Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Carch
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by Carch »

no. they are not. the filtration recipes are there, but not the crystalizer. I've checked both UP's crafting menu as your refining recipes. they are not there. they are visible in the research tree however.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Carch wrote:no. they are not. the filtration recipes are there, but not the crystalizer. I've checked both UP's crafting menu as your refining recipes. they are not there. they are visible in the research tree however.
Give me 10 minutes to try a fix, I forgot something in the migration script.

Carch
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Carch »

just grateful for your quick responses, and thanks for the mods!

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Carch wrote:just grateful for your quick responses, and thanks for the mods!
Just distracting myself from studying :P Uploading a new version, leave me a line if it worked and glad you like them :)

drayath
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by drayath »

Minor bug report for you:

Deconstructing rocks with bots does not give geods
Missing name: "recipe-name: salt-water-electrolysis-2"

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

drayath wrote:Minor bug report for you:

Does the deconstruction give 20 or 10 stones per rock?

Carch
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Carch »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Just distracting myself from studying :P Uploading a new version, leave me a line if it worked and glad you like them :)
feel like I'm nagging. but I get this error on trying to load my world:
Error while applying migration: [AM] Angel's Refining: angelsrefining_0.2.4.lua

Cannot execute command. Error: [string "game.reload_script()
..."]:8: attempt to index global 'bobmods' (a nil value)

does not happen on starting a new world. so seems to be related to switching over to the new mod version?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Carch wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:
feel like I'm nagging. but I get this error on trying to load my world:

..."]:8: attempt to index global 'bobmods' (a nil value)

does not happen on starting a new world. so seems to be related to switching over to the new mod version?
Na that's fine, I'm just too stupid to write proper migration scripts :D Reuploading the 0.2.4 right now to the mod portal

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Remember that someone who upgraded it already won't get the update prompt again ;)

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

orzelek wrote:Remember that someone who upgraded it already won't get the update prompt again ;)
Even if it failed? :P

factoriofrenzy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by factoriofrenzy »

I still get the same error message upon loading :/

..."]:8: attempt to index global 'data' (a nil value)

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Next try, sorry for the inconvenience have to figure out "stuff" hope this one works as it should. uploading 0.2.5

Should look like this with every recipe enabled
Attachments
Image221.png
Image221.png (483.54 KiB) Viewed 6009 times

drayath
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by drayath »

Arch666Angel wrote:

Popup info for the deconstruction planner shows that you should get 10 stone and some geods
After deconstruction you just get 10 stone in your inventory.
Mining with steel pick gives 10 stone and geods.
This is with Factorio=13.3, Ore=3.1, Refining=2.4, Procession=2.0 on newly generated map.

factoriofrenzy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by factoriofrenzy »

Lifesaver man! All works. Thanks for modding :)

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

drayath wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:

Popup info for the deconstruction planner shows that you should get 10 stone and some geods
This is with Factorio=13.3, Ore=3.1, Refining=2.4, Procession=2.0 on newly generated map.
I think the issue is that mining the rock gives multiple item types as output, but the construction robot can only carry one type of item. So the only thing would be to write some kind of script and drop them on the ground, or change the stone to have a probability, deconstructing a rock would still yield just one item then, but it would be random which one, which I could do without scripting.

Phantum
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Phantum »

Arch666Angel wrote:
drayath wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:

I think the issue is that mining the rock gives multiple item types as output, but the construction robot can only carry one type of item. So the only thing would be to write some kind of script and drop them on the ground, or change the stone to have a probability, deconstructing a rock would still yield just one item then, but it would be random which one, which I could do without scripting.
What if you had it drop a boulder item, and then create some sort of splitter or something to split them into the geode's/etc?

Edit: also, is there a tutorial somewhere for this? cause I tried it with bob's and I couldn't figure out what I was doing o.o lol
---
I am a Streamer,
Fallen Sun Gaming by Name,
Factorio is Sometimes my Game.
For Some Goodness
Join me
on http://www.twitch.tv/fallensungaming

FSG may or may not be subliminally implanted in this signature

drayath
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by drayath »

Really brief guide

Start
1) miner->Ore crusher->smelter (item/copper/tin/lead)

Red Science
1) miner->Ore crusher->Ore Sorter->Smelters (+silicon & some more advanced ores)
2) miner->Ore crusher->Ore Sorter->Ore Processors->Smelters (give +20% yield bonus to basic metals and reduces smelters required 5 fold)
Early on best use for all the produced crushed stone is: crushed stone->stone->bricks (moderate quantities need for all the angel building)->walls as required
Store the slag will be useful a bit later
--
Green Science
Note: Flotation plants produce less iron/copper that the red science route, be wary if you don't need the extra ores/gems produced.
1) miner->Ore Crusher->Flotation Tank->Ore Sorter->(optionally) Ore Processor->Smelter (+Give Yukio ores if using that mod, +more advanced ores and geodes to make gems)

