Problem reading hand / belt contents

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
tomkcook
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Problem reading hand / belt contents

Post by tomkcook »

I'm running factorio 1.0.0 on linux 64-bit. I have a fair selection of mods installed, including most of bob's, LTN, but also maybe ten others.

I'm seeing a problem where the contents of a belt or hand are not read reliably. This structure demonstrates the problem:

https://pastebin.com/McUVYcNu

There are two pieces of uranium-235 circulating around the loop. Each time a piece passes through the left-hand box, it should be counted by the piece of belt that is connected to the circuit network (the belt is set to "Read belt contents" and "Pulse" mode). The arithmetic combinator is set to output its input * 1, with its output and input linked to form an integrator. The display is from the "Smart Display" mod.

About one in four or five pieces of uranium-235 passing through the loop is not counted. I manually counted 100 pieces moving through the loop, at the end of which the display reads 78.

I get the same result reading the contents of the hand feeding out of the left-hand box instead of the belt it drops onto.

Is this a known problem? Is there a way to fix it?

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Problem reading hand / belt contents

Post by DaveMcW »

Check your electric network. Combinators fail if they are low on power.

tomkcook
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Problem reading hand / belt contents

Post by tomkcook »

Yep, good call. Thanks.

Return to “Gameplay Help”