Need help with train system!

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
mrpifle123
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Need help with train system!

Post by mrpifle123 »

I'm trying to get this Petroleum train setup to go to and from my base, but the train says it has "No path" when waiting at the petroleum station. It's weird because the train works when coming FROM the base, but going TO it, it shows no path. I've already checked the entire track, and there's no rail missing anywhere. Here are some photos and a vid to give more detail...

Here is what my whole track looks like. Disregard the other tracks. I circled in red the one I'm trying to get working.
Factorio1.jpg
Factorio1.jpg (400.48 KiB) Viewed 1627 times
Factorio2.jpg
Factorio2.jpg (563.6 KiB) Viewed 1627 times
Here's a video link to show what I'm talking about. I was having trouble importing the vid, so I just posted it unlisted on youtube. Pay no attention to the station names, I'm playing with a buddy who likes to make they all very vulgar LOL.
https://youtu.be/ZOuV1jEtbXU

How do I go about fixing this??
FYI: The only rail signals I have are the ones you see in the vid, at the crossing.

sponge14
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Need help with train system!

Post by sponge14 »

Are the stations on the correct side of the track? That has been my issue before.

astroshak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by astroshak »

I am going to guess that it is a signaling issue.

That is basically a “bent barbell” shape. The two bells at the end should be one-way tracks, but the connecting line should be two-way.

Just a hunch, but I’d double check that the signaling where that two-way track crosses the other tracks are set up properly. You’ll want a Chain Signal before the crossing track, and a Rail Signal after … for both crossings, for both directions. The signals on opposite directions of the two-way track MUST be *directly opposite* one another.

But, we would need to see the signals at each intersection to confirm/deny this hunch.

Nosferatu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nosferatu »

I took a look at your video.
As the post above guessed correctly:
Your track crosses the other one in its two way section. So your signals there need to be on both sides of the track.

JimBarracus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JimBarracus »

this intersection is your problem.
Make sure that the signals are lined up next to each other.
Attachments
signa problem.jpg
signa problem.jpg (130.44 KiB) Viewed 1516 times

Return to “Gameplay Help”