Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

aeros1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by aeros1 »

aklesey1 wrote:1) Arch666Angel tell to us for what we need 4 types of valves? Tell please what they do
2) Question about converter valve - as i can understand we can convert only angel resources to another resources but not reverse? :?:
What if i want to convert, for example, chlorine from bob mods to angel mod chlorine?
Converter valves works some strange - sometimes it did action from 1 tick and stop working if it connected to petrochem gas tank, if it connected to vanilla storage tanks all works normal, strange bug
All converting recipes are very simple, why not to add reverse recipies - what for me i want to use all resources in one complex
3) Saline water have 2 ways to use - refinering mod and petrochem mod
Recipes are different:
a) 4 saline water = 1 sodium hydroxide + 1 chlorine + 1 hydrogen - in refinering mod - 0,25 chlorine on 1 saline water + 0,25 hydrogen on saline water + 0,25 sodium hydroxide on saline water
b) 10 saline water = 1 sodium hydroxide + 4 chlorine + 6 hydrogen - in petrochem mod - 0,4 chlorine on saline water + 0,6 hydrogen on saline water + 0,1 sodium hydroxide on saline water
So now we can produce big amount of hydrogen, a little less amount of chlorine (for me its sad because i need more chlorine for my tasks) and very small amount of sodium hydroxide, its looks like its mass production of hydrogen, but i donno where to use big amounts of hydrogen - i'm using CMHmod - this mod changes solid fuel from hydrogen recipe - now i need coal for that but not only hydrogen
You can totaly use hydrogen in petrochem mods, and one that you don't use make overflow flap. Used with pump in circuit network connected from storage to flare stack. Flare stack so far burns most things dunno about crystal slurry though. But it is totaly possible to just crash your geodes you get from refining, and then ones you don't use, use for chest full of amethysts target dummy. Wishes though there was variable pollution generation. So different recipes could modify. Also wish so flare stack produced pretty big polution levels, like really big. Good for production safety and some rare cases you need to dump too common resource into air.

(Edit: Flare stack burn only Angel's petrochem items, even raw oil. And sulphur dioxide)

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

What is the relationship between hydrogen and processing gems?
One of my questins was about where to use tthese big amount of hydrogen?
When i stuidied chains of geod processing i understood that i need more sulfur acid? more sulfur we can get from waste water - i don't like to get sulfuric acid from water + iron + sulfur - i like to get sulfuric acid from sulfur dioxide - i still need water but i don't need iron 8-)

Now i'm playing fro some time with petrochem and i can see that hydrogen can be used in these ways:
1) To get methanol
2) In advanced oil refinering
3) To get ammonia gas
4) To get sulfuric acid - but here's the question - bob mods have recipe - 2,5 sulfur dioxide + 2,5 water? how we can use hydrogen instiead of water? is it normal?

May be many questions with hydrogen is solved, waiting for for new about this mod this big details, good job Arch66Angel :)
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Everspace wrote:I noticed that you tend to repeat yourself when interfacing with other mods or twiddling things when dealing with config options. This leads to confusion and bugs. Like blueprinting, try to just state or build things once.

Consider when writing your ores and such, the following format:

I have to brush up on my Lua, but the above should work and be cleaner and easier to maintain.
Hey there I really appreciate the suggestion and input. The reason I dont dig into using functions is my personal preference to have everything in clear plain tables, so other people are able to read and use it who are not so knowledgeable with coding, also my own coding skills are quiet lacking, nothing I could also learn and dig in but that would require additional effort which I like to spend into making gfx for my mods instead :) And to be honest it looks nicer but if you dont do any fancy things (like iterating through fluids to set up void recipes...) I doubt it will save you that much time.
aklesey1 wrote:1) Arch666Angel tell to us for what we need 4 types of valves? Tell please what they do
2) Question about converter valve - as i can understand we can convert only angel resources to another resources but not reverse? :?:
What if i want to convert, for example, chlorine from bob mods to angel mod chlorine?
Converter valves works some strange - sometimes it did action from 1 tick and stop working if it connected to petrochem gas tank, if it connected to vanilla storage tanks all works normal, strange bug
All converting recipes are very simple, why not to add reverse recipies - what for me i want to use all resources in one complex
3) Saline water have 2 ways to use - refinering mod and petrochem mod
Recipes are different:
a) 4 saline water = 1 sodium hydroxide + 1 chlorine + 1 hydrogen - in refinering mod - 0,25 chlorine on 1 saline water + 0,25 hydrogen on saline water + 0,25 sodium hydroxide on saline water
b) 10 saline water = 1 sodium hydroxide + 4 chlorine + 6 hydrogen - in petrochem mod - 0,4 chlorine on saline water + 0,6 hydrogen on saline water + 0,1 sodium hydroxide on saline water
So now we can produce big amount of hydrogen, a little less amount of chlorine (for me its sad because i need more chlorine for my tasks) and very small amount of sodium hydroxide, its looks like its mass production of hydrogen, but i donno where to use big amounts of hydrogen - i'm using CMHmod - this mod changes solid fuel from hydrogen recipe - now i need coal for that but not only hydrogen
They should be more or less self explaining:
Non-Return: Fluids can only go in one direction
Check: Basically a pipe which is circuit connectable
Overflow: Fluid will only flow through if the input side is above 80% fluid level
Converter: Converts fluids from one mod to another

You can see all the available converter recipe at the bottom of the crafting tab (there is already an option to hide them).

