Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

IhanaMies
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by IhanaMies »

johnnyBgoode wrote: ok if this is working properly and I'm reading it properly you changed the input/output ratio of the ore processing? is that correct? 2 iron ore still should produce 5 plates and ingots go 1 to 1?
I made each processing step to increase ore output by +50%. It felt balanced generally and with bobs ores that way

Edit: I don't remember the exact ratios, but you can check them with foreman for example

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

kunkka wrote:Hello!

How can I use the Angels Ores as an "endless resources mod"?
I would like to play with a higher "minimum yield" option like 50-60% of the original yield.
I don't like to setup new outposts in every 15 min, first time it was fun, but now it is pure pain.

I want to start a new game with vanilla + Nucular mod + Angels Infinite Ores + RSO. (I don't plan trying out Bob's mods until 0.13).
Can anyone help me? I can't find this in the config or in the discussion.

Thanks!

Sorry for my English.
Rso will turn a part of the ore fields to infinite ore patches if angelsores is present. For changing the yield you have to wait for the next version which has a config option to do so, can perhaps upload it on Monday.

kunkka
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kunkka »

Alright, thanks for the answer and for the mod!
I will check back after a few days.

brab
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by brab »

I cannot find what I can use mineral water for. I read somewhere that I can do fibres with them, but I cannot find the recipe. Could someone please lend me a hand?

I'm using Bob's modes + Angel Refining and Infinite Ores.

Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pandemoneus »

brab wrote:I cannot find what I can use mineral water for. I read somewhere that I can do fibres with them, but I cannot find the recipe. Could someone please lend me a hand?

I'm using Bob's modes + Angel Refining and Infinite Ores.
You need to research Bio Processing. Then you can use it to make algae which can be used to make fibre.
My RSO+Bob's+Angel's modpack: Farlands (outdated)
Mods (current): Resource Labels
Mods (old): Biter Spires

brab
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by brab »

Pandemoneus wrote:You need to research Bio Processing. Then you can use it to make algae which can be used to make fibre.
Thank you for the suggestion. It seems that I need Angel Processing for that, or did I miss something? Is there a way to use mineral water with only Angel Refining?

Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pandemoneus »

brab wrote:
Pandemoneus wrote:You need to research Bio Processing. Then you can use it to make algae which can be used to make fibre.
Thank you for the suggestion. It seems that I need Angel Processing for that, or did I miss something? Is there a way to use mineral water with only Angel Refining?
You actually do need Angel's processing for that, yes. I am not sure whether there is a use if you only use refining.
My RSO+Bob's+Angel's modpack: Farlands (outdated)
Mods (current): Resource Labels
Mods (old): Biter Spires

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Without the processing there is no actual use, I will add a clarifier for the specialized waters in the next update which acts as a void pump, but I'm also considering doing something similar to the crushed stone that you can turn the mineralized water into mineral slug at a disadvantaged rate, as a kind of dump for it or just cut it out if there is no processing mod present.

Also have an idea now how to finally change the ore chains in the processing mod :evil:

brab
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by brab »

Thank you for the information. I think I should really start playing with the processing mod then!

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

angelsprocessing

I had an idea
and you can immediately open technology *? so that we could just deal with at least iron and copper?
ie not to open and start with this treatment, iron and copper.

у меня возникла мысль
а можно сразу открыть технологию*? так что бы можно было сразу заниматься, хотя бы железом и меди?
то есть не открывать а сразу начать с этой обработки железа и меди.

johnnyBgoode
Inserter
Inserter

Post by johnnyBgoode »

Are there any options to automate catalyst production? I have peaceful mod on and was wondering if the only way was to create an alien farm or find a mod that can solve this problem?

