Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Akronymus
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Alien artifact research

Post by Akronymus »

Failok wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:36 pm
In which laboratory should small "Alien artifact" be invested in order for the technology to be studied?
Same question here, but I use the angels science and component overhauls. Went through creative/cheat mode to check all the labs and none seemed to accept them.

ctalkep_
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by ctalkep_ »

the seed extractor from angel's bioprocessing needs clay bricks to craft but doesn't have the clay bricks set as prerequisite research

Nerby
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Unable to produce Green Board

Post by Nerby »

I suppose the one explained here is a bug, but I'll let someone else decide. In my current game I am playing with nearly all BobAngel's mods and also MadClown01's Extended minerals and Processing mods.

In Angel's industry I also enabled the component overhaul and the technology overhaul flags. I like both these options a lot.

However, I'm stuck at a point where I want to produce Green Circuit. Going down the chain of ingredients, I end needing Fermentation Base (to produce Ethanol, then Liquid Resin, Green Board, Green Circuit Board and finally Green Circuit). I can produce all other ingredients, but not Fermentation Base, becaus it either needs Corn or Fruit, and both are unavailable with the technologies I have ... and to research the new technologies that would make them available I need Green Circuits.

Can anyone help?

Thanks a lot,

Nerby

PS Attached
my savegame.zip
(12.83 MiB) Downloaded 14 times
at the moment when I am stuck

PS2 I found a solution, see my post below.
Last edited by Nerby on Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nerby
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Able to produce Green Circuits!!

Post by Nerby »

Hello All,

I don't know if it was the intended solution to the problem I presented in my previous post, but I was able to produce Green Circuits!

The main problem is that I couldn't find a way to produce Fermentation Base, nedded to produce Ethanol, then Liquid Resin, then Green Board and so on. I couldn't produce Fermentation Base because the two available recipes were using Corn or Fruit.

I found a way to produce Corn:
  • By using some radars (and the very useful Factory Search mod), I searched two Desert Gardens around my base. Both of them were very far.
  • With a long walk I picked them, and put them in a Seed Extractor.
  • The Seed Extractor produced some Primedeadelion, and and also 32 Alien Plant-life Samples.
  • I used the samples to research Desert Farming 1, so that I could unlock the Primedeadelion farming recipe.
  • Indeed, instead of directly producing Corn with the Primedeadelion seeds, I used them to bootstrap Primedeadelion farming.
  • Farming produced abundance of Primedeadelion, which in turn I can use to produce as much Corn as I need.
At this point my next worry was that I had consumed a very rare resource: Desert Garden... but I found I can produce it with the Farming 2 technology. This is well down my technology tree, but luckily no technolgy on the path uses Alien Plant-life Samples (which I had produced with Desert Gardens!)

Long log way to solve the problem, but solved!

I hope this can help anyone hitting my same problem, it took me three days of experimenting and half a day checking the solution, but in the end I know I can go on with my base.

Best regards,

Nerby

FactsOfFactory
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by FactsOfFactory »

I'm using all of Bobs&Angels mods and there's a loop to generate infinite resources without needing any mining or needing any resources beyond the initial resources to get the chain started. Or is that why it's named Angel's Infinite resource mod?

I run a circle: 2 Induction Furnaces into 1 casting machine, feeding its output back into the Induction Furnaces via a chest. I have to add a starter good, to get the induction furnaces running initially, but the casting machine output is slightly higher than what the induction furnaces use as input. So by starting with 1k solder for example, I can leave it in this closed loop and come back to 10k solder after some time.

Fun times, cause I was legit stuck and unable to produce more Solder until this cheesy move came around :mrgreen:

Here's a minimum viable setup
Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 19.40.16.png
Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 19.40.16.png (1.36 MiB) Viewed 543 times

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

FactsOfFactory wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:37 pm
I'm using all of Bobs&Angels mods and there's a loop to generate infinite resources without needing any mining or needing any resources beyond the initial resources to get the chain started. Or is that why it's named Angel's Infinite resource mod?

I run a circle: 2 Induction Furnaces into 1 casting machine, feeding its output back into the Induction Furnaces via a chest. I have to add a starter good, to get the induction furnaces running initially, but the casting machine output is slightly higher than what the induction furnaces use as input. So by starting with 1k solder for example, I can leave it in this closed loop and come back to 10k solder after some time.

