to smelt them into bricks with different colors. The different-colored bricks could presumably be used instead of stone bricks in a lot of recipes, but would also provide some nice alternative flooring options.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

eloquentJane wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote: -adding recipe to make bricks out of clay
If clay and mud are going to have smelting recipes to make bricks, maybe it would be nice to be able to smelt them into bricks with different colors. The different-colored bricks could presumably be used instead of stone bricks in a lot of recipes, but would also provide some nice alternative flooring options.
To have some logistic fun smelting buildings could use red bricks and refining buildings gray one. Chemical plants are white.

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Arch666Angel wrote:Test version, use on your own risk. Processing Chains have changed alot, adding/updating a running game will probably break everything, but nothing should get removed.
https://github.com/Arch666Angel/angelso ... _0.2.0.zip

To do:
-finish overrides
-change ratios for processes requiring multiple steps (are on a 1 to 1 ratio at the moment)
-adding strand casting machine
-add barrel recipes for chemicals
-add recipes to convert coils to plate/wire

I like where this is going!!!

Next, we need a trigger to disable all recipes in normal furnaces! Or at least, in anything above a stone furnace.
Even better, a trigger to enable normal furnace recipes and disable them by default!

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Changed the overrides for the plates back, added recipes for coils to plates. Moved some of the chemical fluid production to liquifiers/chemical plants.
https://github.com/Arch666Angel/angelso ... _0.2.1.zip

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

you could deactivate the ore smelting in the furnaces, so you smelt crushed in the stone furnaces and ore in the metallurgy buildings.

StormTAG
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by StormTAG »

Nice.

Notes for 0.2.1
Bug:

- Chemical Furnace is missing its locale string
- If you're using the add-loader mod, the loaders in the regular logistics section have only 1 filter while the loader in the Angels Logistics section has 5 despite having the same resource cost. Wrong thread.

Notes/Questions:

- Are you intending to make alloy recipes? ie. Brass, Bronze, Gunmetal, Invar, etc.
- Currently the Sintering Oven is only used for Tungsten plates. Is the intent to be able to create gear wheels, bearings/balls?
- Are the cable coils just for the mild compression and alternative construction method? Is it intended to replace the normal construction method?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Something I made on stream, halfway finished locomotive
Attachments
train-petro-2.png
train-petro-2.png (84.27 KiB) Viewed 7360 times

StormTAG
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by StormTAG »

Fits the smelter color scheme better than the yellow one. I like it.

Sedar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sedar »

Arch666Angel wrote:Something I made on stream, halfway finished locomotive
Very interesting to see the record, if possible. I was looking for a record on Twitch and YouTube but did not find it.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Ur smelting mod is amazing what i can say :D and useful
But i want to ask u - why u chnged ration for tinned wire recipe& was 3 copper wire to 1 tin plate? or 1,5 copper plate to tin plate but for now ration is 1 copper to 1 tin, i thought that the copper is main conducting element in wires
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

NewSwiss
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by NewSwiss »

Just saw the latest episode of Arumba's factorio series. Holy shit the extra (original) modules slots in Bob's chemical plants. THANK YOU ARCH666ANGEL.

CptnNormality
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by CptnNormality »

I just noticed that the smelting mod's missing an english localization for the steel technologies.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Arch666Angel wrote:Something I made on stream, halfway finished locomotive

May i advertise my skin patch for the Rail Tanker mod and Crawler trains: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/steinio/ ... gels_patch

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

I just tried the new beta version of Smelting and holy s.....

Its freaking amazing! Loving the concept and the complexity its going to bring. Now, you can build a proper factory for the resources instead of the magic material plate out of the furnace!

Just disliked the current plate textures (iron, copper style textures, gold style seems ok). They need some glare, some contrast. When on a compact belt, you cant distinguish a plate from the next one, making it very hard to see if the items are moving or not.

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

nagapito wrote:Just disliked the current plate textures (iron, copper style textures, gold style seems ok). They need some glare, some contrast. When on a compact belt, you cant distinguish a plate from the next one, making it very hard to see if the items are moving or not.
It's not exactly impossible to tell if items are moving (and the iron and copper plate textures are the ones from the base game). And anyway, if the belt is compact, surely you don't need to be able to tell if they're moving or not because it means that your supply is good enough to satisfy the demand.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Several questions about new angel smelting beta:
1) Where you plan to use sodium sulfate, now the by-product by production of chrome which will begin to be saved in terrible quantities soon
2) How to get platinum ore? We have full processing chain for platinum but can't get ore itself
3) Are u planing to add calcium silicate like in anonymods - this material for high tier furnaces, this is insulating material which can endure high temperaures
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

aklesey1 wrote:Several questions about new angel smelting beta:
1) Where you plan to use sodium sulfate, now the by-product by production of chrome which will begin to be saved in terrible quantities soon
2) How to get platinum ore? We have full processing chain for platinum but can't get ore itself
3) Are u planing to add calcium silicate like in anonymods - this material for high tier furnaces, this is insulating material which can endure high temperaures
good idea i greed

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

eloquentJane wrote:
nagapito wrote:Just disliked the current plate textures (iron, copper style textures, gold style seems ok). They need some glare, some contrast. When on a compact belt, you cant distinguish a plate from the next one, making it very hard to see if the items are moving or not.
It's not exactly impossible to tell if items are moving (and the iron and copper plate textures are the ones from the base game). And anyway, if the belt is compact, surely you don't need to be able to tell if they're moving or not because it means that your supply is good enough to satisfy the demand.
I find it hard for them to be the vanilla game textures.....
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (159.4 KiB) Viewed 7016 times
Last edited by nagapito on Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

eloquentJane wrote:
That's not really the point he's trying to make, and it has been bothering me as well.
Graphical Comparison
Judging what these are from a distance is quite difficult as they're very plain and "flat" almost like a sticky note. It also doesn't help that they're all identical in texture and are really dark in color.

Because the originals are brighter and more three dimensional, they really pop out at you on the belt. This means you can distinguish them apart from each other even at a zoomed out perspective. It's this popping out at you which really makes a critical difference, especially with steel plate which I always confuse for iron plates despite it being thinner and "stacked", but again they do look alike unless you're zoomed right into them.

The silver, gold, cobalt, chrome plates do pop out so they don't suffer this issue and are easily distinguishable from a distance, despite the identical texture. The same can also be said for the wires, which I honestly really like the new graphic for and they really stand out compared to the originals, they're great.

As a final note, anyone with visual impairments will really struggle with this as well. Someone who's colorblind or have less than ideal eyesight will rely on the visual difference to help them identify what each plate is. Yet even though this doesn't apply to me personally, I still mix them up. I can only imagine what they must think.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

I even forgot people with visual impairments....

For this reason, vanilla textures have not only different colours but also different textures! Notice how vanilla copper plate is slightly rotated compared to vanilla iron plate...

Return to “Angels Mods”