The recipes will be consolidated when I have decided in which way I want to override or replace the recipes.

I don't expect to ever find a balance so you can use all the fluids/gases all the time, which the amount of recipes this is near impossible, so putting things through the flare stack is expected and nothing you should avoid. This is also something a company would do in real life, for example acid gas is often burnt away in a flare instead of converting it to its fractions and using it. That's also something I do want to implement with the technologies: You have to decide when setting up initially if you want to store these things or burn them away because you have to research the processing recipes first.

---
Sintering oven

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Ooohhh what that ovem do?? O.o
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

It will be in the smelting mod, for fusing together metal powders like tungsten and ceramics, something similar to baking clay pottery.

Also recolored the blast furnace to match it
ImageImage

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I don't expect to ever find a balance so you can use all the fluids/gases all the time, which the amount of recipes this is near impossible, so putting things through the flare stack is expected and nothing you should avoid. This is also something a company would do in real life, for example acid gas is often burnt away in a flare instead of converting it to its fractions and using it. That's also something I do want to implement with the technologies: You have to decide when setting up initially if you want to store these things or burn them away because you have to research the processing recipes first.
I want to use products which i can produce, i don't like to throw away unnecessary products? if i can storage them i'm trying to storage them, and i i'm trying to find the way where to use it

Do u thinks its inconveniently to override other entities? Why to convert bob resources like hydrogen oxygen sulfur and another? Please add option to replace bob resources on your resources in recipies
Mods must work in harmony u know ;)

Upd:
Guys, i'm sorry i'm feel like stupid, please forget what i'm said about revamping entities - the converter valve works in all directions - converting from angel resources to another and another resources to angel resources
when this thing was announced i couldn't understand why its need to us, so now idea of Arch666Angel is understanble :D

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Smelthing unit?

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

Arch666Angel wrote:Image
hi please make it possible to generate as yours and conventional resources at once standart, it is not convenient to get many resources from Yuki, bob and others
nucular, dark matter,
you and standart resources

I can take the test for this version.

thanks!

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

ImageImage

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Very nice!! You envolved well since the beggining.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Looks awesome, cool graphics style 8-)

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

[quote="Arch666Angel"]/quote]

Hello author please tell me
I would like to play with your mods, but that would be all of the standard resources that have bean, and your resources immediately. that I have been on the map, and nickel, and lead, and uranium resources and thy

and at the same time that would work your fashion and then unplug the processing or refining not ship me anything.

я хотел бы играть с твоими модами, но и что бы были все стандартные ресурсы что есть у боба, и твоими ресурсами сразу. что бы на карте был и никель, и свинец и уран, и твои ресурсы

и при этом что бы твои моды работали а то отключаю переработку или рефининг то не грузит у меня ничего.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Hello Arch666Angel,

i would suggest to change the ferric solution from Bob's mods from hydrogen chloride and iron ore to hydrogen chloride and iron powder.
This would allow me to convert all iron ore directly to processed iron ore.

Maybe there are another receipes with iron ore but don't found anything except concrete, but there is concrete powder from your mods.

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

steinio wrote:Hello Arch666Angel,

i would suggest to change the ferric solution from Bob's mods from hydrogen chloride and iron ore to hydrogen chloride and iron powder.
This would allow me to convert all iron ore directly to processed iron ore.

Maybe there are another receipes with iron ore but don't found anything except concrete, but there is concrete powder from your mods.

Greetings steinio
I will look into it when I get out the smelting mod, which will replace the processing mod. There will probably be two kinds of powders in there: powder from the (oxidized) ores and powder from the pure metal. This is a draft with iron as an example:
Attachments
smelting.png
smelting.png (327.53 KiB) Viewed 6218 times

StormTAG
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by StormTAG »

Is there anything one of us can do to help finish up the PetroChem mod? I know you still need technologies there and you were at one point looking at adding another, earlier resin recipe?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

StormTAG wrote:Is there anything one of us can do to help finish up the PetroChem mod? I know you still need technologies there and you were at one point looking at adding another, earlier resin recipe?
Feedback on what works and what not would be much appreciated :)

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Arch666Angel wrote:Feedback on what works and what not would be much appreciated :)
Not sure if it has been stated already but Petrochem doesn't work without bob's mods
first error is in your prototype overrides line 19

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Arch666Angel wrote: I will look into it when I get out the smelting mod, which will replace the processing mod. There will probably be two kinds of powders in there: powder from the (oxidized) ores and powder from the pure metal. This is a draft with iron as an example:
Nice picture so far.

I'll wait patiently for your new mods.
Until then i made a patch for the ferric solution: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/steinio/ ... _AnB_patch

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

steinio wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote: I will look into it when I get out the smelting mod, which will replace the processing mod. There will probably be two kinds of powders in there: powder from the (oxidized) ores and powder from the pure metal. This is a draft with iron as an example:
Nice picture so far.

I'll wait patiently for your new mods.
Until then i made a patch for the ferric solution: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/steinio/ ... _AnB_patch

Greetings steinio
Thx steinio for the addition.

---
So I decided to start this as a separate series: Angel's Addons

I will release things I decided not important for the main mod as separate things, they will be small additions to the mods themselves and not necessary to play, but rather additional mechanics and/or graphical variations. For example glorified chests like the ore-silos, themed storage tanks, recipe and pump for pumping ores through pipelines, etc

https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Arch666A ... s-oresilos

Return to “Angels Mods”