Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by Airat9000 »

Arch666Angel wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:Oooh big thanks for creating purified water from oxygen and hydrogen - so this is how we can "burn" the hydrogen, really big thanks, my prayers were answered :mrgreen:
And as i can understand we don't need petroleum gas now - it's in past now - there still remains a recipe for chlor methane in processing mod, may be u forgot about this recipie - our problem lies in the fact that we now cannot produce petroleum gas - we can get it only throw converter pipe using via methane, butr its looks funny
As stated many times before: I wont update anything about the processing mod.

Hydrogen can also be used to create synthesis gas and then turned into lighter hydrocarbons.

:!: thanks! mod in 0.1.7 woks< bug in lost

pederbonde
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by pederbonde »

Arch666Angel wrote: There was in issue with the tech, which I still don't have resolved fully, starting a new game the recipe for calcium chloride should be there. If you upgraded from 0.1.5 and already have researched chemical processing 2 from bobs, you might need to force activate it. /c game.player.force.recipes["calcium-chloride"].enabled = true

the hydrofluoric-acid from ore is an additional recipe/source for later, at the moment you can get hydrofluoric-acid from cracking the acid-gas which is a byproduct of the raw-gas-refining.

Thanks, yea im not sure what version i started from but i been playing a couple of days. latest update i did today to see if that resolved the issue.
it did not but your console command did.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

pederbonde wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote: There was in issue with the tech, which I still don't have resolved fully, starting a new game the recipe for calcium chloride should be there. If you upgraded from 0.1.5 and already have researched chemical processing 2 from bobs, you might need to force activate it. /c game.player.force.recipes["calcium-chloride"].enabled = true

the hydrofluoric-acid from ore is an additional recipe/source for later, at the moment you can get hydrofluoric-acid from cracking the acid-gas which is a byproduct of the raw-gas-refining.

Thanks, yea im not sure what version i started from but i been playing a couple of days. latest update i did today to see if that resolved the issue.
it did not but your console command did.
Good to hear that it worked :)

@Nexela
If you are reading this: We need a new Petrochems megatrain video :D

---
So thanks to @Exasperation who provided me with a powerful set of functions for the overrides my life got a bit easier and I hope that I got all the overrides now that I need. In the new version I added a line for making rocket fuel, which was in part inspired by N.Tech chemistry. You will need Hydrazine and Dimethylhydrazine to make rocket fuel now, Hydrazine can also be turned into solid fuel.
Then I did a pass through the recipes and increased the crafting time on most of them from the setup default of 1.
Added some missing localization strings, added some custom sounds, did some work on the barreling icons.

ToDo:
-Add a recycling cycle for the catalysts
-Add electrodes and a cycles for them to be used in electrolysers
-Come up and write a meaningfull description for the mod

Petrochem
-added rocket fuel chain and solid fuel from hydrazine
-changed production times (increased, 2 sec basic chemistry, 4 sec advanced chemistry and cracking, 6 sec fractioning and refining) on most recipes from the setup value of (1)
-overrides should now be complete
-updated splitter and flare stack recipes

---
On another note: If you think or have a description that should be added to anything ingame make a suggestion and I'll see if it fits.

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

I have one suggestion: change the compatibility for fertilizer so we can use bio industries instead oh Bob's greenhouse

Excellent mod btw
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Arch666Angel wrote: @Nexela
If you are reading this: We need a new Petrochems megatrain video :D
I am always reading this!

I'll see what I can do about decorating a nice refinery and an extremely long train to go with it this weekend.

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

diongham wrote:I have one suggestion: change the compatibility for fertilizer so we can use bio industries instead oh Bob's greenhouse

Excellent mod btw
Add not change. Personally I don't like the BI stuff and prefer to use Bobs greenhouse.

rkain101
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by rkain101 »

So I've been trying the Petrochem mod, and am greatly enjoying the added complexity, but I've hit a bit of a stumbling block: How do I craft lubricant? Electric Engines & blue belts still seem to need it, but I can't find any hint of its existence. I considered that it might be like plastic (where the crafting icon does not match the end product, something I hope you'll fix in a future version), but I don't see any fluid that might be lubricant, or that my assemblers recognize as lubricant.

Wildejackson
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Wildejackson »

Hey Angel,
Great work with the mod so far! Enjoying the extended petrochemicals (I study organic chemistry at uni so this is fun for me) but I have a question about your graphics. How on earth do you get the molecular model icons that you and bob use? I ask because I want to create a small private icon pack to replace the generic black-white-white for the carbon chains with the molecular models (full size, rather then a little icon).
Thank you in advance!
Last edited by Wildejackson on Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

Ratzap wrote:Add not change. Personally I don't like the BI stuff and prefer to use Bobs greenhouse.
Change can mean many things. I meant remove requirement.
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

rkain101 wrote:So I've been trying the Petrochem mod, and am greatly enjoying the added complexity, but I've hit a bit of a stumbling block: How do I craft lubricant? Electric Engines & blue belts still seem to need it, but I can't find any hint of its existence. I considered that it might be like plastic (where the crafting icon does not match the end product, something I hope you'll fix in a future version), but I don't see any fluid that might be lubricant, or that my assemblers recognize as lubricant.
convert mineral oil
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

I created a new save with bobs + angels using the petrochem just released but there's a recipe problem.

Blue circuits require carbon. Bobs carbon recipe is gone. Petrochem carbon is coke + CO2. Coke I can make but CO2 requires machines that need blue circuits - which I can't make because no carbon.

Is there a bug here or am I missing something?

Berkys32
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Berkys32 »

At first - all your mods are great! I love refining and petrochem, it adds many more chains...

