[1.1.26] Accumulators are randomly not present on the power network

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
LittleMissMurder
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.26] Accumulators are randomly not present on the power network

Post by LittleMissMurder »

Hi,

I've run into a problem where my power will suddenly flatline network-wide, and looking at the power statistics screen shows that my accumulators are acting as if they're not part of the juice network. The number of solar panels is also vastly underreported (I have a huge block of them as you can see from the minimap). The number of accumulators yields (when it works) over 3GJ of storage, but when the problem occurs, it shows as 0J.

I've attached a screenshot to demonstrate:

I have mouse hovered an accumulator to show that it displays "Fully charged", and none of them are displaying a lack of connectivity. I've double checked this many times. The charging and discharging animations for the accumulators still seem to work, but otherwise it's as if they're just not connected.

I have no idea what triggers this, it happens without warning. I also don't know if I'm doing anything wrong, is there some special way these things need wiring up? (I assume not).

I will add that I have expanded my solar infrastructure FAR beyond my needs (I want to start playing with OMGLAZORS)

Any help would be appreciated, and please shout if you need any savegame files or whatnot.

Thanks!
Rhianne

ETA: Why is the img tag not working? https://imgur.com/a/g0EdDeR

LittleMissMurder
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.1.26] Accumulators are randomly not present on the power network

When it starts working again, this is what is displayed as expected.

https://imgur.com/a/FJsinIu

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

It does not start working again, you click on different networks.

LittleMissMurder
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

There is only one network. https://imgur.com/a/3HrNybd

In any case, if it was related to networks, my power wouldn't suddenly flatline out of nowhere, yes?

LittleMissMurder
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

https://filebin.net/7b0eud4xbzdtdffy

Let me know if there's anything else you need.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

That save does not show any problems. Post a save that shows the issue and how to produce it please.

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DaleStan »

Which power pole were you clicking on when you saw the 20-panel, 0-accumulator network?

I suspect that you did have two separate networks, but have now fixed that. Your screenshots have one network with 465 solar panels and one with 20 solar panels, but I see a network with 485 panels.

LittleMissMurder
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Loewchen wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:50 am
That save does not show any problems. Post a save that shows the issue and how to produce it please.
You're kidding, right?

LittleMissMurder
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

DaleStan wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:51 am
Which power pole were you clicking on when you saw the 20-panel, 0-accumulator network?

I suspect that you did have two separate networks, but have now fixed that. Your screenshots have one network with 465 solar panels and one with 20 solar panels, but I see a network with 485 panels.
I was standing by my bank of accumulators and clicked a power pole there.

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DaleStan »

Which specific power pole? I've already clicked on several, and all showed the single unified network.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

There is one main electric network that is connected in the save so there are not many clues as to what happened. However on the screenshot where the network was apparently disconnected there are only 20 solar panels and this matches the amount of solar panels at around {285, 443}. Because you have accumulators near {109, 187} which are not showing in the electric network info but there are 16 assemblers so it had to include the assemblers that produce accumulators near {140, 208}. Because of that i suspect your network was split by one of the poles missing around {123, 201}. This part is to the south of your screenshot where you showed electric network.

45 undo actions before the save, electric pole was placed around {113, 189} which connected top and bottom parts. So those 2 networks were indeed separated because of missing pole. Right branch going to accumulators to {180, 92} does not connect so it does not provide alternative path.

Networks were separated. Not a bug.
LittleMissMurder wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:09 am
You're kidding, right?
This is not a way of providing details if you want your issue to be solved.

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

boskid wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:27 am
There is one main electric network that is connected in the save so there are not many clues as to what happened. However on the screenshot where the network was apparently disconnected there are only 20 solar panels and this matches the amount of solar panels at around {285, 443}. Because you have accumulators near {109, 187} which are not showing in the electric network info but there are 16 assemblers so it had to include the assemblers that produce accumulators near {140, 208}. Because of that I suspect your network was split by one of the poles missing around {123, 201}. This part is to the south of your screenshot where you showed electric network.

45 undo actions before the save, electric pole was placed around {113, 189} which connected top and bottom parts. So those 2 networks were indeed separated because of missing pole. Right branch going to accumulators to {180, 92} does not connect so it does not provide alternative path.

Networks were separated. Not a bug.
Is this forensic bugfixing or something?
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

Return to “Gameplay Help”