Only 1 train showing in Train Overview right-side panel

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Skotty
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Only 1 train showing in Train Overview right-side panel

Post by Skotty »

What am I doing wrong here? Or is this a bug? In my world, I have 23 trains right now, but the Train Overview, which shows all 23 in the list on the left side of the window, shows only a single train in the larger panel on the right side. I have a screenshot I'll see if I can attach; have to figure out where I can host the image first. Not sure if this is just me not understanding something, or maybe it's some kind of bug?

As I click through the list on the left panel, it will show the train I have selected in the right panel. But there doesn't seem to be any way to get it to show more than 1. The list on the left doesn't allow multi-select. As I recall, in 0.17 it would show all of them on the right-side panel all the time. My current version is 1.1.21 build 58049, win64.
Screenshot

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Only 1 train showing in Train Overview right-side panel

Post by posila »

Overhauled train overview GUI shows trains grouped by their schedule, on the left is list of all unique train schedules, on the right are all trains that have the selected schedule.
https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-364

Skotty
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Only 1 train showing in Train Overview right-side panel

Post by Skotty »

Okay. I think I might understand this. A schedule meaning having the exact same sequence of train stops? The way I set up my train system, I could have a 100 trains easily, but I doubt I will ever have more than 1 train on any schedule. As this isn't a bug, I'm going to continue this discussion in another forum category. However, devs might want to consider whether it would be beneficial to allow multi-select on the schedules to show multiple schedules at the same time in the right-hand panel. That would be useful to me, but unsure if it would be sufficiently useful for the whole community or not.

Return to “Gameplay Help”