Add Playtime on a server

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Vito_thedog
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Add Playtime on a server

Post by Vito_thedog »

I have a Problem. I wanted to play with a friend (to make some achievments). So i opened a server. After updating the server to 1.1,I noticed that there was a text at the achievements tab. It may be that this text was there in version 1.0, but I still got Achievements (1.0). The text reads "You need to play more than 50% of the game's total runtime to be able to get achievements. The game lasted 133h24m55s, but you spend only 27h5m51s in the game". This happened because we deliberately turned on autopause. However, my friend liked to fill up the buffer. So he stayed online the nights... Is there any way to give playtime yourself or edit the total playtime?
Thanks already!

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Add Playtime on a server

Post by ickputzdirwech »

Since you don’t want any speedrun achievements anyway, you could just do the same thing as your friend and afk. If I‘ve done my math correctly this would only take you ... 79h13m13s :mrgreen:

Edit: fixed typo. Thanks reddit user PHOenICE_tv !
Last edited by ickputzdirwech on Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

Vito_thedog
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Vito_thedog »

Wow, i play once without mods to do achievements and i can´t do this, because the server is running to long?!?!?! WHY???. I have access to the world on the server and can´t even do anything there... Not funny AND COOL!
Did somebody knows a trick to get a achievements without building a whole new world/base?
Thanks anyway!

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ickputzdirwech »

Afaik you would have to edit the level.dat file. Be sure to make proper backups! The level.dat file is pretty much unreadable for normal humans though. You can find information to a very similar issue (using commands in single player) here: 29709. I didn’t read the full topic, but maybe your issue was even already discussed as well.
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

Vito_thedog
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Vito_thedog »

I saw that already, but this is only how to enable achievments. I had to lock. I think I will coppy the Worldseed and my Base and import them. Then I turn Achievements on and everything is fine, I hope.
Thanks!

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

Back a couple of years ago there were multiple complaint from new players who jumped into random multiplayer servers to have a look around, and were bombarded with achievements, and felt they shouldn't get all these endgame achievements for just logging in. So the devs introduced the 50% rule. Maybe they should have made steam achievements single player only. (Only semi-joking there. But this is an issue where you can't please everyone).

If you want to continue this base for a long time you will get there in about 78-80 hours (assuming you can convince your friend not to stay logged in when you are offline). 200 hours really isn't a long running map.

Vito_thedog
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Vito_thedog »

I can understand the devs. But why 50%? Why not 25% or only 10%. I mean high-end Servers have more than 1000 hours++++ so for 10% you have to stay there for 110 hours or so... But at 50% its lilely impossible to get achievements on that world. And then... Why isn´t there a option for this to disable it on a Server/ only for admins? But Its how it its and i have to live with it

pichutarius
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by pichutarius »

Vito_thedog wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:19 am
I can understand the devs. But why 50%? Why not 25% or only 10%. I mean high-end Servers have more than 1000 hours++++ so for 10% you have to stay there for 110 hours or so... But at 50% its lilely impossible to get achievements on that world. And then... Why isn´t there a option for this to disable it on a Server/ only for admins? But Its how it its and i have to live with it
Because if dev set to 10%, im pretty sure there is another player name antivitothedogpost , came from antiuniverse made of antimatter will complain why it is 10% and not 50% , and also able to make a reasonable case that 50% is better. ; )

Sorry for the lausy jokes.
Happy new year

Edit: jokes aside, maybe a flat time period is better than percentage.

Return to “Gameplay Help”