Circuit network - take only "N" first signals in the "internal order" that signals are processed?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Arcanox
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Circuit network - take only "N" first signals in the "internal order" that signals are processed?

Post by Arcanox »

I'm looking for a way, if possible, to design a combinator network that will only take the first "N" (or maybe just the first) signal out of a network in the order that they are usually taken by the game itself, such as when a stack filter inserter sets its filter. If I have 10 different item signals, the inserter will take the "first signal" determined by some deterministic (but seemingly arbitrary) order until that signal is equal to zero. For example, if I have 100 * Red Belt and 50 * Yellow Belt, Yellow Belt is always taken until that signal goes away. I'm not sure if there's a way to somehow use combinators to filter in a similar manner so that if the input to the circuit design is 100 * Red Belt and 100 * Yellow Belt, the output of the circuit will only be 100 * Yellow Belt until that signal decreases to 0. Anyone have designs for this, or perhaps a mod which adds a new machine to accomplish this?

DerGraue
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Circuit network - take only "N" first signals in the "internal order" that signals are processed?

Post by DerGraue »

The "anything" wildcard in combinators only outputs one value. That's the green one.

Arcanox
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Circuit network - take only "N" first signals in the "internal order" that signals are processed?

Post by Arcanox »

DerGraue wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:26 pm
The "anything" wildcard in combinators only outputs one value. That's the green one.
Ah, indeed it does! For some reason I was thinking that wasn't available as an output signal; I think I was remembering Arithmetic combinators instead of Decision. "Anything > 0 => Anything" works exactly as I was hoping :D

torne
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by torne »

It wasn't available as an output signal until very recently; this was added to deciders in 1.1.13 :)

Arcanox
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Arcanox »

torne wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:00 pm
It wasn't available as an output signal until very recently; this was added to deciders in 1.1.13 :)
That would explain it ;)

It turned out to be incredibly useful for my robots > LTN adapter station design.

Return to “Gameplay Help”