Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by Arch666Angel »

steinio wrote:Hello,

first your mod is ... amazing.
I'm playing it with bob's mods and reworking the fifth time my angels setup o_O.

Is there any bug with the clarifier or how does it work?
It moved a quarter round and stuck.

Maybe some tutorial like words in general to your items would help.

About the name you already know i guess.

Greetings steinio
It should void the "water" which my mod adds, just pipe it in and it should start working (its a furnace type). If it does not work like that I have to look into it again. Haven't really thoroughly tested it to be honest.
dreadxx990 wrote:Is it just me or bug RSO problem for process ore but its not really infinite ore
There is a config option in RSO to switch on/off having infinite ores in the starting area, else you need at least RSO 1.5.0 and the latest angelsinfiniteores for it to work.
BlakeMW wrote:
cajuninabox wrote:I'm having trouble with the Ore Refinery step in the Processing mod. The only way to make basic catalysts is with mineral sludge, and the only way to get enough mineral sludge is from slag. But sorting Purified materials doesn't yield slag. This means I have to divert some of my resources into a lower level refining step, for the sole purpose of getting slag. Did I miss something, or set something up wrong?
Unless it was fixed in the latest version, the crushed stone to mineral slurry recipe is not available in vanilla, but I believe it is intended to be. I modified the lua files manually to enable it in vanilla.
It should be in there, at least I remember changing it :D

---
What I have been up to:
Finished Separator for petrochems mod:

And a smothering amount of icons

And Braaaiinnnnnnzzz

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Arch666Angel wrote:

I'm playing it with bob's mods and reworking the fifth time my angels setup o_O.

Greetings steinio
It should void the "water" which my mod adds, just pipe it in and it should start working (its a furnace type). If it does not work like that I have to look into it again. Haven't really thoroughly tested it to be honest.
dreadxx990 wrote:Is it just me or bug RSO problem for process ore but its not really infinite ore
There is a config option in RSO to switch on/off having infinite ores in the starting area, else you need at least RSO 1.5.0 and the latest angelsinfiniteores for it to work.
BlakeMW wrote:
cajuninabox wrote:I'm having trouble with the Ore Refinery step in the Processing mod. The only way to make basic catalysts is with mineral sludge, and the only way to get enough mineral sludge is from slag. But sorting Purified materials doesn't yield slag. This means I have to divert some of my resources into a lower level refining step, for the sole purpose of getting slag. Did I miss something, or set something up wrong?
Unless it was fixed in the latest version, the crushed stone to mineral slurry recipe is not available in vanilla, but I believe it is intended to be. I modified the lua files manually to enable it in vanilla.
It should be in there, at least I remember changing it :D

---
What I have been up to:
Finished Separator for petrochems mod:

And a smothering amount of icons

And Braaaiinnnnnnzzz
Looks nice, i like it, so when we can try Petrochem mod?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Greetings steinio
Looks like I made a false assumption in setting up the recipes, I think I know why it wont work currently. Has something to do with the output of the void recipes being a fluid and not an item. Will fix this for the next refining update, but I will wait with everything for the 0.13 release and possible other bugs/fixes I might have to do.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I hope 0.13 will be out tomorrow, i swear that developers can do this, i think they did giant wot=rk under 0.12 version and we all ready to 0.13

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Hello,

my Hydro plants are clogging the hole production chain.

Could you consider about 1 Sulfur per tick?
Could it not be 0.1 or something?

I know it would only postpone the clogging put so the sulfur acid factory has enough time to consume the sulfur.

And if i plan to going larger... i must probably InstantVoid the sulfur :)

Greetings steinio
Attachments
Hydro plant.png
Hydro plant.png (1.42 MiB) Viewed 6530 times

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

aklesey1 wrote:I hope 0.13 will be out tomorrow, i swear that developers can do this, i think they did giant wot=rk under 0.12 version and we all ready to 0.13
We will wait for 0.13 to 27th june http://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-143
I want to try new angel mod, yeah it will be long week :D and i don't want to bore

Tindrith
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tindrith »

steinio wrote: Could you consider about 1 Sulfur per tick?
Funny, in my planned setup I will have to produce more than 100 Sulfur per second in addition to the water treatment. But I have at least 12 Diamond ore per second, with which I can't do anything useful.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Tindrith wrote:
steinio wrote: Could you consider about 1 Sulfur per tick?
Funny, in my planned setup I will have to produce more than 100 Sulfur per second in addition to the water treatment. But I have at least 12 Diamond ore per second, with which I can't do anything useful.
Where would you use the sulfur?

I currently only know the sulfuric acid, but maybe i oversee something.
The explosives also use sulfur but i don't need them really.

Do you have a screenshot?