Catbert
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Catbert »

I don't play peaceful but i never needed the alien catalyst. If you do, Angels Processing can produce alien artifacts.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Catbert wrote:I don't play peaceful but i never needed the alien catalyst. If you do, Angels Processing can produce alien artifacts.
You can, but you need some alien artefact to kicksart the whole process at the moment. So if you dont have any biters at all you either need another mod, or you have to cheat yourself a handful via console to start the process. That will change when I get to make a model for an air filter :D

johnnyBgoode
Inserter
Inserter

Post by johnnyBgoode »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Catbert wrote:I don't play peaceful but i never needed the alien catalyst. If you do, Angels Processing can produce alien artifacts.
You can, but you need some alien artefact to kicksart the whole process at the moment. So if you dont have any biters at all you either need another mod, or you have to cheat yourself a handful via console to start the process. That will change when I get to make a model for an air filter :D

Just got some small alien artifacts by sacrificing 17 laser turrets (salute). Hopefully that group of biters doesnt suddenly attack my defenseless base.

BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BlakeMW »

Arch666Angel wrote: 2. On the topic of the vanilla refining: I stated somewhere earlier that I'm not happy with the way the vanilla refining works, because it is just an adaptation of the specialized refining for bobs+ which is my main focus, that is also the reason why some of the ratios are off and it isn't really well balanced. And I'm still thinking about ideas and ways to change it, one way I'm considering is to use the angelsores also for the vanilla refining and have them yield different chunks of copper and iron (+other minor mods ore) in different yields.
I think a very interesting dynamic in Vanilla would be to have high grade ores which can be smelted directly (for example meteoric iron and native copper) but are only available in small amounts, and lower grade ores (oxides and sulfides) which require more advanced processing but are available in a far greater abundance and if appropriate produce secondary resources (like sulfur). Realistically iron should be relatively pure (or in other words most the output of iron mining should be iron) while copper mining should produce a greater amount of other resources mainly since generally a much greater volume of rock has to be processed to extract copper. Although I'm not sure how that'd work out in the vanilla game with iron and copper being used in approximately equal amounts.

Tindrith
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tindrith »

What's your priority come 0.13? Finishing PetroChem or correcting any potential incompatibilities?

By the way: BIG fan of the whole Angels lineup.

secondadvent
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by secondadvent »

I know the MK2 crusher speed being equal to MK3 was already mentioned, but it appears the same issue is present on the MK2 ore refinery (has 1.5 like the MK3, where a speed of 1 is likely desired to match other MK2 machine speeds). Wasn't sure if this one was mentioned as well, but thought I'd point it out just in case.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

BlakeMW wrote: I think a very interesting dynamic in Vanilla would be to have high grade ores which can be smelted directly (for example meteoric iron and native copper) but are only available in small amounts, and lower grade ores (oxides and sulfides) which require more advanced processing but are available in a far greater abundance and if appropriate produce secondary resources (like sulfur). Realistically iron should be relatively pure (or in other words most the output of iron mining should be iron) while copper mining should produce a greater amount of other resources mainly since generally a much greater volume of rock has to be processed to extract copper. Although I'm not sure how that'd work out in the vanilla game with iron and copper being used in approximately equal amounts.
If I change the vanilla refining, the most logical version would be to also use my own ores and have them produce ore chunks with different yields and different compositions, for example the ores that are not present in the starting area would have a "better/rewarding" composition compared to the starting area patches. And then add a line so you can "upgrade" the chunks to higher yields. So something like you suggested only adapted for the my existing system.
Tindrith wrote:What's your priority come 0.13? Finishing PetroChem or correcting any potential incompatibilities?

By the way: BIG fan of the whole Angels lineup.
Probably correcting incompatibilities. The PetroChem wont be ready then, the assets are in the game, but I havent even started to give the recipes actual values. Glad you like it :)
secondadvent wrote:I know the MK2 crusher speed being equal to MK3 was already mentioned, but it appears the same issue is present on the MK2 ore refinery (has 1.5 like the MK3, where a speed of 1 is likely desired to match other MK2 machine speeds). Wasn't sure if this one was mentioned as well, but thought I'd point it out just in case.
That's one you might seen in the lua files, because the MK3 refinery is defined there, but there is no recipe ingame to get it. And I will probably remove the definition because I dont plan to use it at the moment.

Tindrith
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tindrith »

Why does Saphirite and Rubyte provide Ruby and Topaz, respectively, and not Sapphire and Ruby?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Tindrith wrote:Why does Saphirite and Rubyte provide Ruby and Topaz, respectively, and not Sapphire and Ruby?
Because....reasons :D The ores got their names way after I included the gems.

Return to “Angels Mods”