Fun times, cause I was legit stuck and unable to produce more Solder until this cheesy move came around :mrgreen:

Screenshot.png
I'm not sure what is going on here but no, it does not sound intended. It would be easier to follow if your screenshot had Alt mode enabled.

Presumably the casting machine is turning Molten Lead and Molten Tin into Solder. This part looks fine.

Do you somehow have induction furnace recipes to turn solder into molten lead or molten tin? Which mod adds these recipes? Some kind of recycling mod perhaps?
Dev for Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Helmod, Sea Block, Circuit Processing, Science Cost Tweaker.

Buy me a coffee

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Able to produce Green Circuits!!

Post by KiwiHawk »

Nerby wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:35 pm
Hello All,

I don't know if it was the intended solution to the problem I presented in my previous post, but I was able to produce Green Circuits!
Glad to hear that you worked it out!

Yes, it's intended that you will use one of the found gardens to research a farming tech first, before unlocked garden duplication. These first tier of farming techs also ignore the tech cost multiplier (if set).
Dev for Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Helmod, Sea Block, Circuit Processing, Science Cost Tweaker.

Buy me a coffee

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

ctalkep_ wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:01 pm
the seed extractor from angel's bioprocessing needs clay bricks to craft but doesn't have the clay bricks set as prerequisite research
Yes, this is intended. The current policy is to not add prerequisites for building ingredients. The aim is to prevent the tech tree becoming too cluttered.

Buy me a coffee

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Alien artifact research

Post by KiwiHawk »

Failok wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:36 pm
In which laboratory should small "Alien artifact" be invested in order for the technology to be studied?
The tech should automatically research when the artifacts are collected. No need for a lab.

Buy me a coffee

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Alien artifacts logistics request

Post by KiwiHawk »

Spacey42 wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:46 am
Ok, it's hidden behind research. You might have *checks logistics* 43000 of the artifacts in your logistics network, but you can't create a request until after alien microbe processing 3 research is complete.
Haha yeah, that sounds less than ideal. I'll log that to get fixed.

As a workaround until then, I think you still can create a request by having the item in your cursor. Even if the item doesn't appear in the selector.

Buy me a coffee

FactsOfFactory
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by FactsOfFactory »

KiwiHawk wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:20 pm
FactsOfFactory wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:37 pm

Screenshot.png
I'm not sure what is going on here but no, it does not sound intended. It would be easier to follow if your screenshot had Alt mode enabled.

Presumably the casting machine is turning Molten Lead and Molten Tin into Solder. This part looks fine.

Do you somehow have induction furnace recipes to turn solder into molten lead or molten tin? Which mod adds these recipes? Some kind of recycling mod perhaps?
My bad, I had installed an Angel's Extended - Remelting - Fixed mod, which included a recipe to convert solder to molten solder inside an induction furnace. This mod has buggy values, since the induction furnace converts 4 solder into 35 molten solder, while the casting machine converts 40 molten solder into 6 solder, leaving a surplus of 1.89 solder for every 4.11 solder used.

Nerby
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Problem with plastics

Post by Nerby »

Hello All,

I'm here again with another problem with Angel's petrochem mod.

I want to produce Orange Boards, which need Cellulose Fiber and Liquid Plastic. The problem is with liquid plastic: the Plastic 1 techonology may be unlocked only with orange circuits, which of course are made with orange boards ... and this makes makes a tech loop. Also, it isn't clear the purpose of the Plastics technology, which unlocks Plastic Bars and Pipes, but plastic bar is not doable until we have liquid plastic: why is this technology so early, if it cannot be used at all?

I must confess that there may be way out of this (I'm using the conditional because I did not test it, yet), which is via Bio-Plastics technology: with the liquid plastic that I can produce in this way, I can then craft enough orange boards to unlock the Plastics 1 and subsequent technologies.

Still the unclarity above remains: what is the purpose of the Plastics tech?

Berst regards,

Nerby

cosstrig
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Missing Recipes from Sintering oven

Post by cosstrig »

Hi All,

I have reached the point that I have managed to mix cobalt powder and Tungsten powder to Tungsten powder mixture to create tungsten plates.
My Sintering oven is completely empty. when I click on it a window pop up saying "No recipes available".
Screenshot 2024-04-20 131706.jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-20 131706.jpg (278.25 KiB) Viewed 137 times
Any ideas what am I missing?
I use the angelbob modpack
Last edited by cosstrig on Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Angels Mods”