Construction Robots Not Building

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Ryfe3
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Construction Robots Not Building

Post by Ryfe3 »

Hey guys!

I have just unlocked robots, but I can't seem to get them to work.

I've built a roboport, put in some construction robots (and logistics robots), then threw down a ghost of an iron chest about 8 squares away, then threw down both a red (passive proder), and yellow (storage chest), and put 100 iron plates in both.

Unfortunately, the construction robots still don't build the iron chest.

However, if I throw down a blue (requester chest), and request iron plates to be moved to it, then my logistics robots will come out of the roboport, go over to the provider chest, grab the iron plates, and move it to the blue chest as I asked.

Any ideas as to what's happening? All info would be sincerely appreciated, thank you!
Construction Robots Not Going Anywhere.
Construction Robots Not Going Anywhere.
1.PNG (4.64 MiB) Viewed 3771 times
Logistics Robots Work Just Fine.
Logistics Robots Work Just Fine.
2.PNG (4.32 MiB) Viewed 3771 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Construction Robots Not Building

Post by Loewchen »

Bots do not manufactory items, they place entities. You do not have an iron chest item in storage as the yellow warning sign next to the shortcut bar is telling you.

astroshak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Construction Robots Not Building

Post by astroshak »

Logistics bots move stuff to Requestor type chests : Requestor and Buffer chests. They can also move stuff to Storage Chests if there is no Requestor type seeking it. They move stuff from Provider Chests : Storage Chests, Buffer Chests, Passive Provider Chests, and Active Provider Chests.

Construction bots take items out of chests and place them where you set a ghost. If you put a ghost of an Oil Refinery down, the bot will pick up an Oil Refinery from a provider type chest and put it on the ground as specified.

Return to “Gameplay Help”