[kovarex] [0.17.9] Splitter 2->1 has output gaps even when 1 input is saturated

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Vegemeister
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[kovarex] [0.17.9] Splitter 2->1 has output gaps even when 1 input is saturated

Post by Vegemeister »

I was testing a 4-belt-per-wagon unloader, but I couldn't get it to produce fully-compressed belts, even though the final splitter(s) were backed up on at least one of their inputs. I reduced it to a minimal example, directly north of my position in the attached save:
splitter-bug.zip
(1.89 MiB) Downloaded 38 times
gaps.png
gaps.png (514.95 KiB) Viewed 1044 times
Note the inserter stack size limited to 2. The bug seems to be timing dependent. If I delete the belt in front of the inserter, wait few seconds, and rebuild it, the gaps don't reappear immediately.

The instrumented examples, to the south, show that the bug seems to be related to the items on the belt arriving 3 ticks apart. Given that 3 ticks was the item separation on the old 40/s belts, that's highly suggestive of a possible cause. Maybe there's something in the splitter code that needs to be changed for high-density belts?

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [0.17.9] Splitter 2->1 has output gaps even when 1 input is saturated

Post by kovarex »

Thanks for the report, it is solved (together with bunch of other bugs) by a (hopefully) "final solution" kind of a bugfix related to splitters and compression for 0.17.17

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”