Bioprocessing: avoiding fish butchering

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

leeux
Inserter
Inserter

Bioprocessing: avoiding fish butchering

Post by leeux »

Unless I'm mistaken: there used to be a way to avoid having to butcher fishes (I'm talking about several months ago, last time I checked this) and instead going via puffers only. Now I can't seem to find that chain, but I'm sure I searched for it in the past and I was able to find a way to bypass the fish breeding and butchering.

I don't want to have to breed and butcher fish in my game, if there's no way to avoid it, does someone knows of a mod that I can use to modify this part of the chain so I can still have access to modules and other things that are locked behind polluted fish waters?

I'm at the point where I need to unlock modules and also I need to start generating gardens but all of that is unaccessible unless you at least start petting/breeding fishes, which makes me a bit uncomfortable and I'd prefer to avoid that route.

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Bioprocessing: avoiding fish butchering

Post by DaleStan »

I think I found a fish-free route that starts with creating raw crystal splinters in a Biter Refugium. If you want to avoid biters too, you can make polluted artificial fish water from artificial fish water and raw meat, and farm puffers for meat.

leeux
Inserter
Inserter

Post by leeux »

DaleStan wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:35 am
I think I found a fish-free route that starts with creating raw crystal splinters in a Biter Refugium. If you want to avoid biters too, you can make polluted artificial fish water from artificial fish water and raw meat, and farm puffers for meat.
Thank you! Gonna have to recheck again then, I was having trouble finding it yesterday, but it was late and I was already tired. If it is as you said, then it's probably what I saw back then when I checked.

What threw me in a loop was the fact that in my old base I'm sure I had a way to generate gardens that was fish water free and now I can't seem to find it, so perhaps that's what changed only.

In any case, I'm still a few techs behind from being able to breed puffers so I'll need to explore and find a few more gardens first so I can generate enough samples to research it all.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Making gardens requires you to make alien bacteria, which you "normally" get from fish water. But I want to claim there is a way to get the bacteria from farming mushredtato or some other plant. I don't recall if it's realistic to start farming mushredtato before having automated gardens, but maybe take a look at that too.

leeux
Inserter
Inserter

Post by leeux »

Thanks! Yeah I saw that, and it's a good idea too.

In the end I had to give up the idea of using puffers only and make a Santa Ray fish petting/breeding build in order to have enough polluted fish water for the initial setup (module research), and that is working already... Now I'm dealing with the crystal making part, still trying to find the best place to build it, since it requires stuff from all over the factory.

Sorry for the late reply, it's been some time since I checked the forums... been a bit ill these last week.

EDIT: As for the gardens without fish water, I remembered what happened: In my old base I used to also have all the MadClown's mods too, and one of them add recipes for creating gardens that don't need fish water! This time I decided not to use MadClown's mods from the start, but I didn't knew one of the things that I was going to miss was this one!

Return to “Angels Mods”