But - can I use petrol somehow? Cant find any way how to converse it

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

you should have a burner/ non electric chemical furnace that can make carbon

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Yes the red one is OK for carbon.

Maybe you're missing a research?

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

steinio wrote:Yes the red one is OK for carbon.

Maybe you're missing a research?
i believe this one is disabled by angels petrochem mod, that's why it's a problem.

you have 3 ways to create carbon in angels petrochem, but all of them require procesing in building, that requires "blue boards", while "old" bobs recipe, that only required chemical furnace, coal and water is disabled/removed. so you can't create electronic components, that are needed for "blue" board manufacturing.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

diongham wrote:I have one suggestion: change the compatibility for fertilizer so we can use bio industries instead oh Bob's greenhouse

Excellent mod btw
I'll have to look into bio industries first, dont really use it myself aside from multiplayer, but should be an easy task.
rkain101 wrote:So I've been trying the Petrochem mod, and am greatly enjoying the added complexity, but I've hit a bit of a stumbling block: How do I craft lubricant? Electric Engines & blue belts still seem to need it, but I can't find any hint of its existence. I considered that it might be like plastic (where the crafting icon does not match the end product, something I hope you'll fix in a future version), but I don't see any fluid that might be lubricant, or that my assemblers recognize as lubricant.
It can be converted from mineral oil in a converter pipe for now, I will add a recipe for lubricant later on. Although the recipes should be changed to mineral oil anyway?
See above.
Wildejackson wrote:Hey Angel,
Great work with the mod so far! Enjoying the extended petrochemicals (I study organic chemistry at uni so this is fun for me) but I have a question about your graphics. How on earth do you get the molecular model icons that you and bob use? I ask because I want to create a small private icon pack to replace the generic black-white-white for the carbon chains with the molecular models (full size, rather then a little icon).
Thank you in advance!
Glad to hear I got it "right" because I dont have much of a clue when it comes to chemistry, lot's of great people over here helped me with developing the chains and general idea and of course lot's of digging through the Wikipedia. Wikicommons is also the place where I get the spacefill models for the molecules, there are other sources like the chemical database, but I dont know if they are free to use.
Ratzap wrote:I created a new save with bobs + angels using the petrochem just released but there's a recipe problem.

Blue circuits require carbon. Bobs carbon recipe is gone. Petrochem carbon is coke + CO2. Coke I can make but CO2 requires machines that need blue circuits - which I can't make because no carbon.

Is there a bug here or am I missing something?
That is indeed a problem, I might have forgotten to copy the recipe override for the liquifier when changing the overrides from my handwritten ones to using the AWESOME! functions Exasperation provided me with. Will check and change that :)
The chain should be: Coal -> Crusher -> Crushed Coal -> Furnace -> Coke -> Liquifier -> Carbon
Coal -> Liquifier -> Carbon Dioxide --^

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Arch666Angel wrote: That is indeed a problem, I might have forgotten to copy the recipe override for the liquifier when changing the overrides from my handwritten ones to using the AWESOME! functions Exasperation provided me with. Will check and change that :)
The chain should be: Coal -> Crusher -> Crushed Coal -> Furnace -> Coke -> Liquifier -> Carbon
mind - liquifier also requires blue boards.

imo there should be either simplier way that will have lower yield, or building should require basic circuit boards(orange) and not basic electronic boards (blue)

while i would vote for circuit->basic board change.

and one more note, maybe disable chemical (from bob chemical) and chemical furnace all together? seems it doesn't have any recipe available now.

http://imgur.com/a/TYPnw

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

mexmer wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote: That is indeed a problem, I might have forgotten to copy the recipe override for the liquifier when changing the overrides from my handwritten ones to using the AWESOME! functions Exasperation provided me with. Will check and change that :)
mind - liquifier also requires blue boards.

imo there should be either simplier way that will have lower yield, or building should require basic circuit boards(orange) and not basic electronic boards (blue)

while i would vote for circuit->basic board change.

and one more note, maybe disable chemical (from bob chemical) and chemical furnace all together? seems it doesn't have any recipe available now.

http://imgur.com/a/TYPnw
Yeah that's the change I had, move the liquifier from slag-processing tech to basic-chemistry tech and replace the blue with the brown circuit board. The replacement seems to be slipped through though, but I think I will change the whole recipe to require basic-boards and add more tiers of the liquifier. The same problem occurs by the way with the electrolyser, although you dont need it to produce blue circuits, its avaiable before you can even build it, so have also change its recipe.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

A few words about Bio Industries - this mod contains - CO or carbon monoxide - but in Bio Industries this gas call CO - I don't insist but in principle you could override this gas
Question about liquid air - i think this is really very simplistic form of air liquefaction, very easy but not realistic, I have used it many recipes are becoming very realistic, but it's up to you to decide how hardcore should be this chain
Fertilizer requires bob sodium hydroxide instead of Petrochem sodium hydroxide

I know u did really huge work with this mod and again big thanks to u but bob mod's can interact with another popular mods, please you have to consider that there are other mods with hard crafting chains ;)
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Arch666Angel wrote: Yeah that's the change I had, move the liquifier from slag-processing tech to basic-chemistry tech and replace the blue with the brown circuit board. The replacement seems to be slipped through though, but I think I will change the whole recipe to require basic-boards and add more tiers of the liquifier. The same problem occurs by the way with the electrolyser, although you dont need it to produce blue circuits, its avaiable before you can even build it, so have also change its recipe.
it's same with chem lab, and few other things, that you can build, before you can even acquire blue boards. i noticed that some time ago. but with bobs version of carbon it's not an issue, since you can craft board in hand, and components in electronic assembly ... but now it's problem ,because you can't craft boards in hand, since you don't have components.

anyways will look forward for changes :D

Return to “Angels Mods”