[1.1.21]Stationary construction robots

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Gentil
Inserter
Inserter

[1.1.21]Stationary construction robots

Post by Gentil »

Hello,

The construction robots are at a standstill for 5 to 10 minutes while there are the resources needed for construction.
After these 5 / 10 min it starts to build and then stops again and so on and sometimes the roboport does not detect the area to be built while the roboport's construction area covers the area to be built.

Instead of a simple construction that takes 5 minutes, it takes 20 to 30 minutes or more.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

starlinvf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [1.1.21]Stationary construction robots

Post by starlinvf »

How many bots are on the map? I believe theres a limit (~1000) on how many new jobs can be assigned to bots per update cycle. If theres a huge number of bots, it'll take awhile to cycle through all of them.

Trific
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Trific »

It also sounds like the roboport may not be sufficient to charge all the bots.

hale42
Inserter
Inserter

Post by hale42 »

Where are they stationary at? I

f they just float, they aren't in a network the y will run out of energy and add themselves to the nearest network.

or the network has no space to put them (in the actual roboport) so they float waiting for something to do.

If they are in the robo and just not seeing the job is there to many jobs for them? The max is something like 600 in Q + your personal network + some crazy max for modules highest I've seen total is 4k most being the modules.

Gentil
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Gentil »

I have different areas for my robots, for example an area for the smelting furnaces that produce copper plates, another area for the refinery.
I have about 200 to 400 construction robots per zone, for the ovens there is a lot to build, the belts, the furnaces, the beacon it must be more than 10K entities to build I think.

I have enough resources to allow them to build, I bring some by train and it's unloaded by the logistics robots.
When I look at the progress of the construction from the map, I see that it's not going fast, and I don't see the alerts that entities are missing where they're missing, as if it doesn't detect that entities are missing in certain places.

BKKGreenMango
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by BKKGreenMango »

Gentil wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:13 pm
I have different areas for my robots, for example an area for the smelting furnaces that produce copper plates, another area for the refinery.
I have about 200 to 400 construction robots per zone, for the ovens there is a lot to build, the belts, the furnaces, the beacon it must be more than 10K entities to build I think.

I have enough resources to allow them to build, I bring some by train and it's unloaded by the logistics robots.
When I look at the progress of the construction from the map, I see that it's not going fast, and I don't see the alerts that entities are missing where they're missing, as if it doesn't detect that entities are missing in certain places.
Sounds like maybe your problem is similar to this recent discussion Increase bot queue processing rate

Return to “Gameplay Help”