I didn't manage to produce the white circuits in bob's because of all this puzzling and interconnections between the materials.
Love it.
Never saw a rocket by myself since i bought this game :)

Greetings steinio

View unread Posts

Tindrith
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tindrith »

No, I don't have a screenshot, up until now it is a spreadsheet-base and with that setup I will need more than 240 sulfur per second to create the necessary acid for electronics, refining, batteries and ammunition. About a third of that goes directly towards creating Cordite.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

You will need a lot of sulfur for the leaching of the ores, also in the next version the clarifier "should" work so you can void the waste water and therefore the sulfur if you want. For the gems I have an idea, I could change that to the unsorted gem ore bob also has and then require it to go through the sorting plant, would make sense. And then add a "dump" recipe for turning them into mineral sludge, like I did for the stone.
Also I want to add a kind of rare earth refining line (rare earth metals -> magnet -> electric engines), which could also be a product of this unsorted ore, maybe calling it by another name then.

Edit: @steinio just saw that you are already using the unsorted ore option there :D

Tindrith
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tindrith »

I support the unsorted gems and the dump recipe. And I definitely approve of rare earth magnets in electric engines.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Tindrith wrote:I support the unsorted gems and the dump recipe. And I definitely approve of rare earth magnets in electric engines.
If you change the setting in bobsconfig for having the unsorted gem ore, the refining will also output the unsorted gem ore instead of the individual gems.

Tindrith
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tindrith »

Should have thought about that earlier. Would have saved me 5 belt lanes in my sorting base.

Tindrith
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tindrith »

Do I really have to start a new game for the unsorted gems change to affect the chunk recipe? Resetting recipes does not work.

P.S.: It does work now, is the output of the recipe coded into the crushed ore entities?

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Great!

I need more oxygen for sulfuric acid. Damn.

Crafting Artifacts adds rare earth for alien science (viewtopic.php?f=93&t=14258).
Maybe you could work with it.

View unread Posts

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Tindrith wrote:Do I really have to start a new game for the unsorted gems change to affect the chunk recipe? Resetting recipes does not work.

P.S.: It does work now, is the output of the recipe coded into the crushed ore entities?
The ore output is in the ore recipe itself. Things like the gems are added following bobs.config, its more or less the same thing he does.

Code: Select all

--OVERRIDE FOR BOBs
if bobmods.config then
	if bobmods.config.ores.UnsortedGemOre then
	table.insert(data.raw["recipe"]["angelsore1-chunk"].results,{type="item", name="gem-ore", amount=1, probability=0.2})
	table.insert(data.raw["recipe"]["angelsore2-chunk"].results,{type="item", name="gem-ore", amount=1, probability=0.2})
	table.insert(data.raw["recipe"]["angelsore3-chunk"].results,{type="item", name="gem-ore", amount=1, probability=0.2})
	table.insert(data.raw["recipe"]["angelsore4-chunk"].results,{type="item", name="gem-ore", amount=1, probability=0.2})
	table.insert(data.raw["recipe"]["angelsore5-chunk"].results,{type="item", name="gem-ore", amount=1, probability=0.2})
	table.insert(data.raw["recipe"]["angelsore6-chunk"].results,{type="item", name="gem-ore", amount=1, probability=0.2})
	else
	table.insert(data.raw["recipe"]["angelsore1-chunk"].results,{type="item", name="ruby-ore", amount=1, probability=0.2})
	table.insert(data.raw["recipe"]["angelsore2-chunk"].results,{type="item", name="sapphire-ore", amount=1, probability=0.2})
	table.insert(data.raw["recipe"]["angelsore3-chunk"].results,{type="item", name="emerald-ore", amount=1, probability=0.2})
	table.insert(data.raw["recipe"]["angelsore4-chunk"].results,{type="item", name="amethyst-ore", amount=1, probability=0.2})
	table.insert(data.raw["recipe"]["angelsore5-chunk"].results,{type="item", name="topaz-ore", amount=1, probability=0.2})
	table.insert(data.raw["recipe"]["angelsore6-chunk"].results,{type="item", name="diamond-ore", amount=1, probability=0.2})
	end 
end

johnnyBgoode
Inserter
Inserter

Post by johnnyBgoode »

Made an imgur album to show off the really slow progress of my bobathon with angels factory.
http://imgur.com/a/R2Qze

Notes
  • - Ore refining is just waiting for another refactoring (Forgot there was a Ore refinery)
    - 1st half of Ore Processing is just copypasting templates for now
    - 2nd half of Ore Processing designing was delayed because I separated my chip production.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

omg I guess my factory is very small compared to yours.

View unread Posts

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

@johnnyBgoode

Holy crap that is one giant processing plant, I like it!

---
Something I'm working on as a peek for the wait for 0.13
Attachments
strand-casting-machine-2.png
strand-casting-machine-2.png (291.73 KiB) Viewed 6499 times
strand-casting-machine.png
strand-casting-machine.png (192.4 KiB) Viewed 6499 times

Sedar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sedar »

Arch666Angel wrote:@johnnyBgoode
Something I'm working on as a peek for the wait for 0.13
wow, It looks impressive, amazing woork.

I am looking forward to the petrochem release. :D

Return to “Angels Mods”