Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by Zyrconia »

And what are the farm products really good for? In early game.

I only tried them once for a bit. With some corn. Looked like a slow way to supplement your plastic. This time I'll try out all the recipes, but it is going to be a lot of trial an error.

Termak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Termak »

Fuel oil, plastic, easy glycerol for Bobs ammo, wood board from cellulose though with op arboretums generally not worth it.
I would say you dont NEED to use farms but they are nice extra thing to play with.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

I have noticed what might be a small inconsistency - with green science we can get Mk2 versions of blast furnace, induction furnace and casting machine. But ore processing machine Mk2 is blue sicence - this means that there is a need for separate variants of blueprint for those since ore processing machines need to be doubled when upgrading rest to Mk2 then we can drop two after blue science upgrade. Then we will get Mk3 and situation will be similar.
It seems that processing machines mark level is 1 mark behind in the science curve then rest of the processing chain. Is that by design?

Termak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Termak »

Well same goes for the strand casting machines and most tier2 smelting recipes after the basic metals are all blue science so i guess its by design.

Dr_Killedalot
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dr_Killedalot »

Just noticed there are also sheet coils for metal like Gold,manganese,zinc ect.

But there are no recipes for em O.o
Attachments
coils.PNG
coils.PNG (78.92 KiB) Viewed 7222 times

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Dr_Killedalot wrote:Just noticed there are also sheet coils for metal like Gold,manganese,zinc ect.

Haven't you researched them?

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Termak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Termak »

Those metals are used mostly only as ingots while making different alloys so they dont need to have the actual recipes. I guess they are just remains from copypasting and futureproofing.

Dr_Killedalot
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dr_Killedalot »

steinio wrote:
Dr_Killedalot wrote:Just noticed there are also sheet coils for metal like Gold,manganese,zinc ect.

Haven't you researched them?
I did , The recipes simply dont exist

Durabys
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Durabys »

Angel?
I think it should be possible to re-melt plates back into ingots.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Tomik wrote:Angel?
Yes, also rewind wires back into coils

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

with the coils, you are cutting them apart.

Durabys
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Durabys »

steinio wrote:
ukezi wrote:with the coils, you are cutting them apart.
No. Make it possible to melt ANY metal/material/plate back into its pure (aka: Periodic Table Element) base ingots. Wires, plates, coils, beams into ingots. Nitinol back into Nickle and Titanium. Brass into Copper and Zinc. Steel into Iron. All products of the Furnace/Casting/Strand machines should be recyclable into their recipe ingots.

Because it is done in Real Life. 49% percent of all steel, iron, rare earths and other metals on Earth is recycled from previous products.

That would make life so much fucking easier for us because we could use circuit network to create a smart recycling system for when we have too much of something. The only issue would be the energy required to turn back the materials into the base ingredients.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Tomik wrote:
steinio wrote:
ukezi wrote:with the coils, you are cutting them apart.
No. Make it possible to melt ANY metal/material/plate back into its pure (aka: Periodic Table Element) base ingots. Wires, plates, coils, beams into ingots. Nitinol back into Nickle and Titanium. Brass into Copper and Zinc. Steel into Iron. All products of the Furnace/Casting/Strand machines should be recyclable into their recipe ingots.

Because it is done in Real Life. 49% percent of all steel, iron, rare earths and other metals on Earth is recycled from previous products.

That would make life so much fucking easier for us because we could use circuit network to create a smart recycling system for when we have too much of something. The only issue would be the energy required to turn back the materials into the base ingredients.
I think this would be more something one could add as a separate mod/addon, I thought about this some time back but the thing is that adding such an option takes away some of the consequence of your decision making and introduces other problems like preventing infinite loops etc. So if you want feel free to add such an addon, but it's nothing I have planned for the near future.

lagelace
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by lagelace »

Any plans to rebalance chemical yields for bio processing? I was going to build an oil setup with polyethylene plastic production (getting the polyethylene from ethanol until I had the demand & high tech science for an accompanying natural gas setup), until i calculated that supplying the corresponding polyethylene for my 7 refineries would take 362 max tier wheaton farms and over 50mw of power (more than I'm currently producing) when things like processing the corn are factored in. I understand that yields for bio processing are going to be comparatively low, but it would literally be cheaper at this point for me to finish out my setup by putting down more refineries and running 97% of the separated oil directly into flare stacks just to get at the remaining fraction of ethane.

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

Damn, Slag Slurry Coal filtering is a positive Sulfuric acid loop.

Now how the heck am I going to balance that with Clean coke to Sulfuric...

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Zyrconia wrote:Damn, Slag Slurry Coal filtering is a positive Sulfuric acid loop.

It has been positive before, then got neutral at some point when I changed something about sulfur. Better to leave it neutral? The Idea is to have the slow coal filtering recipe with some gain in sulfur and the fast ceramic filtering with a loss of sulfur.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

All the best smelting recipes need sulfuric acid. There aren't enough surplus loops.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Zyrconia wrote:Damn, Slag Slurry Coal filtering is a positive Sulfuric acid loop.

Afaik, the sulfur requirements vary a lot, while progressing in the game. (circuits, batteries, advanced smelting, etc.) So its always good, to have some source of extra sulfur. If clean coke overflows, you can simply clarify the waste water. Or use backup coke smelting.
Or you can create sodium sulfate and dump it into glass mixture.

If you have to little sulfur, you can use chunk 1:N sorting for saphirite, stiratite and bobmonium to get the waste water from floatation, which also saves some catalysts. But its not easy to balance, if you cannot get rid of nickel, zinc and cobalt. (ScienceCostTweaker and Bobs new belts help :))
Or just clean coke to feed steam engines

Or ~1000 other possibilites :D

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

Arch666Angel wrote:

It has been positive before, then got neutral at some point when I changed something about sulfur. Better to leave it neutral? The Idea is to have the slow coal filtering recipe with some gain in sulfur and the fast ceramic filtering with a loss of sulfur.
No, leave at is.

There are too many builds and variations and shifts in demand so I wouldn't touch it right now, but I'll get back to you once I take the base to a point where it launches rockets with full throughput.

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

I'm also worried about Crystal Catalysts. Can you produce enough to sustain all pure N:1 ores? Time to test it.

Return to “Angels Mods”