How can I accompish this? Train station and ore problem.

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
maxp779
Inserter
Inserter

How can I accompish this? Train station and ore problem.

Post by maxp779 »

So im looking to get a railway station that will enable itself if there is 16k or more ore in the chests (easy enough). The issue is when a patch runs dry there may be say 15k ore in the chests. And the train will never collect this. How can I make it so that trains come to collect ore when there is 16k or more but also have some kind of condition to get a train to come and empty the station entirely before the station disables itself permanently since the patch is dry?

astroshak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: How can I accompish this? Train station and ore problem.

Post by astroshak »

Try this, maybe?

Wire all the miners together, to get the ore in the field they sit upon. Have a Constant Combinator set to 1 Ore part of this, too. Wire them all to a Decider Combinator, Ore < 2 output Ore = 1. Wire that to an Arithmetic Combinator, multiply Each * 15999, output Each. Wire that output to the chests so it gets picked up by the station as normal.

Have not tried this myself, but in theory it will enable the station to call for a train (station being enabled/disabled, or via train limit, whichever you are using) so long as there is at least one ore in the chests, but won’t call for the train if there is exactly 0 ore in the chests after. And, it should not take effect until the output from the miners reaches zero (at which point the only Ore signal entering the DC is from the CC). As long as the Ore signal from the miners is at least 1 this system should not add the 15999 to the Ore signal in the chests.

quyxkh
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by quyxkh »

Two conditions: chests have 16k or feed belts have 0. So wire like three feed belts read-hold and drop two combinators, everything=0 ⇒ C=1 and ore>16k ⇒ C=1 and set the station to enable if C=1.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

astroshak is correct, you want to generate a 15999 signal when the mine runs out. This forces the train to return once to pick up the remaining ore, but then never return again.

Here is a slightly simpler way of doing it.

15999.jpg
15999.jpg (78.67 KiB) Viewed 1506 times

maxp779
Inserter
Inserter

Post by maxp779 »

Thanks for the responses guys, i'll give this a shot! :D

Return to “Gameplay Help”