1a) To support this need to manage the water for the flotation tanks: offshore pump->hydro plants(purify water)->Flotation Tanks->Clarrifier
1b) Alternatively make a closed loop for Flotation Tanks water, which also produces some useful byproducts (sulfur, minerilized/contaminated water):
offshore pump->Hydo-plant[1 per 36ish Flotation Tanks](purify water)>tank (circuit network to switch off offshore pump if tank >2000)->flotation tanks
+
Flotation Tank->Hydo-plant[1 per 12ish Flotation Tanks](clean waste water)->flotation tanks. (there is some complexity here as there are some additional waste products to store/dispose off. If you let the purifying plant fill up the tank, the clean waste water plants will stop (as no room for output) which in turn stops the flotation tanks working as their waste water output is blocked.

2) Slag/Crushed stone (chemical plant) -> mineral slurry (filtration plant) -> Crystallizer (convert waste materials into your choice of extra ores)
3) Look at the Ore sorter recipes that use catalysts if you want more or certain ore types. In particular the iron/copper recites are easy to use if you have found any yellow/white ore patches, with the Brown catalysts required being made from the Mineral Slurry in the line above.
--
Mid-Late game
bio/alien processing route that allows making catalysts to focus on production of advanced ores. There is a diagram of the chain on the first page of one of the threads.

Note, this misses out quite a few building along the way to improve productivity etc. but should give an idea of the basic ore production chains.

Phantum
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Phantum »

drayath wrote:Really brief guide

Start
1) miner->Ore crusher->smelter (item/copper/tin/lead)

Red Science
1) miner->Ore crusher->Ore Sorter->Smelters (+silicon & some more advanced ores)
2) miner->Ore crusher->Ore Sorter->Ore Processors->Smelters (give +20% yield bonus to basic metals and reduces smelters required 5 fold)
Early on best use for all the produced crushed stone is: crushed stone->stone->bricks (moderate quantities need for all the angel building)->walls as required
Store the slag will be useful a bit later
--
Green Science
Note: Flotation plants produce less iron/copper that the red science route, be wary if you don't need the extra ores/gems produced.
1) miner->Ore Crusher->Flotation Tank->Ore Sorter->(optionally) Ore Processor->Smelter (+Give Yukio ores if using that mod, +more advanced ores and geodes to make gems)

1a) To support this need to manage the water for the flotation tanks: offshore pump->hydro plants(purify water)->Flotation Tanks->Clarrifier
1b) Alternatively make a closed loop for Flotation Tanks water, which also produces some useful byproducts (sulfur, minerilized/contaminated water):
offshore pump->Hydo-plant[1 per 36ish Flotation Tanks](purify water)>tank (circuit network to switch off offshore pump if tank >2000)->flotation tanks
+
Flotation Tank->Hydo-plant[1 per 12ish Flotation Tanks](clean waste water)->flotation tanks. (there is some complexity here as there are some additional waste products to store/dispose off. If you let the purifying plant fill up the tank, the clean waste water plants will stop (as no room for output) which in turn stops the flotation tanks working as their waste water output is blocked.

2) Slag/Crushed stone (chemical plant) -> mineral slurry (filtration plant) -> Crystallizer (convert waste materials into your choice of extra ores)
3) Look at the Ore sorter recipes that use catalysts if you want more or certain ore types. In particular the iron/copper recites are easy to use if you have found any yellow/white ore patches, with the Brown catalysts required being made from the Mineral Slurry in the line above.
--
Mid-Late game
bio/alien processing route that allows making catalysts to focus on production of advanced ores. There is a diagram of the chain on the first page of one of the threads.

Note, this misses out quite a few building along the way to improve productivity etc. but should give an idea of the basic ore production chains.
ah ok, and thanks! :) Is there an early game way to automate the plate production? I couldn't figure out how to seperate the ore from the stone outputs in the crusher without going to sorters, which with bob's mods is quite a ways off?
---
I am a Streamer,
Fallen Sun Gaming by Name,
Factorio is Sometimes my Game.
For Some Goodness
Join me
on http://www.twitch.tv/fallensungaming

FSG may or may not be subliminally implanted in this signature

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

There are several ways you can handle this, the one is use most of the time is to put the mixed crushed stone + ore belt through the furnace column and if you made the column long enough there is only the excess stone at the end which can go to an assembler line crafting stone from crushed. Thats for the direct smelting of saphirite etc.

If you sort the raw ores and have a mixed belt of copper, iron and slag you can do something similar with the ore processing plat at the moment, one belt, on one side you have processing plants taking copper ore to make processed copper on the other you have processing plants making processed iron whats left at the end of the line is the slag.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Do you plan to add mk2 3 clarifiers and hydro plants?

Return to “Angels Mods”